1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rule loophole spotted for tightarses and metal miniature lovers

Discussion in 'Rules' started by prophet of doom, Feb 5, 2020.

1. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

I just realised that the AGL rules are pretty strict on using CB cards and models, but they do not specify which language of the card is used.

As you may be aware of, the single metal models with the fancy skin versions don't come with tactics cards. I do understand that CB does not want to press another 16 cards into the blister, but I also don't feel like buying the plastic set when I already have the mini I want in metal. (and paid dearly for it.)

so I realised that I can just use the Spanish cards. I can get them from my gaming buddies who have bought the plastic expansion sets. The cards are super official, written in the original language and most people will understand what is written on the card, I guess.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yes.

We have a Spanish speaker in our group, he uses the English cards most of the time but I certainly wouldn't object to him using the Spanish ones.

As long as you speak the language matching your cards at least well enough to actually read the rules off them to me in English then I'm not going to have an issue with it at all.

But if you expect me to have memorized the rules for all 32 Aristos then I say to you ...

NOT

YET

3. prophet of doom

no of course you don' t need to have all the cards memorised. You just need to believe me when I tell you what the card says. More often than not, the text is rather simple anyway.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. prophet of doom

the point is rather that no one can successfully object to that because language is not mentioned in the AGL rules.

5. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Good spot!

If i were the TO, I'd say that it's still the onus of the person playing the alternate language cards to have copies of the main language cards.

You could print these from the aristeiathegame website

Whilst not strictly breaking the rules, no one wants to risk losing friends over a game

prophet of doom likes this.
  6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

That's a good point. We'll review AGL rules.

Thx!

Ealthril likes this.
  7. prophet of doom

Aarrgh! You will fix my loophole!

Makes sense, though. One should not bother the opponent with difficulties during the game to suit one s own comfort

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. JAGS

JAGS Member

Happens to me too, not with metal figs, but with Tactic decks. I speak spanish, but my core game is in english, so I add all my character cards in english, but now i can't find the tactic decks here in english, just spanish... so I'll have to have a multilingual deck now :(

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation