1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fielding several II Grunts - your experience

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Fabrizio3k, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Fabrizio3k

Fabrizio3k Member

I would like to hear some anecdotes regarding having 4+ infiltrating Grunts in a list. What is your experience? What are some good units that synergize with them? What do you do with the ones failing the Infiltration roll?

2. RasPuto

RasPuto Well-Known Member

I've played 3 or 4 before the update, in a list involving a 4 Snipers FT (so I can clear every big ARO). They need more infiltrating friends, like a Fox and a couple of Hardcases, or something extra to wreak havoc, like Devil Dogs or a paratrooper.
    Anyway, they're good no matter what, at least a couple of them (more means less SWC in the rest of your list but a safer landing for them). The ones that fail the roll end up in my DZ, prone, to cover narrow lines. Do you want to go up a ladder and kill my LT? Eat this flamethrower.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

If I take them, I go 3-4. If a couple land, your opponent will make some poor deployment decisions and open paths for Van Zant.

RasPuto likes this.
  4. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

I regularly bring 2 in Vanilla and I’ve stacked 4 in US. My big concern with even going that many though, is the SWC hit. With some of the other recent changes to US though, it might be more doable. Even with 2, one usually lands (I get lucky) and it can be a serious roadblock.
    For the ones that fail, they usually cover approaches to the LT and/or board edges that AD might walk on. The flamethrower is discouraging to just about anybody.
    As said above, they can really help clear a lane for Van Zant, or even just an airborne ranger if you are on a budget. They can also take pressure off of your foxtrots or hardcases because your opponent has to deal with them before discovering camo.
    Really, they work with anything. It’s more about the placement than specific profile synergy.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I've tried playing 4+ infiltrators plenty. Sadly I think it's like doubling down on a bad hand. If you land a few then it's awesome, but I've had plenty of games where 0/4 make the roll, and now I've spent 44/2 on heavy flamethrowers and shotguns in my backfield.

I generally take 1-2, they're hilarious to reserve.l and can make opponents sweat bullets.

6. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

If the one held in reserve lands it can be absolutely game changing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation