1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Sirius (looking for tactics)

Discussion in 'O-12' started by wildchevy, Jan 30, 2020.

1. wildchevy

wildchevy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I love the idea behind Team Sirius but I can't seem to make them work on table half of the time. I've never played PanO before so I'm not familiar with how to use Auxilias, which seems like a comparable units to TS.

What's your favorite loadout, tactics, and ways to use them?

2. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I always have two Team Sirius in my lists in the 30+ O12 games I have played so far. My favorite load outs are FO and Red Fury, but I also use the AHD occasionally. I also always use two Gangbusters (Combi and KHD profiles, so always coming with Madtraps) and sometimes also a Razor FO to create a relatively strong midfield presence. Depending on the opponent, the Madtraps and Siriusbots either are kept relatively well protected in deployment to later actively attack units where glue is crucial (HI, TAGs,...) or simply used as speed bumps. But honestly often it ends up being a mix of those tactics depending on what the table has to offer. For the Siriusbots, I just try to find a spot where they can not be attacked without placing their template in return. If I have the Bots in my active turn, they can be used to slingshot away from the controller to threaten far away units like Kamau snipers. In case a Cyberghost is in the list, the repeaters can also be used to lay down some white noise, enabling an easy kill of said Kamau sniper e.g. for the Sirius Red Fury with the ARO trick. The Red Fury in general seems to do well on midfield buildings, especially against opponents who didn't bring tools to remove prone models from rooftops. In active turn the attack range of her Bot plus her own is quite threatening and can dominate most of the table. Other than that, the FO is a more than solid objective grabber.

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Sirius Red Fury goes with Cyberghost HD+
    Epsilon HMG/MSR goes with Varangian Guards

Cyberghost/Varangian put White Noise*/Smoke on the mate that start to maul MSV/non-MSV enemies.
    Standard drill.

* Through SiriusBot repeater

xagroth and barakiel like this.
  4. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

Don't be afraid to suicide charge with the siriusbot. At 5pts it's a great way to clear suspect mines and because it has structure instead of wounds it has two stages of unconcious. As long as that model is still on the board the repeater is still active!

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Been having problems placing my Siriusbots on our tables so I've been looking at seriously scaling down my number of Sirius on the board. S4 are huge and they lack the threat range that Bulletteer, Rui Shi and Lu Duan have.
    Unconscious deactivates the Repeater because Repeaters are Automatic Equipment.

inane.imp and colbrook like this.
  6. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Definitely this. You can kill/force Prone a Kamau MSV2 in two orders using this approach, with no risk to any of your units.

7. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

Interesting. My meta has been playing that wrong for years then.

Edit: I don't see anything about that under automatic equipment. Do you know where you saw that rule? It's under unconcious, got it.

8. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Unless it's Kuang shi, because reasons.

9. Mahtamori

And that reason being that the rules for the piece of equipment in question specifies explicitly that it does not deactivate due to Unconscious state.

10. Ashtroboy

Ashtroboy Well-Known Member

how does this work?

11. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

MSVs can't see through White Noise zones.
    Cyberghost (HD+) activates White Noise placing the zone in ZoC of the SiriusBot (that is a Repeater).
    Then you have two choices.
    1) FtF your Sirius against Kamau, remembering that thanks to SSL2 the Kamau won't get the BS -6 for the ZVZ
    2) Move the SiriusBot OUT of the ZVZ, so the Kamau must shot it or dodge, then proceed to BS attack him.

12. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

That's a nasty workaround against SSL2 indeed. Team Sirius just made a few steps up my personal ladder.

13. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

just a question is the G:sync bot treated as a remote or light for purposes of hacking programs such as gadget and evo buffs?

gogo shock riotstopper!

14. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

It's a REM, yes, but remember that marksmanship doesn't apply to nonlethal ammunition.

Mahtamori and colbrook like this.
  15. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

oh well at least i can still use the b2 aro programs right?

RobertShepherd likes this.
  16. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

yes, they are a REM with a repeater so you can give them all B2 from an EVO.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  17. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Team Sirius is what NCA players wish the Locust was. Seriously, its an amazing midfield unit. Especally when combined with white noise for the above tactic to deal with linked MSV 2 snipers.

18. Mahtamori

I mean... you've already got the essential functionality in NCA with Armbots, it's Cyberghost equivalent you're missing. Locusts are functionally more like a Razor in role.

19. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I meant more that if we must have an infiltrator without a camo marker then Team Sirius is the kind of unit you want. The locust's lack of a marker state means it doesnt have the same role as a Razor. Marker state is just too damn useful especially with hidden deployment.

miguelbarbo84 likes this.
  20. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

so the tactic will be something like:

put white noise over the sirius bot
    kill any enemy MSV2
    throw smoke with varagnian
    kill everything else with epsilon

I'm right?

Tourniquet and xammy like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation