1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with TO CAMO during passive phase

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Fangoman, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Fangoman

Fangoman New Member

I am back to vanilla Haqq since some months, and need to refresh some basic concept of the faction.
    I was thinking about dealing with TO-cmo attackers, and I think that during the active phase HAQQ has a huge number of units which can discover and annihilate or simply hit with intuitive attacks any TO camo at reach.

I got some doubt instead about the passive phase. Let`s suppose one or more TO camos moving toward our field or ramboing against our troops: how to face them efficiently ??

2. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

I'd say mines and template weapons usually do the trick. Cover the approaches to your models with some mines (Muyibs should get you covered in that department) and bring some DT weapons to cover your Rambo pieces. A couple of ghazis or naffatuns with HFT should do the trick (the latter ones appear more preferable to me since even if they don't manage to kill the TO unit, they would still downgrade it to mimetism). Also, make sure that the potential TO unit has to attack you within 10" or so in order for your HFT or chain rifle to blast them. So avoiding open firelanes is a must.

#2 AssaultUnicorn, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Myomer, Errhile and Capo.Paint like this.
  3. Natsymir

Natsymir Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but...

Ghazi Muttawi'ah.

Template weapons like chain rifles are excellent against TO cammo, but Muttawi'ahs also packs E/Marats, to really ruin the day of hi-tech-Rambos, and Jammers, to ruin the day of just about everybody all the time. A defensive cloud of Muttawi'ahs + a few Daylamis and Ayyar or Yasbir holoechoes made to look like even more Muttawi'ahs or something will be basically impossible to crack. Add a Naffatûn or two for fire templates, or the Muyib minelayer, and you've got the best fortress in all of Infinity. Haqq's ubiqutous light shotguns can be useful against TO cammo/ODD too, in a pinch.

4. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

Friendly reminder that TO Camo grants Stealth, and that Intuituve Attack is an Entire Order and cannot be used as an ARO.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Xagul82

Xagul82 Well-Known Member

Jammers don't need lof

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_I01WD mit Tapatalk

6. LZ35SRX

Still can't attack a Stealth trooper without LoF or without this trooper using a non-Movement skill.
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Stealth

7. Xagul82

as long as there ist no lof to the stealthmarker, but the moment you see the Marker the Jammer aro should be possible!(?)

8. LZ35SRX

You cannot attack a marker without using Intuitive Attack. And Intuitive Attack is an Entire Order skill, which can't be used in ARO.
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Intuitive_Attack

Xeurian likes this.
  9. Xagul82

Could you drop a mine If the marker moves in your ZoC?

10. LZ35SRX

I think this is rapidly going off-topic =)

You can drop a Mine as an ARO, but only if there is a valid target in the mine's Trigger Area. Otherwise, if there's only Camo or TO Camo marker inside a mine's Trigger Area - it cannot be deployed. The exception to this rule is if Intuitive Attack is used.
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Mines#Anti-Personnel_Mines_Weapon_Skill yellow box at the bottom of the skill description.

Edit: And of course you need to meet the requirements for using a Mine ARO - and it requires LoF to the target, that provoked ARO.

#10 LZ35SRX, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  11. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Stealth is nice but a decent layer of Muttawiah protection is going to be effective if they decide to actually do anything with that (expensive) TO guy. At 20 points, why not do it?

Related: Dear god I hope Jammers' various capabilities get split into multiple weapons in N4.

Now if we're talking about needing to shrug off long-ranged TO attacks (TO snipers etc.) in your reactive turn, not much to be done there besides Djanbazan linkteams. Djanbazan snipers make my HMG Hac Tao unhappy, and if you can stack one vertically with an HMG, even better.

12. Natsymir

I faced Shaasvasti today, and was expecting a Noctifer with missile launcher. So I fielded a Tuareg sniper, that I hidden deployed in a high tower on the edge of the board, where she could see most of the likely Noctifer positions. And indeed! Once the Noctifer popped up to shoot some Muttawi'ahs, I, too, popped up and shot him dead. Now, he's got ODD, but because my tower was higher than his, and I was prone, I had cover, but he didn't. So I hit on 11 +3 -6, so 8, whereas he would only hit me with his missile launcher on 12 +3 -9, so 6. Had I been in my active turn, I could've used surprise shot, and he would only hit me on 3. I also had a ghulam sniper on another roof, that could also ARO the Noctifer.

I realize hitting on 8 isn't ideal, but Haqqislam has such a plethora of cheap snipers, and they all pack shock ammo, due to their great basic sniper rifles with 0,5 SWC. Ghulam sniper 16 pts, anyone? You should take at least two every game... The humble but terrifying panzerfaust Daylamis also pack a nice mid-range ARO punch.

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  13. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I don't know how the f2f you describe could happen in your reactive turn. Opponent declares idle and places a TO marker. You declare delay and place a TO marker. Now opponent declares his second short skill. He can't shoot your Tuareg, it's still in marker state. If he decides to shoot your Mutt, you get a free shot with the Tuareg. More likely, he uses his second short skill to move the Noctifer into cover. Then, if he wants to fight it out he spends another order to discover-shoot, so he's the one who gets surprise shot and you both have cover.

Also, if you also had a Ghulam sniper covering the Noctifer, surely he would have fought that first before shooting at the Mutts?

14. Natsymir

I left out lots of details about the situation that felt irrelevant to my point, and simplified it a lot. What actually happened was:

My first turn: The Noctifer pops out and shoots some muttawiah's. They all perish. I keep cool and don't reveal my Tuareg yet, nor do I use the Ghulam sniper, for I have a Mukhtar, not in a good range band, but hidden behind smoke that she can see through with her MSV2. I try shooting the Noctifer with her, and I hit, but he tanks it and fails his guts roll to move back a few inches on the roof where he's prone.

My opponent's first turn: He activates the Noctifer, and declares a move, to get back to the corner of the roof where he's actually dangerous. Now I reveal the Tuareg and shoot him, and I also shoot with my Ghulam sniper, even though she'll be hit by a mine from a Speculo in doing so.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation