1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Through Allies and BS Attack

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by LZ35SRX, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

A question about a popular tactic popped up.

I think everybody knows of the tactic of "put a mine around the corner, then poke your head out and shoot". The question about this tactic is thus: Can you declare BS Attack while moving through your ally (in this case - a mine)?

To clarify: Take a look at the following diagram
    upload_2020-2-23_17-23-21.png
    Where Red1 is an enemy, Green1 is Mine and Green2 is an ally with AP Mines and a Combi Rifle.
    Can Green2 shoot Red1 from the position of the blue circle?
    upload_2020-2-23_17-25-32.png

2. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

[​IMG]

cant see any problems.

Mahtamori likes this.
  3. LZ35SRX

In your diagram your mine is blocking LoF, because it is still an S2 Camo marker. It would work, if the enemy declares an ARO, but if not - mine won't trigger.

EDIT: And my question was more about the legality of declaring BS Attack (or any other skill, really), while moving through an allied trooper.

4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Camo markers don't block LoF. This works fine.

Mahtamori and LZ35SRX like this.
  5. Alguaciles_Ortega

Alguaciles_Ortega Active Member

noob question, to follow

Following the above diagram ( 2nd of the two available ), and following answers, is the only requirement for the model that place the mine to have LoF from any point of the base, than ?

Considering that camo markers do not block LoF is it safe to consider as well that does not grant any cover either, but that the S2 need to be considered only when it comes to discover rolls made against it ?

6. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You do not need LoF to anything to place a Mine.

I’m not sure what you mean by granting cover, you can never claim cover from other troopers / equipment, only scenery.

Mines are indeed only S2 for discover purposes, once discovered, they become S0 for being shot. They are also considered S0 for triggering purposes.

Also, like QueensGambit said, you can move through a camo and shoot in your diagram. You can also do it if it’s a trooper instead of a Mine, as long as you move any amount more than the other trooper is peaking out. So that you can draw LoF to the enemy. This means that as long as the thing that was already out had cover, you can nearly always* have cover while doing this maneuver.

(*The only time you would not have cover is if the thing that was already peaking out was on the EXACT micron that sliced between 1/3 cover or less)

LZ35SRX and Alguaciles_Ortega like this.
  7. LZ35SRX

Oh....kay...
    Could I get a quote from the wiki on that? If this is true, our community has been playing Infinity very incorrectly...

8. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

It’s in the line of fire rules: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Line_of_Fire_(LoF)
    Unless otherwise indicated for specific purposes, Markers do not obstruct LoF.
    Edit: Holoecho markers have an “otherwise indicated” clause:
    • The Holoechoes are considered real troopers in regards to providing AROs, checking LoF, and activating enemy weapons or pieces of Equipment (Mines, E/Maulers, etc.), but since they act simultaneously, all three provide only one ARO to each enemy in LoF or ZoC.

9. Alguaciles_Ortega

Alguaciles_Ortega Active Member

My bad wording. I was mentioning the mine, in order to make clear which model I was talking about. The reference to the mine it was not intended in terms of placing it or anything.

That's something I frequently mess up due to the many years of 40k. My bad. I do usually need the time to rethink the whole concept and remember that in Infinity friendly models, obscure your LoF, at the best. Fine with the rest.

First of all thanks for the clear explanation. It is just the fact that walk over a marker ( equipment or not ) does it sound a bit strange, to me personally. I am glad to had that reconfirmed, before having to have this same situation in the middle of a game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation