1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kanren + Húláng in Vanilla

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Knauf, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

So I've recently played around with this idea to give two of my lesser used models a go:

Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3
    HÚLÁNG (Fireteam: Duo) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, E/M Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 44)
    KǍNRÈN Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, MadTraps / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 28)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

0 SWC | 80 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Both deploy in proximity to each other in the midfield, close to an objective/choke point the opponent will have to access. When he does, MadTraps glue things in place, then both units in the active turn go into CC for the extra Burst on those Monofilament weapons. Baggage bot then fills up the Mad Traps.

Do you think it's workable?

#1 Knauf, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Sounds like wishful thinking tbh. I don’t think you’ll pull anything off with what you’re planning, as any opponent will aim to detonate your perimeter weapons with disposable units.
    The purpose of mad traps is to waste orders, not hope that you’ll catch a TAG or something with them.

ObviousGray and Knauf like this.
  3. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Oh, you just gave me the idea to mimic a Hulang with the KHD Kanren to catch AHD troopers. They both deploy in the middle of the table and in ISS, there is nothing that a Kanren can mimic if deployed outside the DZ.

Knauf and Ayaxs like this.
  4. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

If I'm right, you can still mimic your Kanren as another Kanren but with another profile, and benefit from the surprise effect when he's revealed, like pretending he's a AHD while he is in fact a KHD (like you intend to do with the Hulang).

#4 Tibooper, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Mahtamori likes this.
  5. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

Ive done that, it works, even against other KHD that move-move thinking themselves safe (like gangbusters)

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

But combining holo 1 and 2, only works in the first turn and if going second doesn't it? If anything I'd put a KHD Kanren in holo 1 as a Hulang to lure a hacker. But also only vs. specific armies of course.

On the Baggage bot, Assuming you are deploying FD2, I too don't think refilling Madtraps on guys so far up is a good idea. It takes an order or two for the bot to get to them, and then and order to refill, and the madtraps start in base to base with the Kanren, so another order to move them to where you want them.

I will say this worked great when defending things in or near my DZ, like Capture and Protect. And that was using a Zhanying with Madtraps. But that too was order intensive. One order to set the Madtraps on stand by. Then order to refill. Then order to move the madtraps again (started the game with Zhanying in b2b with the bot). And all can be for naught if one Yuan Yuan is sacrificed by landing close to all of them.

Knauf likes this.
  7. REND

REND Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit too much investment for a specific return but I have come to enjoy both of those models in lists for their own merits. The Kanren in particular (mad traps aside) for their ability to help disguise the rest of my list and/or encourage my opponent to imagine a threat that isn't there. You can't optimise use of all the Kanren's abilities when you do this but making your opponent thing that there's a Hsien HMG waiting to rambo up the field can be a useful tool. Not least for hiding where your points are spent and thus making them falsely assume how your points are accounted for.

It's a fine line to traverse and gets more value in casual games against familiar opponents than competitive ones but makes for some fun moments.

I'm quite fond of the Hulang, it's versatile and whilst not amazing, decent enough to get jobs done and has been good data-tracker for me. It's a very solid suppressive fire piece and although not as mobile or tough as I'd like FD2 means that I usually can put it in a good enough position to have been worth the effort.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation