1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morat Aggression Force Compendium

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by TheDiceAbide, Jan 23, 2020.

1. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

[​IMG]

Here is a compilation of all my Morat articles from TheDiceAbide.

Morats have a special place in my heart. They are often misunderstood, maligned, and made fun of in the community. In my experience however, this comes from some fundamental misunderstandings of what the Morat Aggression Force is about. It can be easy with a name like that to think that they rush up the table and punch faces. If you want an army like that, then I’d suggest you check out Steel Phalanx. No, the Morat Aggression Force is an army about reliability and understanding the basics.

To win with Morats means to have an incredible command of the fundamentals of the Infinity game. Their units are fairly straight forward, with few tricks, but they also stay where you put them, and can be incredibly forgiving should your Lieutenant go down, or you be put into retreat. It’s actually those last two things which people often take for granted, but can win the day for particularly cunning Morat generals.

Articles
    Battle Reports
    Light Infantry
    Medium Infantry
    Heavy Infantry
    TAG
    Warbands
    Skirmishers

#1 TheDiceAbide, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  2. Sven F.

Sven F. Dismember

Thanks for the overview. I've recently bought some Morat models so any insight is appreciated.

3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I don't always agree with your opinion, but I find it to be mostly aligned with my own, and the articles are definitely well written. Thank you for posting this, mate.

TheDiceAbide and Golem2God like this.
  4. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

What about Kornak?

5. TheDiceAbide

Warcor

Funny you should mention that... I've got a review for him coming up on monday, it wasn't until I made the compilation that I realized I missed him, haha.

m2cat, Golem2God and Doppelgganger like this.
  6. TheDiceAbide

Warcor

7. DaRedOne

Warcor

As usual I don't fully agree with your opinion, but I do agree Kornak is one of, if not the best LT option we have nowadays.

I've started to run him with Two suryats every now and then, and it is pretty great. Makes for an awesome punch in the face team that is just shy of the old Sogarat powerhouse. Usually I do that to have the raktoraks free for my core team, specially if I am running hungries, as having two raktoraks (red fury and vulkan shotgun, usually) on that team is pretty good.

My biggest point of contention is calling him as resilient as HI, though. Without shock immunity I've had my Kornak punked by infil/AD SMGs way too often for my tastes. Specially because if you're up against an SMG you can't trade with the flamer, as that means you're risking Kornak dying way too fast.

He's still pretty good, though. I use him a lot.

TheDiceAbide, Doppelgganger and Lesh' like this.
  8. alchahest

alchahest Well-Known Member

if I'm inside 8 against shock, I'm using the pistol instead of the flamethrower, gotta get those F2F. it's not a perfect solution, but winning that F2F is super important with just one wound. on the other hand, if you're that close you've hopefully already done a ton of damage, and shifting LT hurts a lot less for Morats, so if you can get more than one enemy using the flamethrower it might still be a good trade.

9. DaRedOne

Warcor

Not the point, mate. Yes, at a situation like that you should use the pistol because it is better to have an FTF than risk losing Kornak, even if MAF has means to mitigate loss of lieutenant.

However, note that Kornak costs 47 points. That's more expensive than most of the Suryat profiles, while being less resistant than them. If an enemy suicides a 20 point AD or Skirmisher trooper to punk Kornak, it is a net gain for them. It is a glaring weakness of the big guy and it is something that players need to consider when putting him on the list.

I'm not saying he's bad. He's won me a few games just by being able to do so many things at once (seriously, being an MI character with a DA CCW means Kornak can pull a lot of weight when it comes to classified objectives.) But understating his weaknesses shouldn't be done.

10. alchahest

alchahest Well-Known Member

His lack of shock immunity is absolutely a weakness, I agree there. Especially with all the SMGs around. Maybe N4 will just update him to 2 wounds?

11. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Why does this feel like a post that would logically be stickied for future reference?

'Cause it feels like that.

P.S.: MAF articles to binge, yay! Been ages since I heard anything about them, and they're the only part of CA that seems interesting to me and my simpleton tactics. <.<

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation