1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Whirlwind" VS "Saved by the bell"

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Kilroy, Jan 13, 2020.

1. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Errata becomes messy. Though, honestly, there really aren't too many good options for rewording cards. in the end, we want our cards to be the ultimate reference point whilst the FAQ clarifies common questions.

SW: X-Wing went through the same issue prior to goign to 2.0. It was a mess. I'd suggest finding a good way to provide revised cards to players. Perhaps with a fancy skin or two!

2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Ok, fair enough.

I don't know that it's clear, but I certainly understand.

It's definitely and area which can use a review, one way or the other.

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

It's difficult to keep ruling and wording while creating new ones, you know. Now that we have 32 Chars, 3 HexaDomes, 2 more General Tactics decks and two-year feedback from players and events, the time is coming to stay, gather all that information and review.

The best way to get the players' stuff updated? I don't know. Is there one? Not an easy question for us. But we keep thinking about it as we keep doin' our best for our players.

:wink:

4. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Fair point re keeping ruling and creating new ones. It's certainly an iterative process

Your efforts are appreciated

AdmiralJCJF and -V- like this.
  5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Thank you all. We think this community deserves them.

Croepoek, AdmiralJCJF and rag1n like this.
  6. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Off-topic, but I know some of the Aristeia community got a bit spooked, seeing the upcoming release timeline with no Aristeia expansions and a big N at GenCON (presumably another new game which would split attention and capacity at CB HQ further).

So it's good to have reassurance that Aristeia is just paused for feedback (and 32 Aristos is a very good time to do so, I admit), rather than anything more permanent.

Aristeia has reached people who would never play Infinity, Defiance will too (I expect). We appreciate the effort you take to develop and maintain these additional properties, keep up the good work. :hugging_face:

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

32 chars is an excellent number to take a breath, don't you think? It's more than 35,900 different teams. We're studying which could be the next step. Meanwhile, skins will keep on being released, and there'll be a fourth season of AGL with a new AGL Tournament pack (starred by a different char).

It's true that Defiance is very important for us (the A! Team is still working on it), but we are not forgetting our beloved Aristeia! community. But, there are many things to consider, to wonder and to decide. We are not as big as FFG or GW, for better or for worse (I think for better).

Thank you for your concern.

8. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

@-V- I am with you considering a pause. So far you announced some things to be released for Aristeia this year and more characters could take a break then. There is so much to explore at the moment and during the next months multiplayer as well as focusing on FAQs, skins, hexadomes, cooperations with boardgame Youtubers and other stuff would be a nice thing to get more people into the game, fix some things and maybe, in one or two years (to prevent loosing players) go on with more characters etc.

Ealthril and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  9. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

That's the idea. :blush:

HarlequinOfDeath and CAnon like this.
  10. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Multi player this year? Great news... :8:

We are thinking here about doing some videos in French to grow up our community. This game deserves it :3::3:

11. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

And we're usually wondering what's happening at France. Aristeia! was reprinted because the stock ran out but it seems French people are playing at home rather than AGL.

:thinking_face:

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

That is something I think as well for the German community. How are sales going in Germany?

13. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Lesser than France, but I don't have the numbers.

14. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It's as you said. But I'm trying to gather people from different areas to play it competitively with AGL by proposing tournaments on a regular basis.
    We are many to try to do so in different areas of France.

The idea behind the French Aristeia Tournament in Paris was to gather the whole French community with the international one to put this game up and independantly from Infinity. Unfortunately we had to postpone it due to the lack of pre-registrations (and the need to book the hotel with a minimum amount of money...). But we're still fighting lol. This should be postponed at the end of this year.

Don't hesitate to pm me on that topic.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  15. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Oh, that event looks pretty cool. I'm sure you're making awesome.

16. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

So while Axl isn't the target of the Action so can't play Saved by the! ell, he is the target of the Effect/Switch?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation