1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiday Alpha Strike Loadout

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by BlazyCrane, Jan 24, 2020.

1. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

So I am wondering what would be the most point efficient profile for a Friday. I have never made a BS attack with it only CC and smoke until it is taken out. So I am wondering if I should almost always be taking the Boarding Shotgun loadout or are the mines too good not to take?

2. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If you want a killer, then why not take THE True Killer - Al'Djabel?
    He's the most deadly of all Fidays. Best in CC, with reasonably higher stats and Viral ammo and better MA, which gives him an option to deal 4 BTS rolls to his target. He's also best in shooting, and he has both template (shotgun) and rifle. And he even dodges/engages/throws smoke better.
    If I run a list with one Fiday (and usually that's how I play) I always take him instead of his non-named companions.
    I think that the few more points are worth all the nice upgrades he has.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

RasPuto likes this.
  3. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Well, I find more and more that the true potential of the Fiday isn’t in assassinating key pieces or attacking the order pool. It is quite difficult to make a successful attack run that actually hurt the opponent without investing too many orders.

Instead just by spending a few orders the Fiday should focus on being disruptive, making itself a threat that the opponent will have to spend several orders to dislodge.

For this there is only one profile - the one with mines.

4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Playing against the Fiday all too often - the one with mines is the biggest menace. Rifle+LSG gives it greater versatility than BS, and mines can be used to make sure I won't deal with it too easily on my turn. They also punish lazy deployment.

5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

On a side note, please do run the Dice Calculator and see which targets this is actually advantageous against compared to using MA3. They aren't really that many of those.

(that is just in case you folks aren't tired of hearing me suggesting to see actual odds using the calc because it seems to me that's the only thing I have been doing here for a few months).

Xeurian likes this.
  6. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, I know a bit about MA ;)
    Against most line infantry order-generators MA4 gives me better chances of killing enemy. And as a hassassin I prefer that way ;)
    You can argue, that MA3 gives the enemy slightly lower chance to wound Djabel, but the difference is still in favor of using MA4, because the chances of killing are bigger, than the difference in Djabel surviving the fight.

And to be totally honest - those differences are usually so small that this is negligible. I just like having 2 dices against one, it feels better ;)

About Fidays as an alpha strikers - if you name the unit that way than I expect you want to use it. And if you want to use it actively, then IMHO Djabel is the best. If you want to sneak around, wait a bit et cetera - then the Mine guy shines. He can also make great use of deploying a Mine and then forcing the opponent to choose one bad option or the other (shooting or dodging), but it works with shooting, not with close combat. Because in CC having only AP CCW and CC21 isn't that great, especially in comparison with CC23 and Viral CCW (plus MAL4).

PozdRawiam / Greetings

RasPuto likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation