1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity: Code One - Now with actual rules!

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

I think it's more like "O-12 Makes the cut by virtue of being one half of a 2-player starter."

I see a potential pattern emerging where Code 1 adds factions via 2-player starter sets.

Interesting times.

2. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

It's quite odd to put O12 in the starting rooster (probably makes sense from business perspective) other than the three biggest factions in the game, Nomads being one of the most
    popular in Infinity.

LankyOgreBP likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

This.

4. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

Yup - but too bad it couldn't include, say, coldfront, another 2 player starter that would add two more factions with basic troops.

LankyOgreBP and RolandTHTG like this.
  5. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

How long until we start actually seeing what Code One actually is instead of wallowing in the kind of news that was never going to be taken well.

LankyOgreBP and DukeofEarl like this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

"Corbus Belli have a huge ongoing problem with customer communication"
    - me, across 2018, 2019 and well into 2020, apparently

The customer base is still convinced C1 will be "N4 lite, for total newbs only". Then we get statements about it being "it's own product line", "a separate, new way to play Infinity", but then again we are told "but no ITS and organized play support for C1, lol".

Will there be models applicable to C1 only and not to N4 at all? Would I miss out on anything by not playing C1? Who knows.

Berjiz and LankyOgreBP like this.
  7. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Fine, while I can see the pattern CB are pursuing I think it's extremely restrictive to limit the available initial rosters to those factions that already accomplish the Code One requirements when there's a huge product line players can pick miniatures from and it would be easy to release rosters for Ariadna, Haqqislam, Nomads and Aleph factions while they await for their release in the Code One product line.

Many players don't like to be funneled into just buying specific products, specially if there's already a big sister product line that shares units with. Imho, Code One is already damaging itself by not allowing the flexibility to release/allow rosters for the other four main factions while they await for their Code One product line, as their unit miniatures already exist.

LankyOgreBP likes this.
  8. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

All CodeOne releases will be fully compatible with N4.

9. Nuada Airgetlam

Excellent news, please make it as broadly known as possible.

And if doable, I know you have time and personnel constraints, please reconsider ITS support for C1 further down the road :)

10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Today, I'm reading the forum and remind me a Alexandernevsky comic ... ^^

Capture-3.jpg

11. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

@Koni Take your time, making new rules and adapting existing features are not a easy job, even its a simpler version. With Defiance, Code One, N4, Aristeia! Coming over horizon it's a hard thing to develop everything. Such needs much calibrating and testing - and its a stressful one for a working employee.

Code one is another way for playing Infinity, and my people are ready to jump into it after it is ready; we can still play in code Infinity, watching and waiting for the progress. Nothing can be perfect from the beginning, so keep up the good work.

12. Wizardlizard

Wizardlizard Well-Known Member

I don't understand why we are all so hot one way or the other about this. Do most of us feel CB is not maximizing on the idea and release....yep. Would I not have all the armies from day one...nope I would have get you by lists so players can find what they like.
    There is going to be organized play just not its. So if you play a code 1 event it doesn't go towards your its rankings and likely will be a more - here are your 4 scenarios.
    I think I am getting it. Code 1 isn't about players at all really. It is a package that retailers can buy. Simple set of 10 to 12 skus aimed at new players and easy to support with activity. It really isn't for us at all.
    Cbs challenge is retailer presence and mind share even more than small pool of players and anemic new player trickle. So I hope this does work and grows the pool a lot more. As it stands, once my son graduates college I'll only be able to play at events or when I make a 3 hour drive or trip to meet him.

13. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

As a Tohaa player I just want to be able to play with my Faction in N4.
    All other priorities are rescinded.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

^ This. That signature is just so sad :(

Don't take my artichokes from me :(

Cothel, melkiach, ev0k and 2 others like this.
  15. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

This. I (and all Tohaa's community) would have preferred to know from the Staff if Tohaa vanilla faction will be playable in N4, and not only like Spiral Corps.

16. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath for an answer would be my advice.

Berjiz and the huanglong like this.
  17. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Carlos said on the last satellite video they are going to release new tohaa model. So I guess they will be playable in N4.

Btw, now I'm confused. We were told that code one will be a new way more simple, and fast to play infinity. The growing expectation here was that we would be able to play any major faction with existing models, even if some profils were to be merged or deleted.

Well things have been decides by CB staff. We will see how it turns out.

#277 Marduck, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Smiler and melkiach like this.
  18. Nuada Airgetlam

And that silence and uncertainty is the most bullshit way CB can treat a large and dedicated part of the community.

@Koni we should really know if you're dropping Tohaa as a vanilla faction in N4. We don't care about Spiral Corps as long as the vanilla-only units are dropped from Army.

There are rumors that Tohaa is getting new units in 2020, but no confirmation and no idea if they are Spiral only. We deserve to know if our collections are going the way of Exrah.

Especially after the cold shoulder of "2019, the year of Tohaa" we got from CB.

19. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I was a bit surprised at first at the announcement of 4 factions, but from a marketing standpoint it makes sense. Corvus Belli want to get product in stores, get new people hooked. A simple ruleset (with softback print edition) 4 starter boxes, maybe a couple of 'beyond' boxes for expansion for each army. That is 13 SKUs, all rolled into one stocking package, easy for a retailer to buy and shelve. Let the hype stew for 6 months to a year, and release 4 new army expansion set. Rinse an repeat. Code one players that get hooked, but want something deeper? There is shiny and complex N4 with ALL the options! I am no marketing guru, but it could work. Look at other wargames, most of them launched with 3-5 factions, and only built others as time went one. As others have said, us forum goers?, we were never the target audience for Code One.

My prediction: Code One Wave 2, Scum and Villainy. Ariadna, Nomads, JSA and . . . something else? Spiral Corps?

Berjiz, bona, Dragonstriker and 3 others like this.
  20. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Why woud CB need protective gear?
    Several international organizations have stated that this kind of virus is very weak ot the ambient conditions that boxes go through during shipping, there is no risk of contagion for receiving a box from China.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation