1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning to game - feedback on an IA list please

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Bassie, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Bassie

Bassie Member

Good afternoon,

My last game of Infinity was about 2y ago.

I have a gentle re-introduction planned with a 200pt frontline mission with a very experienced player.

I previously played ISS but am looking forward to the lower model count of IA.

Idea behind the list is there are two three man link team (core of zhanshi, Haris of zuyong).
    The zhanshi are partly an ARO, also an order battery.

It is easy for me to fall upon the remitted as they are what I used in ISS, although I'll miss the smoke and hacking buffs on the Rui Shi.

I'm sad I couldn't fit in the hac Tao. He is on my painting table.

Feedback most welcome!

I'm limited

IA 200──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27) ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34) RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20) HÙSÒNG Yaókòng HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25) HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26) ZHANSHI MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 19) ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12) ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11) WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3) LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21) 4 SWC | 198 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

2. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

I'd say keep it simple and leverage the sectorial's strengths:
    - camo state Lt L2
    - NCO on a heavy gun platform
    - TacAwareness HI

Best way to do that is with the Tai Sheng/ Zuyong TA/Haidao KHD Haris, making sure either the Zuyong has an HMG or Tai has a Mk12. That gives you the bonus of two button pushers and you won't go LoL if it gets destroyed.

If that constrains you too much on points then the Mowang NCO is amazing. Back it up with a full defensive core of Zhanshi with a Haidao MSR, and a Zhencha SMG in suppressive fire for midfield control and you're doing alright.

Depends what you're used to as you've noted, and it's limited on models for actual Frontline board control, but they're pretty durable models.

Willen, Stuffist and Mahtamori like this.
  3. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

200 pts is an odd tier for IA, which feels quite limited in composition. That's a range for lists with LI cores and a moderated use of warbands, a heavy hitter and probably a single MSV2. So you can expect lots of smoke unless your opponent's army doesn't have access to that tool.

As already commented by other forumites, reason to go for IA is to make use of their main three order generating mechanics. Tac Awareness is for Zuyongs, in which case even the most basic haris is quite expensive for 200 pts. So I would go for the NCO route with a full core.

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

4 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

There's not much worth of healing in this list, therefore I choose the mech engineer so that he can repair the Rui Shi and unglue/recover from E/M the Mowang. The Mowang in that range of points is quite a miniTAG. With this list you still get a hacker to buff the Rui Shi or enhance Mowang's infowar defense or just use Lt2 for extra orders to feed the Mowang with. You still get a full core to support a HaiDao sniper which in this range of points should be quite solid and a warcor to annoy opponent with. If needed you can swap the warcor with a YaoZao.

In the case you still want to opt for using Zuyong links I would start with the following base template:

Invincible Army

[​IMG]6
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

2.5 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

150 pts with 6 units that generate a total of 10 orders, which is quite impressive. And then complete the resting 50 pts with any combination of REM units of your choice.

For example:

Invincible Army

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

1.5 SWC | 49 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This combination would allow you to even start with a full core bonus of "Zuyong link", which supposes a fearsome firepower at 200 pts. And still gets a few tools to try to defend your zone. Later you can detach the haris to be more aggressive.

Or the next configuration:

Invincible Army

[​IMG]3
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)

1 SWC | 49 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Gives you the so needed MSV2 so that you feel more comfortable while providing a few useful tools. Also you can attach the pango for a 4 man core so that you get the 6S lvl 2 bonus if you start second. You can also swap the Rui Shi with a Lu Duan if you prefer, whichever you choose their role is to help cleaning the midfield from nasty surprises.

As you can see building IA lists at 200 is a complicated exercise due to the numerous limitations of the sectorial and quite depending on a heavy use of REMs as they are the only support units with low/middle costing in an army where any other unit that can support your links is an expensive HI.

#3 Janzerker, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    zapp, Foxep and darthchapswag like this.
  4. Bassie

Bassie Member

Thankyou both for your very insightful responses. They have helped a great deal!

5. Bassie

Bassie Member

I was limited by My available models - not enough (built) HI to reasonably proxy the zuyong HI Haris builds.

So I've gone the Mowang NCO route supported by a core team.
    I included the Shang Ji as a back up for my Mowang, and because multi rifles have served my Hsien well when I played ISS.
    I'm excited to see how the Son Bae in a link team will perform.

My list, of you are curious:

VS Ben 200──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]8 [​IMG]1 DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29) MÓWÁNG (NCO) Spitfire, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54) SHÀNG JÍ MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 40) PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13) SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17) ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11) ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11) LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21) WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3) 4 SWC | 199 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

6. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Let me know how it goes.
    The Shang Ji has a decidedly unsavory reputation atm so I'm intrigued to see how he works out, especially without that MSV2 for the fireteam ARO.

That said, the Son-Bae inclusion to the fireteam is one of my favourites. Get Assisted Fire on that bad boy and ruin your opponents day.

Good luck with your game!

7. Bassie

Bassie Member

The game I had was very successful in that it reinvigorated my love for the game, and the 200pt level.
    I have since played two more games.

In this game, I was wiped out, but had a fun game nonetheless. I made the errors one makes when returning to the game - had zhanshi exposed, have up first turn when I should have used it etc.

That said, the shanji with the extra burst from the core team (3man by my first turn) probably killed more than anything else, and having a threat other than the Mowang was important.

Sadly a TO Camo sniper dealt with my son-bae in the first order of the game.

I'm back on today, looking at this thread, because I've enjoyed the 200pt game size (quicker, more decisive) and will have regular games lined up.

Azuset likes this.
  8. Mics152

Mics152 Member

Invincible Army ShengWang200

Group #1 | 6 Models | 6 0 0

Dāoyīng Hacker Lieutenant | Lieutenant L2, Hacking Device, Boarding Shotgun, Breaker Pistol / Knife (29)
    Mówáng Red Fury NCO | NCO, Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone, Heavy Pistol / Knife (52)
    Pangguling FTO | Repeater, Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse (13)
    Tai Sheng Mk12 | Mk12, Chain-Colt, Stun Grenades, Heavy Pistol / Knife (45)
    Zúyong Haris Deflector | Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness, TinBot B (Deflector L2), Combi Rifle, Breaker Pistol (2) / Knife (34)
    Hǎidào Killer Hacker | Killer Hacking Device, Boarding Shotgun, Breaker Pistol / Knife (26)

Played this the other in a impromptu infinity day at my lfgs and was shocked at hiw well it actually did with only 6 bodies... 9 orders mind you. The Sheng Haris link is superb, made good use of stun grenades to take things out on the way to a rear attack whilst the mowang glued thing down and survived so much gun fire it was ridiculous! Only taken out by a very brave hellcat with a flamethrower.

Azuset likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation