1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactical Window

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by siri, Sep 15, 2019.

1. siri

siri Well-Known Member

hi guys.

I was trying to have a idea in TW to tohaa.
    I'm having some difficulty to create good lists.
    I always play with with a lot of orders, be in tohaa or in haqqislam. My only exception was when I was trying IA, with no success.

What is your expectations with this ?

2. Deathadder84

Deathadder84 Member

To be honest, the Operations Manual sticky thread was a great help to me getting back into the game. They detail a few different types of list and which units are good in which. One of the guys runs a swarmy Tohaa list iwth a bunch of triads pretty effectively. Personally I like to have 2 or 3 elitey guys as the leaders in my triads.

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Fifteen orders is a sweet spot for a lot of more traditional tohaa lists in my experience, with a greater focus on multi-role triads.

If the order count limitation is something you're worried about, I have two suggestions:
    1. Run a Rasail lieutenant to give you a meaningful sixteenth order.
    2. Focus on learning how to maximise the effectiveness of your orders through multi-role triads. The idea is that the same triad that's moving upfield to throw smoke and gunfight is also moving to complete objectives etc, so you save yourself the orders you'd otherwise spend 'staging' those models separately.

4. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

If I were to play a Tactical Window Tournament, this is where I'd start:

Tactical Window
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)
    MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    SUKEUL HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    SAKIEL Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    KRIIGEL Submachine Gun, Phero-Booster / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 13)
    NIKOUL Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Draal and Sukeul provide two really strong attack pieces while the Nikoul can be a really strong reactive trooper. When going second, deploy the Draal with an active Stratuscloud touching the nikoul.
    With 4 to 5 orders, the Sakiel triad can advance into the midfield in order to move the Kriigel into a good position for eraser AROs. Alternatively, just let the Libertos do Libertos things.

xagroth, siri, Abrilete and 3 others like this.
  5. OrderMonkey

Thought I'd revive this post to show off my latest creation for a Tactical Window tournament. The list is designed for Quadrant Control and Looting and Sabotaging:

Sabotaging Windows 4.0
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)
    RASAIL Lieutenant Spitfire + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)
    KRIIGEL Submachine Gun, Phero-Booster / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    NIKOUL Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    TAQEUL (Chain of Command) Viral Combi Rifle, SymbioBugs / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 40)
    LIBERTO Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I know, I know, there is no Sukeul HMG here, but I don't think it's necessary in the missions I built the list for.
    As the shooty guys, I've got my Boarding Team and the Draal APMMR. She will either be linked with two makauls or start at a good spot alone 20 inches deep. In that case, one of the makauls can link with the Kriigel triad.
    For defence, I'v got a Nikoul for the now-classic stratuscloud combo, if needed. Also a Kriigel for erazer aros and the Taqeul, who will litter the area he wants to protect with symbiobugs, bevor dropping into suppressive fire. There's no better tool to deny an area in Tohaa.

So, there's that. I'm happy about feedback or suggestions!

siri likes this.
  6. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

How do you table an ALEPH list with yours? Imagine something like Achilles coming to your DZ thanks to having almost no long-range ARO (with one Nikoul you just deny some areas and Achilles' high PH allows him to ignore most of the mines). Also, why are you consistently keeping Kriigel out of Triads that would benefit from him greatly, like Sukeul HMG or Draal? How are you going to deal with MSV links?

7. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

Chaksas and Makauls are pretty efficient at DZ defense, Makauls even having B2 on their HFTs if in Triad. Place some gun potatoes to cover them and to put a fork on Achilles - either he shoots and gets flamethrower hits for free, or he dodges and gun potato shoots at him for free, potentially outFtFing him.

8. OrderMonkey

I can't even remember when I last took more than one long range ARO piece with me. It's just not worth it most of the time.
    I usually let them waste their orders walking across the table.
    If we're talking about Aleph in particular, I don't expect them much in my local meta. It's mostly OSS.
    That being said, alpha strikes can be extremely dangerous, especially the ones led by my all time favourite McMurrough, as his aburd mobility and durability allows him to bypass my minefields and wall of flames and get straight to the juicy part of my forces.

There's simply no need to take the Kriigel into the midfield in Looting and Sabotaging. He's supposed to protect my target or one quadrant in Quadrant Control.

The plan regarding MSV links is to simply use eclipse smoke to get close and then light light them up pretty or just ignore them altogether.

You are right about this lost having weaknesses, though. I'm still not sure whether not having a Sukeul HMG is the right call.

9. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

In my meta there's a really strong player that used to run a Nomads list built around Puppets and Intruder with Koalas and mines securing his half of the table. The list isn't that OP, but he piloted it in the most efficient way possible, and if you didn't field any long-range AROs at all, you'd get Puppets in your DZ in about 4 orders. Same goes with other alpha-striking lists built around Achilles, Marut (which itself can generate up to 4 orders), McMurder and the likes.

Regarding leaving MSV links alone.. Well, sure, that works sometimes, but then if you don't shave off any orders from your opponent, you're basically putting yourself into a strategical disadvantage at their next active turn, and removing one of your opponent's strong ARO pieces opens a lot more possibilities than ignoring it altogether.

10. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Unfortunately, if it's the first turn, you will still have these guys in your DZ, and not somewhere up in the midfield where they could be a little more useful in slowing down an alpha-strike. And there's always pie slicing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation