1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if CB made an infinity video game....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by dhellfox, Dec 8, 2019.

1. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

Something like this anime?
    [​IMG]

2. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Thinking about this, I think if I ever got an Infinity game, I wouldn't want it to be a TBS game. At least not the first thing put out by CB or whoever their partner was.

Give me a fun, turn your brains off kinda game. Something like a TAG piloting action game with a neat plot that has a start and a finish and isn't trying to do much. It could be great to intro the setting for people who aren't into tabletop games, and if you had something memorable like cool animations/gameplay or voice acting it would make enough of a splash to call people's attention.

Then after that a game like X-com or Fallout Tactics with some base/team management and progression as well as TBS would be cool.

3. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Morat Hack & Slash game!

But I maintain that a side-scrolling platformer played as a Fast Panda would be hilariously fun.

4. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

I kind of feel that something like A! or even better a Defiance turn based game would be a low hanging fruit for production costs and could introduce Infinity to the PC/Console gaming community.

A full blown tactical game like x-com would probably be very limited in what factions it could put down, and I feel like the IP would need some traction to get the resources it needed to make a game like that good.

Barrogh, Dragonstriker and DaRedOne like this.
  5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I would really want something more original than "X" game with infinity skin. That's boring to me. I've played Xcom, I don't need to play it again but with an infinity paint job on it.

Barrogh and chromedog like this.
  6. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I don't want Infinity to try to be some awful mess of an attempt at inventing a new genre and striving to be a unique and good game able to compete for everyone's attention. At this point just about every game that comes out is an X, Y or Z game with its own spin. Anything that doesn't fit that mould is usually an indie game and for every success in that realm there are a thousand that fall into the ether. What CB needs is an accessible game that gets their IP out on the market to raise brand awareness and fosters public interest in the universe.

Section9 and jherazob like this.
  7. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

You're jumping too far into the other side of the spectrum. I never said infinity should make its own genre. That would be ridiculous.
    Think of a lot of successful indie games these past couple of years – Undertale, Hyper Light Drifter, Blasphemous, etc. They didn't invent their own genre, they just injected their own universe and style into an existing game mold.

Games like Bug Fables and Oddity are an utter snoozefest to me – not only have they copied their inspirations mechanics but their art style and quirks too. I don't get anything new out of these games. Same could be said for an infinity Xcom clone. I've already played as tactical sci-fi men shooting guns at alien enemies on a dice roll mechanic. It doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  8. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd rather just have a digital version of defiance with mod support so people can make new missions

Dragonstriker likes this.
  9. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Or CrazyKoala: your objetive is to hit everyone else... that of course, are trying to run away as fast as they can. It could also be puzzle/strategy version.

Ashtaroth likes this.
  10. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

I like the puzzle idea! Kill as many Fusiliers as possible with the least amount of Koalas. I'd play that.

11. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Infinity version of angry birds?

Section9 likes this.
  12. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

- Sattelite Reign / Syndicate within the Infinity Setting as a base concept.
    - One main story campaign in a big open world + customizable and focused single missions where you can choose your own faction.
    - Co-op and PvP Multiplayer where two squads have to achieve conflicting goals. Competitive approach.

This is pretty much my dream game now (after Warhammer Total War actually happened). The basic rules of infinity can easily be translated into this kind of game, even down to individual stats and dicerolls, so the ties to the tabletop would still be strong, despite being played in real-time. Orders would probably have to go and squads shrinked to something like 4 or 5 units max. to not become too overwhelming to manage. Interactive surroundings allow for the implementation of Hacking, Anti Material effects, Climbing Plus etc.

Hirable squad members allow for pretty much all units to be implemented eventually, which also facilitates replayability and diverse gameplay options. The campaign needs a vibrant backdrop, so we could finally see and experience one (or several) places within the Infinity Universe.

Make it happen.

13. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

More like Burnout 3: Takedown Crash Mode.

14. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Sonic-like game with Fusiller Angus running very fast from all sorts of dangers.

WarHound, Section9, Barrogh and 2 others like this.
  15. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions. I don't know why that didn't occur to me earlier. Something inspired by that, but multiplayer cooperative play.

jherazob likes this.
  16. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Lady Numiria, Section9, ev0k and 2 others like this.
  17. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Ya, that's fair enough, I did go pretty far with it, but games like Underdale have a lot of genre bending ingenuities that managed to appeal to people. It would be very easy to try to innovate within a genre and end up making something that doesn't appeal to people or becomes too difficult to implement. There is also a massive level of love and care that goes into indie projects thanks to the creative license being held by the development team/developer. They have the flexibility to do what they want and the passion comes from them wanting to put out their idea. I doubt you will find the same thing from hiring an indie sized development company, even if everyone at the company is a fan of your IP. Especially with how strict I would expect CB to be with how the IP is implemented, there would likely need to be a lot of back and forth.

I'm not saying there is no way it could work, or that they should make a carbon copy of another game, but there are a lot of hurdles. They would have to be quite careful about going too far in one direction or the other.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  18. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

well with everything happening, its a shame theres no official game to play to pass the time.

19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

I don't know any real games about the universe and the Infinity game.

- But in the past I have seen the Infinity Rim: Ariadna mod for the game Rimworld ( apparently not working anymore according to the comments), if somebody wants to repair it to make it work again.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/775703802
    [​IMG]

Otherwise I spotted some cyberpunk atmosphere games or games where the designers may have been inspired by infinity.

-Anthem - from Bioware (with soldiers with jump packs that remind those of infinity, you should watch the short film by neill blomkamp if not yet done, on OAT Studio youtube channel)
    -Overwatch - by Blizzard (which is notoriously inspired by many wargames)
    -Metal gears solid rising - by Konami
    -Ruiner - by Reikon Games
    -VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action - by Sukeban Games
    -Satellite Reign - by 5 Lives Studios
    Darksiders Genesis - by THQ Nordic (the designer is a subscriber to an artist of infinity chibi so I guess that the heroe is well a tohaa inspiration)

#59 Wizzy, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Xeurian and jherazob like this.
  20. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

The correct statement from you would be "where the designers may have been inspired by infinity", not "have been inspired by Infinity".

Also, lol that you think Anthem is inspired by Infinity...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation