1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to assemble Tai Sheng

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There's this thing I've noticed with CB's 3-point assembly (Gun arm with both hands, torso, supporting arm) and that's put very simply; it's utter garbage.

Tai Sheng takes the price, though. There's more than a full millimeter between the left arm and the hand on the gun when you put both shoulders snug against the torso piece.

The problem is, who ever is making CB's Yu Jing miniatures seem to love this design and it doesn't hold a candle to the Line Kazak HMG I just assembled using a different 3-point system where the left arm also had a piece of the left torso which makes the unassembled torso have a huge angular cut by the left shoulder. By contrast, Tai Sheng has a full torso and the left and right arms have been detached cleanly by the shoulder, leaving all of the torso's details intact - and it sucks.

Does anyone have a solution to this other than bending the gun 20° or using greenstuff to repair the right shoulder? Anyone else had problems with their model?

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I found it frustratingly difficult too, I acquired one for a Dashat conversion. Added green stuff in the end

3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I had no big trouble with her. I vague remember that the I had a little problem, but it fits without GS or bending. But I remember that I had a similar problem with Wu Ming HMG.

But: For me the new bases are very annoying. I use 3mm thick 5mm magnets for the bases and now, that the have the cross slots, there is no room in the depth for the magnets. So I have to use carve in the hole for it or one of the three corners. I use a elektric dremel but it is very time consuming.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well, 3mm is the height of the bases, so that won't work. There is a socket for 1mm thick 5mm diameter magnets, just like in the old ones, but located more to the side.

5. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Its actualy 2mm ... anyway the base provided not enough depth - except the base from Ms. Tai :wink:

6. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

I went to my local shop to buy the Hulang and the Beyond Wildfire and found out the owner had Sheng and, remembering this tread, I decided to buy her... ...I thought you were joking when you said there were some space between arm and hand, but you were not...

Fixed by filing a little of her right boob and then bending slightly the rifle-arm at the elbow. Then, I bend the left arm outward (always at the elbow) to compensate and it went perfectly.

I had this problem also with the Thorakitai(feuerbach, hmg and combi), Nox and Kappa (I actually rendered the female advancing unpaintable trying to fix her, a little too much pressure), so...

7. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Can confirm this problem with Tai Sheng too. I've ended up using a bit of paperclip wire and pin vise drill to pin the connections where trooper wrists join up like this, which seems to help a little bit, but it's a problem I keep running into across a lot of the minis I've picked up that feature this kind of pose. I really preferred, for example, the female Zuyong models that feature the head, arms, and shoulders as one piece that glues down across the top of the torso.

The number of really miniscule joins involved in this line of miniatures has been eye-opening about how fiddly you can get with a multi-piece model at this scale. (My past miniature experience has mostly been BattleTech, Dropzone Commander, and assorted RPG minis.)

Mahtamori likes this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The best answer is to add some GS in the shoulders so that the hand meets the wrist.

I'm usually lazy and just bend arms. Arms, not the gun. Yes it's a pain in the ass, but my GS-fu is very, very weak.

9. Thandar

Thandar Dedicated Aconteccan Supremacist

I did assembled Ms. Tai yesterday and I could confirm that the gap is huge. Possible solution might also be grinding down her breast a bit (I think one milimeter would be enough, and just on the right spot), but I didn't dare to trust my skills enough do that. Now I have to find some putty to fix the shoulder.

Fuck it, I did that. It was less then a milimeter, and she looks quite well now. Still there is a little gap on her shoulder, but it's so small that I'll probably let it be. No matter that, I felt like a traitor of the Empire when I grind through her right breast.

#9 Thandar, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  10. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

That's something a JSA supporter would do. Your local Zhanying agent will show you how to improve your level of loyalty to the State Empire.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation