1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sectorial - Bureau Aegis

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Numazokola, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

My mate told me, that this year is probably coming the first sectorial for O-12 and will be the BUREAU AEGIS! what do you guys think? fake or real? how it will be?

Actually im pretty excited to see what brings. Maybe specialized on robotic troops, and HI.

Linked Betas? Saladin?

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

It's hard to speculate about this at the moment, because N4 will shake things up a lot. Additionally current O12 lineup is pretty much sectorial by itself, cut the mercs out and you have a solid NA2 instead of a vanilla faction. Introducing sectorials would mean introducing new units, possibly mixing in some Aleph troops, and this allows for such broad spectrum of possibilities that it's difficult to come up with anything solid.

One possibility is introducing one sectorial focused on police theme, and another one more paramilitary in nature. Some years ago we would be able to divide them based on unit logo design, but CB's approach isn't as clear these days; you can see two main divisions in O12, but both have "Bureau Aegis" on their logos. And then there are odd ones like Lynx, Razor, or Varangians. So again, hard to tell.

3. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Can't help thinking the Cyberghosts are borrowed from outside Aegis. And Catherine Cho as well, obviously (since apparently a Psi Agent)

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Right now pretty much everything we have is Aegis, I would imagine when they do sectorials one will be SWORDFOR (the more military elements) and the other the more law enforcement side.

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I wouldn't rule out a similar maneuver that was done with PanO ORCs, or Machinists; units getting different versions in different sectorials, and maybe slight logo change. For me stuff like Deltas, Epsilons, Omegas and Gammas are definitely SWORDFOR. Zeta and Razor probably as well. Lynx, obviously. Betas are border case.

Numazokola likes this.
  6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Betas, in particular, I’d bet not, with their fluff describing them as being prisoners out in the world via Remote Presence.

7. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I do remember something about them saying Saladin wouldn't be in O12's Army list from the kickstarter, but didn't save it so could be misremembering.
    Edit: went back to check and I found a reference to Saladin being added to O12, but at some point in the future. So there ya go, maybe.

It does seem like they should have trimmed out some of the units for O12 core, given how long it might take to get figures for some of them. If they'd held some back for the sectorial, maybe we'd see them sooner.

Is there a book that has O12's write ups like Ramah/ Tunguska is in Daedalus or whatnot?

#7 Vocenoctum, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Numazokola likes this.
  8. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Where is that written?

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I would think that Aegis is less likely simply because there aare already so many profiles for them and expanding with new profiles is more... hype... gives more reason for veterans to adopt a O-12 collection if they already haven't.

Thoth or Psi would ve interesting and aa more likely place for Saladin.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  10. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Bureau Aegis sounds cool, though that mean you guys want Kappa unit SWC box with kickass Epsilon HMG Hostage (with tactical rock)? lol

11. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

I'd agree with this. You bring in a new sectorial other than Aegis, and fill out the vanilla at the same time. If they decided to go really nuts, you also bring Aegis out at the same time and add a hero to it instead of many more units.

Mahtamori likes this.
  12. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I really hope it's not going to happen anytime soon. O-12 is not even near complete model-wise and Defiance will probably add Saladin to the mix, so I'd rather wait some time. Their roster is also fairly small, so they already feel like a sectorial minus fireteams, and it would be weird to further cull the roster "just" to enable fireteams and get the odd character/aleph unit in there. It would feel more like a marketing move than anything else tbh.

13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Maybe we will see first White Company sectorial, with some O12 profile to play in

14. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

Didn't we talked about O-12 sectorial in another thread?

Since I am new to Infinity I don't know how CB has done the previous ones: did they had the vanilla list with all the units and then divided them into sectorials or they started with a vanilla base that then expanded it through the addition of sectorials?

Also why is a sectorial so important? Couldn't have they made O-12 ditectly one?

15. Mahtamori

Sectorials are important because they are a major reason to sell extra models, particularly of models that are unpopular in vanilla, plus that sectorials are very popular to play. They could have made O-12 a sectorial, but they have stated that they wanted to create a new main faction.

Previously they have added Tohaa, Combined and Aleph at the same rough time period as they introduced Fireteams and sectorials to the game, so O-12 is a bit unique in that they are introduced so many years after sectorials became a thing.

Above all else sectorials strengths faction identity.

16. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I'm expecting to see around 4-5 new units with whatever sectorial O-12 gets.

I'm really hoping for SWORDFOR, since they already have all my favorite O-12 units. Love to see what unique thing they might get for their line troops or if they will just use the Kappas. And what else they might get to round them out or hyper focus on. Omega HI will be bonkers in a 5 man link. (Kinda expecting they might only get a haris) though by this summer all the SwordFor patch units will have model releases, so my money is on them.
    1 Epsilon
    3 Delta
    1 Cuervo Goldstien
    2 Lynx
    1 Omega
    1 Beta
    2 Gamma

I'm also expecting Bureau Toph to eventually be one of their sectorials. (Though it could also be one of Aleph's next ones too) very heavy mix of aleph and O12 troops. With a major focus on hacking and remotes.

#16 Kreslack, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  17. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Varangian Guard in particular would make an obvious choice: they're AEC vets turned merc afterall. It would allow you to drop a box of them to flesh-out both O-12 (including potentially the new Sectorial) and White Company; great move from the POV of shifting stock and filling out rosters.

Re: who's in what Sectorial. There's a distinct Yellow / Red split in the unit Icons (with Green ascribed to 'universal' troops). That could relate to a 'combat' vs 'policing' split (both Gangbusters and Sirius are 'yellow' while Lynx with the prominent 'SWORDFOR' is red).

That puts it like this:

Team Yellow: Alpha, Cyberghosts, Cho, Kappa, Lambda, Sirius, Gangbusters
    Team Red: Lync, Goldstein, Delta, Epsilon, Betas, Gamma, Omega
    Green auxilliary / Heavy Support: Zulu + all REMs
    Loner Edgelords in Black and Grey: Razors.

Varangian Guard I've left off, because from a fluff POV they're not really part of Beareu Aegis but are explicitly Mercs.

18. Mahtamori

There's other vectors to look at them as well;

Stars-and-laurels - similar to Yu Jing where generally a border with stylized wheat seem to indicate army forces, there's plenty of units in O-12 that have a star motif and several of them with 5+ star symbolism on them with huge overlap. A sectorial with these would have as base (selecting one profile as representative and skipping REMs);
    KAPPA Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    SIRIUS Boarding Shotgun + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    CUERVO GOLDSTEIN Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 42)
    DELTA Boarding Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    EPSILON HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    BETATROOPER MULTI Rifle, 2 Nanopulser + 1 TinBot A / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 40)
    GAMMA HMG / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 57)
    OMEGA MULTI Rifle + Heavy Riotstopper / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    That's... basically all HI with a few support troops - not a bad basis to have for a sectorial where you expect to add around 5 to 8 new units to...

Alphabet - Psi unit, Kappa, Gamma, Delta... Need I say more.
    ALPHA (Chain of Command) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    CHO (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    KAPPA Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    LAMBDA Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    CUERVO GOLDSTEIN Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 42)
    DELTA Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    DELTA Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)
    EPSILON HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    EPSILON MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    GAMMA Feuerbach / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 58)
    OMEGA MULTI Rifle + Heavy Riotstopper + 1 TinBot A / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 47)
    ZETA Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon + Heavy Riotstopper / AP CC Weapon. (2 | 93)
    [​IMG] ZETBOT Flash Pulse / Electric Pulse. (0 | 0)
    Now, this is excessively boring and is basically also nearly everything with the Bureau Aegis in the icon. But if Cho is a Psi, wonder if there's going to be more...

19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Team yellow (police security) and team red (military intervention) would be cool. Razors are team OBSIDIAN cos you know. Marketing.

Numazokola likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation