1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White banner

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Khalipo, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

This concept of shang ji being included in white banner is interesting. Maybe CB intentionally left shang ji and guijia unchanged(useless) to give them justice in WB. It's not guaranteed because nearly all old units in IA were untouched. Still. I think that it's more possible that we get zuyong instead of shang ji (or maybe both). Fluff still describes shang ji as top tech unit so not an unit sent to guerilla/ scarse resources sectorial. Of course scarse is relative cause it's still YJ.

2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Three camo units that each cost 24 points minimum?

Crazier things have happened I guess.

3. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

<removed>

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hmm, on the premise of the whole white helmets actually being true and that to avoid Shang-Ji, whom arguably are meant to be the posterchildren of IA (plus, I'm hoping the complete lack of a model for them is due to them being planned for a complete overhaul in N4 similar to how Terracotta got remade)

Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    DÀOFĚI Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 53)
    HAC TAO Missile Launcher, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 65)
    GŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

2 SWC | 160 Points

Open in Infinity Army

A few caveats;
    1. I'm expecting at least one of the sectorial's new units to show up here.
    2. While a Tiger would make sense, all primary Tiger loadouts have already been released.
    3. This is presuming the "white helmet" comment is still valid.
    4. I'm actually somewhat expecting Shaolin to change, even if only in minor ways. E.g. a 7-point profile with Assault Pistol instead of Combi, an 8-point profile with Light Shotgun instead of Boarding Shotgun, and so on
    5. We have a new Guilang sculpt - Multi Sniper - that's it. BSG and Combi and possibly Hacker is missing, I'm hoping BSG for a Starter simply for the fact that I'd prefer to be able to buy two Combi blisters. Guilang is sort of iconic for (what this forum has come to expect of) Huang Di

Something I'd like to note is that I don't see any real development room for Shang-Ji nor Zuyong/Wu Ming as all that would accomplish is to create the effect of IA 2.0 without actually correcting the issues IA has.

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Um Teseum? It’s the reason Yu Jing “claim jumped” PanO. The reason they are there. Also with an environment that can kill lesser troops if in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is not a non-important post by any stretch. Also, the enemy is just as technologically advanced if not a bit more.

So I haven’t gone over to the “other side” to see what they think is going to be on their side. Anyone have what’s the most thought?

6. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

I meant resources like infrastructure to maintain large conventional force. Sorry for putting it the wrong way. Of course it's important because of raw materials gathered on surface. But I think that PanO is better suited for macro operations on the planet, including deployment of advanced units that require extensive supply chain and maintenance facilities which super armour of shang ji definitely requires.

7. Mahtamori

Yu Jing is a very large fry when it comes to those kinds of logistics because Yu Jing's extensive and skewed mobilisation, though from memory Pan-O has a much larger operation established on Svalarheima.

I do agree with you that Shang-Ji isn't likely to feature in Huang Di (and hope that this is correct), even if they are the most likely of IA Proper to do so. That doesn't mean there is no IA attachments there, though, just like how we know there used to be a sizeable JSA detachment there.

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

My only reasoning, weak at best, for Shang Ji is that IA has now been out for a long time and we haven't seen any sign of new sculpts. If they put them as the main line HI in WB then come out with a box, it will sell pretty well.

9. Mahtamori

The box will sell well regardless of whether Shang-Ji are in there ;)

I would wonder how Shang-Ji would fit into Huang Di, though. They don't fit well in IA, but Huang Di will likely have a few more options in the lower end of the spectrum so they might function as Wildcards in HD when they do not (generally) in IA similar to how they work in Varuna - but I hope HD doesn't end up being a mirror sectorial in that way. There's a few too many unknowns on that topic, though, mainly from what new models will be chosen to fill other slots - I've got about 4 or 5 imaginary slots, similar level of missing units as IA had.

10. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

It's still the best argument so far. Either they put him in Huang Di as the only line heavy infantry, redesign him with N4 and leave in IA or they can remove him completely cause he has neither new cool model nor interesting or "strong" rules.

There is also a big chance, since this new box is likely be a prelude to N4 style of making armies (if there will be any changes to the formula) that our perspective on being good/bad , bland/interesting or being optimized or not won't be even close to new environment. Even if not in the rules, the fluff of both released armies can be greatly expanded or changed *cough* tiger soldiers *cough*. As it isn't stated which units are definitely excluded from WB, we could also see ISS detachment present, like wu ming or kanren.

11. Mahtamori

You mean vanilla Yu Jing? Yeah, vanilla style Yu Jing would be available everywhere there are Yu Jing forces, more or less, Svalarheima would be no exception

12. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

Corvus Belli seems to lean towards making every unit have a distinct home inside a sectorial. Current vanilla units will probably be Huang Di units once the sectorial drops. Yeah there are very basic units like zhanshi, rems or doc/engineer. Those will definitely be included. Maybe not zhanshi but I doubt they'll come up with different base infantry. Other than that I cannot think of any other strictly vanilla units.

13. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

And if either daoying or lei gong is going to be included, I'll be very happy or even euphoric. It's funny that best units introduced in IA (for me obviously) are not heavy infantry. Them and ava 4 of guilang mixed with rui shi and monks. Maybe dao fei. I don't require much to be satisfied. :P

Mahtamori likes this.
  14. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Zhanshi are Banner Troops and this is the White Banner. Be weird if a banner army had no banner troops, yeah?

15. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

It depends on whether CB wants to make WB a traditional YJ banner military with some snow flavour or some crazy guerilla kung fu sniper sectorial which sounds more interesting to me. Well. There is a big chance that zhanshi will be in in either of those options

16. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Please yes

Please no

Dragonstriker and chaos11 like this.
  17. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

Is there any chance of increased ava of our remotes? I've always felt that only one flash pulse bot is kinda meh. IA has 2 of them. Is this decided while looking at sectorial order economy? Not always anyway. Dahshat has 2 if my memory serves me right.
    Little desclaimer here. I don't want to spam the shit out of WB but those bots provide much needed utility. Considering this is not "elite" army, I expect the standard to be something like 13-16 orders with irregulars included. Possible to build limited insertion without any major drawbacks but also with possibility to run 20 dudes on the field.

18. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Vanilla and ISS getting AVA1 Chaiyi makes sense when you remember Kuang Shi are a thing.

I honestly was expecting IA to get AVA3 Chaiyi to allow HI + REM lists to be common.

I'd expect AVA2 for WB. A YJ version of NCA with less REMs would actually feel about right for WB.

19. Mahtamori

AVA on REMs seem to be decided more along the lines of how well funded the sectorial is (relative to the main faction), with ISS being the outlier with only 1 Messenger (but 3 TR). Personally, I would expect White Banner to have closer to JSA level of REM AVA (although not JSA level of SWC cost), but that's mostly because I've internalised that the White Banner is the least well funded of the Banners, being relegated to a backwater - which probably isn't true, btw.

Furiat likes this.
  20. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

Since the Shang Ji were originally a high mobility suit, it makes sense fluff wise for them to have a place in a sectorial specializing in harsh terrain. It wouldn't surprise me if CB was holding back on the Guijia and ShangJi rework to wait for white banner, they did a simliar work saving thing when releasing N3 and saving some unit changes to HSN3.

Savnock and Furiat like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation