1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSV3 and Special Maneuver: Discover + BS Attack

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Florian Hanke, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florian Hanke

Florian Hanke Does not know how to stop building terrain.

Hi all,

I'll be trying an Aquila Guard in a game for the first time soon and I was wondering if I have the following two points correct:

1) When in the active turn the Guard is declaring a Discover against a (TO) Camo marker, followed by a BS Attack, the WIP roll for the Discover always succeeds, and it can always roll a BS attack against anything.

I assume the above to be true, since, if the target of the Discover does not reveal:
    "3. If the target did not reveal itself, then the Active Player may still declare a BS Attack. However, he must make his Discover Roll, and only if it is successful may he roll his BS Attack. If the Active Player fails that Discover Roll, the declared BS Attack is canceled and null." (from http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Discover)
    and
    "The user of this piece of Equipment automatically passes all WIP Rolls to Discover an enemy with any level of the Special Skill Camouflage and Hiding (CH)." (from http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Multispectral_Visor#MULTISPECTRAL_VISOR_LEVEL_3)

2) What about mines? It says "passes all WIP Rolls to Discover an enemy with any level of the Special Skill Camouflage and Hiding (CH)." – mines technically do not have the Special Skill CH, but "the user places a Camouflage Marker (CAMO) on the game table to represent the camouflaged Mine" and "Replace the Camouflage Marker with a Mine Marker (MINE) when it is Discovered by an enemy."

Here I assume I am reading too much into how the rule is written. I assume the spirit of the rule is that the bearer of the MSV3 still passes all WIP rolls, even though technically the mine does not have the skill. But maybe one of you knows a ruling? (It's hard to search for msv l3 on this forum, since they are too short to be indexed/searchable)

Thanks in advance! :)

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You are correct about #1.

MSV (any level) provides its full benefits against camo markers that aren't troopers (such as mines, decoys, etc).

Florian Hanke likes this.
  3. Florian Hanke

Florian Hanke Does not know how to stop building terrain.

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation