1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We are missing a YuJing Vanilla Tactic's

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zerooness, May 15, 2019.

1. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

just what the title says. I know its a lot of work and very time consuming.

2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

There were plans for it once before IAs release and after the Uprising, but the idea got dropped because:
    1. Post-Uprising Vanilla felt like a rather leaky or "unfinished" faction.
    2. The impending IA release prompted waiting a while longer to make it, since they could have brought some really planet cracking changes.

Nobody's picked it up after though.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Plus, we're still trying to figure out how to use some of the stuff in IA.

Tibooper and Maksimas like this.
  4. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

And I have a hunch our vanilla playerbase is on the smaller side of vanilla playerbases, so maybe a smaller sample size as well.

Section9 likes this.
  5. Cpt. Jax

Cpt. Jax Member

What about now? :D

6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Wait until after White Banner comes out in April. The new units will likely change vanilla YJ a lot.

7. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

And then wait for N4 which would most probably render many current strategies useless.

csjarrat and Savnock like this.
  8. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I don't have time to write a full tactica, but I'd be happy to speak to my experiences with vanilla YJ over the last six months if anyone new to the faction wanted some pointers to tide them over until N4. YJ has been showing strong in our local community during that time, including an interstate day trip where myself and the other YJ player I play with locally took sixty OP between us over three rounds.

Space Ranger and Cpt. Jax like this.
  9. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Please do tell. What is your general approach when building a list? Any underdog profiles that stood out to you?

10. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there are Vanilla Yu Jing tactics, rather you can squeeze just about every tactic in the infinity meta into one list and still have a with a turbo high order count and multiple redundancies. The only tactic that isn't really open to vanilla Yu Jing are link team tactics for obvious reasons.

Take a Daoying hacker LT. Add a Mowang red fury for it to power via NCO, and a Rui shi for it to power via supportware. Add a CG KSCD to smoke for the rui shi, and enable you to enroll 4 kuang shi for orders and layered defence. Add 1-2 Husongs for ARO defense. Then do whatever you want / the mission needs but 4 shaolin, a liberto minelayer and maybe guilang FOs and/or ninja KHD are probably going to be a part of it.

This list will probably win you more than half your games regardless of terrain or matchup.

ObviousGray likes this.
  11. RobertShepherd

The list below is pretty much the gold standard list for me, but it's very possible to flex out the Su Jian for a pair of Husong Yaokong TR HMGs if you need longer ranged firepower, or Guilang Skirmishers if the scenario calls for more midfield presence, or basically any number of things based on what you personally like to play.

In general, the presence of 5pt shaolin monks and 5pt kuang shi plus a full spectrum of all the usual tools needed to play the game gives Yu Jing pretty much unprecedented freedom to indulge in luxury pieces when you want them, so there are very few profiles that are true 'underdogs' simply because you could slot anything into that overall package and it would be well insulated from failure.

Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]6
    SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 3[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

barakiel, Savnock, Cpt. Jax and 3 others like this.
  12. the huanglong

It's pretty unanimously "don't", with the exception of Daoying hacker LT2 and Mowang NCO red fury, which are "always".

Kek.

13. RobertShepherd

Jinx. I owe you a coke.

the huanglong likes this.
  14. the huanglong

I hope by the time N4 rolls around LIbertos aren't a quintessential Yu Jing skirmisher. The fact that they turn up all the time despite overpaying on SWC for minelayer shows how badly they underpay on points.

15. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Wait. Are we? I thought we just dont use that stuff. Hahaha

16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find a way to use it, on the off chance that I'm totally missing something important.

17. the huanglong

See

18. RobertShepherd

In terms of other IA profiles, I think the sniper Daoying has some possible play, but as part of a specific list (it'd want no remotes in need of supportware, and probably have a lot of camo markers), and the Liu Xing is a model that you don't necessarily want to take often but which is good to play from time to time just to remind people it exists and put the fear into them (a bit like the YJ equivalent of a noctifier, right down to how endlessly disappointing it is when it whiffs a roll needing a 15).

Proletarian also made an excellent case for the Haidao engineer as a robust datatracker in some missions, like Frostbyte and Countermeasures. The Haidao sniper is also a circumstantial inclusion in vanilla just because sometimes your local meta will do things that need an MSV sniper to keep honest. Like for example, play the exact YJ list I posted above until everyone is sick of it.

Section9, barakiel, Savnock and 2 others like this.
  19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I use that profile on the occasion. Doesn't need alot of camo markers or anything particularly special. Useful if you're finding your lists frequently have several 24" or less attack pieces and you're having issues picking off things like defensive remotes, spending the LT orders in the early game to eliminate Warcors, TR bots, Flash pulse bots etc is valuable just don't get greedy and try to shoot a defensive link team with it. Also a targeted pick on missions where you need to defend a public info LT as it brings its own mines+minelayer with the camo state.

20. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

MSR Haidao finds itself very often punching well above its weight for me in vanilla. He's easier to fit into most lists than a Hsien, and disappoints me far less than a Rui Shi.

FO Zhencha is also an alright sidegrade to the Guilang. Sure, he's just a worse version of Dart with more vulnerabilities, but that's still not a bad place to be, Dart is stupidly over-optimized for this game. No resistance to shock is an absolute insult from CB, but he can still do work. The added bulk is also useful for missions requiring a Liason Officer.

My final verdict on Lei Gong still needs development, but I'm very optimistic. His biggest problem is that he competes with a lot for room.

But outside of that and the previously mentioned Hacker Lt2 Daoying and Mowang... yeah, just leave the rest of the IA to rot outside.

Sedral and the huanglong like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation