1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you??

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by LoganGarnett, Jan 7, 2020.

1. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

You know, if you remove the rock from underneath his back leg, it would kind'a look like he's on the run and just tried to move out of attack's way or something.

2. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

The gear in general look better than concept arts made me to expect. That said, replace the orange paintjob with red - and you're looking at what's basically a Nomad model, which was one of my gripes from the beginning.

As always, I heavily dislike those medpistols, and I'm not a fan of the pose. I don't know about you folks, but to me it looks more awkward than dynamic because that straight right leg is pretty damn counterproductive to anything dynamical you would want to do.

In general I don't feel it's terrible, but I'd still rather convert/proxy a Lasiq rather than use this one somehow.

Xeurian likes this.
  3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, a good paintjob can actually make Mukhtar look nice, regardless of their tactical tracksuit issue.
    The same problem Raoul Spector had, and I've found a very nice job of him being done in Multicam-like camouflage (corresponidng to his Mimetism).With all due credit to Shizune :D :

[​IMG]
    ...and since Mukhtar are Mimetic too... :P

Modock likes this.
  4. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

That is a ridiculous pose. Thankfully it's the Doctor Plus loadout, so here's hoping the Viral Rifle and/or Red Fury will look ... different.

5. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Your right because its the Fiday pose with hand swaps. Which was not a good choice to make.

6. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Wow, this is a bad pose...I like that they are going for a “assassins creed” look but man...they took the man out of that pose.

7. Errhile

I wonder if he could be saved by converting from the shotgun to a melee weapon - or, in his case, a knife (hammer grip, as if he had just finished a very wide horizontal slash)...
    The Fiday wasn't that bad, I mean... a bit theatrical ( still like the old, 1ed. Fiday) but not all that bad.

sololobo likes this.
  8. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

I makes me more pleased with the eventual box release.

I'm not hung up on how it doesn't resemble two thousand year old clothing. Same with the colors. The pose is probably more suitable for a Khawarij doctor though. ;) I still won't get it, because I don't need a Mukhtar doctor. I give it a 4 after some time.

9. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

The Fiday is aweome, because the pose makes sense in its case. It was the best model in Beyond Red Veil imho. But that Mukhtar is just silly. Especially when you know, that there are such great sculpts like Khawarij and the Fiday.

10. Errhile

Well, let's agree to disagree about the BRV Fiday, ok? :)

As for Mukthtar - sure he is silly as he is. What I'm doing here is trying to find a way out to make this silly sculpt look in a way that wouldn't be visually offending to our eyes. Because it is out, and it isn't going to be amended by CB fo many years to come. Therefore, it is up to us to fix him for ourselves.

11. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Thats what the "imho" was for;)

The best thing (again imho) would be, to not buy that model so CB gets the message, that they should stop that egregious pose recycling.
    If enough people vote with their wallet, a resculpt would come a lot sooner.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, I can't say this is pose recycling. The only thing this one has in common with BRV Fiday is that they both lean forward.
    Otherwise the Fiday is in pretty sensible pose to represent him finishing climb (what it was for is another question entirely), whereas this one performs some aggressive bow, moving his mass backwards.

If you want to see how pose recycling looks like, see latest Vet Kazak / Mormaer HMGs.

The real problem with this one is that the pose makes little sense imo.

And I personally dislike models swinging their rifles around in one hand while holding them like a pistol. I thought this stuff was left in first gen with models like old HB starter Ragik.

Xeurian likes this.
  13. LoganGarnett

Ah, to hell with it. Going to get him anyway. Perhaps would find some mini to handswap with, or repose his hands a little bit.

It's my favourite Mukhtar profile and I hate proxying stuff.. so I'm going to make it work.

Xeurian likes this.
  14. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Really tired of all these tactical hoodies/euro-trash tracksuits. Come on CB.

15. LoganGarnett

At least male Namurr sculpt is alright. Nothing awe-inducing, but still pretty nice.
    Is it just me, or his spitfire is a little different than our regular ones?

16. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

1580109777726.jpg 1580109777726.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

17. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Yeah, it's got some sort of tank underneath it that I didn't notice on the previous models.

18. Errhile

You did. But it was in-line with the barrel:

[​IMG]

If memory serves me, this was the oldest Haqq Spitfire model.
    Also, look at the Namurr's main belt on his back - there are two more cylinders there, and they seem to be exactly the same as the one under the barrel.

Then, give a look to the Nahab Red Fury - there seems to be a very similar cylinder under it.

My guess - both these guns are fed from a helical magazine:[​IMG]

Not the most popular choice in the world, but not unknown either. And we have seen our share of round ammo hoppers in Infinity already.

19. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

It's fun to see the evolution of the Haqq spitfire.
    The second version is a slimmer version of the original with as seen on Tarik, the Ragik and others.
    The magazine is pushed back somewhat.
    [​IMG]

The new one has some similarities to the Haqq Red Fury, which comes with a round helix magazine as well!
    [​IMG]

For comparison:
    [​IMG]
    The magazine keeps moving back and back. I wouldn't be surprised if the Haqq Spitfire in N5 is some weird helical bullpup.

Xeurian likes this.
  20. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Well. Shot Show was just this weekend in Vegas. Clearly this is the latest model. :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation