1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Hobby Resolutions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Koin-Koin, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, all the best for this new year.

What will be yours ? More play, more painted minis, less compulsive acquisition ... ?

Mine are pretty much the whole list.
    - reduce my unpainted minis backlog (official number is 340 at the moment but it miss some random sprues that I don't really need and a few minis that will arrive soon. Still under 400).
    - play more of the already owned games
    - play more (my main group didn't had much opportunity to gather during the last weeks/months)

2. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I really need to make a dint in my SAGA projects, started a big Saracen army and now it needs painting lol. Also got a few units for my vikings I bought and assembled after "finishing" it that I need to sort. Other than that, I need to stop getting into new rulesets!!

Koin-Koin likes this.
  3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

As far as my hobby goes on a whole – PAINT THE SHIT YOU ALREADY HAVE. or sell some of it.

for infinity I definitely plan on buying the N4 starter and expanding my PanO a bit. Want to focus on the armies I already have.
    For other games – I want to play classic WHFB. The problem will be finding others who want to aswell.

Also find a really solid community. I haven't been part of a really regular local gaming scene since my early college/late high school days and it sucks.

chromedog and Koin-Koin like this.
  4. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

Happy new year everybody :hugging_face:

For my new year resolution I have the following things:
    - As my tournament challange this year I will only use max half of the allowed SWC in each list. So nomally it will be 3 SWC and 3.5 when I get +1 via a unit.
    - Organize 5+ tournaments during this year
    - Get more people play Infinity in my local gaming club (Currently only 2 out of 36 so enough room to grow)
    - Paint 3+ models each month

Koin-Koin likes this.
  5. csjarrat

If you're struggling for wfb opponent's have a look at kings of war, the rules system is much cleaner, less magic dependent and you can use whatever models you have already.

chromedog, Xeurian and Koin-Koin like this.
  6. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Mostly painting. Last year was rough. Finished a grand total of 10 Minis. One big Garage Kit though. My resolution is to finish get my Ramah Taskforce lists fully painted and depending on delivery date, Defiance, so I can play it with my friends who are more board gamers than tabletop gamers.
    And I'll probably sell off my Warmachine stuff except for some choice pieces and limit my buying to what I need to complete my Ramah and IA, which should not be much.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  7. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Painting, but also work on a proper display for my minis.

Rizzy and Koin-Koin like this.
  8. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

You're not the first person to tell me this! Honestly trying to find players for that game around here would probably be just as difficult. As far as WHFB goes I'll probably try and corral people to play 6th ed, so not a huge dependence on magic either.

I need something that is way less serious/competetice as Infinity. strike a balance.

csjarrat likes this.
  9. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I don't have a lead mountain (I paint stuff before it gets used and I don't buy more until it's done. Being on a limited budget (pension) ensures that I don't end up with a mountain of unpainted stuff).

So it's pretty much just "play more games with what I've got".

Koin-Koin likes this.
  10. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

unfortunately my hobby resolution and personal seem to intertwine

-paint the other half my inf models
    -finally finish editing my 16+ year old novel (to free up time and hopefully make some income to spend on my hobby)
    -get the forgotten remake off the ground
    -to stop being useless

Koin-Koin likes this.
  11. csjarrat

Ah yeah that's gonna suck a bit then. Have you got any SAGA players in your area? Saga has an "age of magic" universe book and it's class. Simple mechanics but plenty of tactics on-table. Miniature agnostic so can use whatever you have already. It's not quite ranks and ranks but has infantry in moderate blocks, cavalry, heroes, mages, monsters etc

MikeTheScrivener, Rizzy and Koin-Koin like this.
  12. Chango50

Chango50 I´m back!

Play some games waiting for N4 for a full come back (Reloaded)

13. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

-Fully paint and base at least one full list for Vanilla Haqq.
    -Get started on one of my secondary armies.

14. csjarrat

Well the resolution to "not get drawn into new rulesets" got thoroughly shafted, ended up with 3 factions for star wars Legion, got into zone raiders and narrow seas too lol. At least lockdown means I've got all my star wars stuff painted

Xeurian likes this.
  15. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Well... technically, with C1 and N4 coming, this one doesn't count this year.

jherazob likes this.
  16. csjarrat

Haha, well I only own YJ out of the stuff from C1 so that'll be getting a solid pass from me and n4 is more of the same so not really "new" in my eyes

Koin-Koin likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation