1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ammunition options

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Rift, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rift

Rift Member

Righto another question,

Played a friendly event and this came up...

I fielded Ko dali with her multi rifle that has the AP/shock (in same line in army) option as ammo choice

Upon declaring this choice my opponent told me i have to choose one or the other

I pointed out the Bit and kiss has a sub machine gun and in army ap and shock is each a choice listed in their own line

....so does ko dalis multi rifle sport both these ammo types in a single shot or must i choose one or the other?

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

One or the other at B3.
    Or you can use DA or Stun at B1.

ijw likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

What tox said, but the definitive answer is in the Light MULTI weapon trait:

Light MULTI. (Human Sphere N3) This is a multipurpose weapon capable of using different types of Light Special Ammunition. This enhanced rule replaces the version previously shown in Infinity N3. Light MULTI weapons have 3 Fire Modes:
    • Burst Mode. AP OR Shock Special Ammunition. The shooter chooses which of these types of Ammunition to use. The whole Burst must use the same type of Ammunition. This Mode allows the use of the Suppression Fire Trait.
    Also, to use both it would have to be listed as AP+Shock, not AP/Shock.

4. Rift

Rift Member

Cool thank you
    That was the way it got ruled

5. Rift

Rift Member

Just to follow up...
    Is there a reason that in army a multi rifles ammo is displayed as AP/Shock and a sub machine gun has the same ammo types presented on 2 different lines?

Seems a bit confusing...

6. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Has to do with the way the weapon firing types are organized. The light multi has 3 options where one of those options, called burst, has 2 sub options. The SMG, has 2 main options. That the two firing options the SMG has happen to be the same as the sub options of one of the multi's 3 options is happenstance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation