1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting away from Fiddler's jackbots

Discussion in 'Rules' started by prophet of doom, Jan 28, 2020.

1. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

I had a game yesterday against Fiddler. I don't own the Masters of Puppets so don't have their rule cards. I can t find their rules online. What struck me during the game was how effective the jackbots were in blocking my way. My opponent placed them next to my models and I had a hard time getting away from them. Now I realise that they don't have their own brawn value. Does that mean that I need to roll a star to get away from them and no counter roll is made for them? Do they assist in brawn?

rag1n likes this.
  2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

From Masters of Puppets:
    Apart from that, they're Obstacles. If they haven't :R:Brawn Attribute they cannot force to a Disengage Roll as if they were Barriers (and so they cannot assist in Brawn).

:wink:

prophet of doom likes this.
  3. prophet of doom

thank you very much!

4. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Only Gorgoneions from Gaia can do that at the moment.

So you're completely free to move around Fiddler's bots.
    What I rediscovered recently is that bots never benefits from cover, and for Fiddler's ones, it means a lot !

rag1n likes this.
  5. prophet of doom

I still think that Fiddler is so good that I will buy the Masters of Puppets. It is my favourite Metallica album anyway.

-V- likes this.
  6. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Yeah. I probably overrate her a tad, but I'd definitely say she's a solid sidegrade to Bill.

Maybe even a straight upgrade, in the event they have no real state removal.

7. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Fiddler's defense roll is sweet.

Offensively I'd say she's not as "bursty" as wild bill but she combos well with characters that Wild Bill does not.

Wild Bill likes to have Laxmee on his team in order to get focused states (more yellow dice = better chance at chaining attacks). He also doesn't want to face characters that can dazzle (also another good reason why Laxmee's good for Wild Bill).

I'd say, generally speaking, Fiddler combos well with other heroes that do burning states but actually taking a closer look at Fiddler's ability "Forward Observer" I think she actually combos with Wild Bill too! Wild bill could also use the bots to get bonus cover dice. The other thing I like about Fiddler is that her cards synergise more easily (with herself and teammates) than Wild Bill's.

I need to go test Fiddler and Wild Bill!

prophet of doom, Ealthril and CAnon like this.
  8. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Just watch out for Oberon.
    He makes a sad monkey.

Croepoek likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation