1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Board Gams!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Flipswitch, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Played several It's A Wonderful World games* lately and I find it really interesting.
    I didn't played the extension yet but I've heard good things about it.

I even ended wining against those damned 11 and 13 years old kids my best friend have. Those youngsters, unlike me, have a working brain (and quite a fast one btw).

jherazob likes this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Koin-Koin likes this.
  3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

If you like euros with a space-colonization (or space-stripmining) theme and cool 3D boards and pieces, check out our recent KS for a game called Titan. @WhelpSlayer and I work at a company called Holy Grail Games, and Titan's kind of our labor of love for cool 3D space games with graphics that look like a 70s prog rock album cover. The board's in a spoiler below because it's an animated image.

I know links to third-party products are a no-no here, so just Google "Holy Grail Games Kickstarter Titan" if you'd like to check it out. The Backerkit opens soon if you'd like to pick it up, or come try a demo at UK Games Expo if you're in the UK, or Essen Spiele if you're in Germany.

[​IMG]

#263 Savnock, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Stiopa and jherazob like this.
  4. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

It's not a bad game per say. But it comes really late to the party.
    Just another draft+resources management game, with almost nothing new added. I don't get how it managed to be nominated for the As d'Or (didn't win, Res Arcana being the happy one).

I like drafting mechanic and any draft-based game, but still... Why would I play Wonderful World when I can play any combination of 7 Wonders + extensions to get the same thing but better?
    I'll still add it to my collection, though. Just to be sure that I will not play it after the 5 first games...

5. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

At the end i divced into Star Trek Ascendancy for a 4x game.
    Eclipse is as complex as Twilight Imperium and takes to much time for my standard boardgame group and on the other side ST Ascendancy has some the exploring aspekt going as there is no real fixed board. I really like it.

6. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I managed to get my parents to play Arkham Horror and Star Wars Outer Rim with me. Been having quite a bit of fun!

Hope they'll play Defiance too!

jherazob likes this.
  7. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Tried the tutorial scenario of First Martian a week ago and it's quite interesting. Think coop version of The Martian where everything could (and would go wrong).
    We need to do more of it but I think there a great potential for fun at 4.

Tried the solo mode of Cowboy Bebop: Space Serenade and I enjoyed it too.
    Ok, you can call me biased here but I don't care.
    Nothing original in terms of game mechanics but If fit the universe pretty well (and now I have 5 minis to paint).
    I have to test it with my friends but I think that the semi coop game system will work.

8. Chango50

Chango50 I´m back!

MTG Commander format, some warcry and warhammer underworlds, L5R LCG, and arkham horror LCG.

9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Before the Coronavirus quarantine I managed to play a couple of games of Dune, the Gale Force 9 edition (just a re-skin with a few erratas and tournament rules integrated). It's fucking awesome, I love it.

But it is also a ruthless old school game, not for beginners.

10. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

I envy you for finding people to play they game.
    I cant get peopel to try it, either they lack english proficiency or are not into Dune (shame on them).

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation