1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time skip consequences...

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Are we sure it’s the YJ starter box going OOP or just the Red Veil in General? It doesn’t make sense for that perfectly fine box to go OOP.

I have enough Zhanshi! I've got 3 generations of Zhanshi!

2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Hopefully @SKOZZOKONZ is right, because having the old op boxes split into full army boxes inc the beyond half makes some sense. It breaks even on skus at least.

But this is one of the times CB could really stand to have a better approach to the rumour mills.

Mahtamori likes this.
  3. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

He's probs getting confused with Saladin.

4. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Also I wonder how asteroid blues will factor into the timeskip. A big deal or a footnote...

5. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Probably a foot note. The most pivotal thing that happened was ALEPH lost a site to the CA, iirc.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I dunno about the Hsien, they're primarily the Emperor's personal guards (and agents of his curiosity). The Kanren really screwed the pooch, and at least PsychoCrane actively made the situation worse. Pheasants? none really mentioned.

Psychocrane actively made the situation worse, so even if the Cranes in general stay, he needs to have his head mounted on a pike as a warning to the next 10 generations that some actions are beyond the pale of the Imperial Service and his Cube destroyed.

See also Yuandun division.

Yup!

7. Space Ranger

I can see Hsien accepting the responsibility of their subordinates. They are supposed but be Judge-Jury-Executioners. In their type of hierarchy what those under you do, is also your responsibility. More so than in the west. Of course they then all need to see something as bad too.

8. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

From what I understand all the faction starter boxes are going OOP and coming back as Code1

csjarrat, Del S and Mahtamori like this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Good point.

10. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Vale, Bao!

I think Yu Jing reached peak aesthetic design around the early CAD phase. Too bad the scale ended up way too small and their value for points on the table was so poor.

[​IMG]

R.I.P.​

11. SpectralOwl

It is worth noting, however, that they are primarily the Emperor's bodyguards and personal agents, and he remains notably alive during and after the Uprising. This despite becoming the number one target of dozens of Ninja clans and quite possibly other agencies working for foreign powers, in a setting where the aggressor has a very pronounced advantage. It's quite the achievement that the Forbidden City has remained essentially airtight in the lore, on par with sites like the Hexahedron and the ALEPH Well. It is more likely that the Cranes in charge, who bear almost equal power under their warrants (I believe the only real difference is that Hsien Warriors are deployed under the Emperor's direct orders, so obstructing one is a bad idea) and for whom protecting national interests is their one and only job, would be punished for the events of the Uprising.

12. Space Ranger

Ok i'll give Hsien however, a huge and bad event occurred on this Emperors watch. Change would happen even if he held onto power.

13. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

To be honest, I'm sad as well because the baos are the sculpt that got me into the game. Cool sculpts, cool theme, it was love at first sight. Then I started playing, and they slowly but surely fade away from my lists as I couldn't get them to perform well enough for my taste, but I never really forgot them and just hoped one day CB would give them the love they deserve.

Farewell, Bao troops! The State-Empire thanks you for your service, despite being a pain in the ass for your assigned pheasants agents!

[​IMG]

#33 Sedral, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    AdmiralJCJF, csjarrat, Knauf and 3 others like this.
  14. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

After the time skip they are too busy checking temperatures to fight.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  15. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

soo this "line HI troop" is an "Elite" of chosen wariors with special training (in other words... improved CC skills)

I'm not against the idea of an elite HI to support invincibles... but some changes need to happen before it becomes true. First their troop category needs to change from line troop to elite so they can make clasifieds (that's free for all of ya!), and second and more important, some changes or new profiles are required to illustrate that shangji are there to cover the holes in the zuyong Armour and provide some utility for them.

But I wonder, if they're willing to make deep changes. Even new units like tankos or ryuken are close enough to haramakis and raiden

Mahtamori likes this.
  16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Most of the stuff we've been floating on these forums are about as deep as Haramaki change where they got a Mono CCW, lost a significant amount of CC prowess, dropped from Extreme to normal Impetuous and got a more even and to the point weapon load.
    Take the suggestion to make Shang-Ji infowar troops that basically gets a bit extra WIP and an array of hacking - not very outlandish.
    Or the one where they get shifted upwards to be almost as good at melee as Haramaki - this is about the CC prowess that Haramaki lost.
    Or the one where they shift towards being elite troopers with stats more similar to Tai Sheng - the degree of shifts here doesn't even come close to what Riot Grrls received

I'm hoping CB will get even more creative, and that the decent average stats that IA exhibited won't put them off addressing the sectorial's weaker units and raising the skill ceiling, not to mention that it seems roughly half of IA's profiles and units could be cut because they're used so seldom, and IA is very small for a non-Ariadna sectorial to begin with.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You and me both, when I was looking to get into Infinity I looked through most of the factions miniatures catalogue, and then I saw this very same Promo art, looked into ISS and found love at first sight.

The Bao were among my first Purchase ever, and I loved them along with the pheasant agents, I’d rather have the Mercenaries Axed from ISS than losing these guys.

Now...I’m gonna get real for a sec here, I don’t give two turds in a Ham Sandwich for “units gone because they died in-game”.

From a gameplay perspective that’s just retarded, same reason I never got into Mortal Kombat (and boy I dodged a bullet on that one) axing troops and sculpts because it absolutely happened in someone’s brain is absolutely retarded.

I’d settle for their stay on the fluff if their troops and profiles get axed.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I doubt they're going away any more than Shang-Ji. More likely the old sculpts are old and have the wrong weapons.

19. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Losing the shotguns on the combi rifles wouldn't be a loss. 22/21 points in current metrics.

A plain light shotgun and contender or, dare I suggest it, shall I whisper it, a submachine gun would be nice...

#39 Del S, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    the huanglong likes this.
  20. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Personally I always loved the concept of Bao troops: cyberpunk psycho SWAT units with spectral visors; what's not to love? Unfortunately their implementation into the game was awful and nowadays mixed links added hurt to the injury. Also their miniatures were the first models Javier Ureña did for Infinity, and while renders looked quite decent it seems he didn't keep in mind the contraction metal suffers during cast. As a consequence of this Bao heads turned into some kind out of scale crushed skulls, which is a pity.

Now, if the unit will be lost in N4 despite it will hurt a bit to some of us I don't think we will cry them. But if the unit could be completely redesigned so that they became some kind of CQB unit similar to Bolts it would be great.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation