1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beyond Operation Wildfire; Worth it or not?

Discussion in 'News' started by Luisjoey, Jan 2, 2020.

?

What where you expecting more?

1. Cuervo Goldstein (Delta trooper)

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Beta Trooper

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Alpha Trooper

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. O-12 Yuan yuan that didn´t come

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Sheskin (YUM YUM YUM!)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. cadmus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Caliban

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Luisjoey

Luisjoey High Marshall of Wotan
    Warcor

a Quick review (activate your quantronic translator) and unboxing of BOW! beyond operation wildfire. A sincere view about the product.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't play CA so I split my box. The two O-12 models in there were great, but unfortunately, Cuervo was the third model and it is, to put it poetically, a steaming pile of faeces.
    The sculpt is the worst sculpt CB has ever made that I have laid eyes on and the entire model rests on a horizontal attachment point that's just waiting to break. Meanwhile the typical CB problem where when a model holds a gun in two hands and you need to green-stuff the should or bend the weapon to make the left arm not look broken was also present - not as bad as Tai Sheng but so far the second worst model I've assembled in this respect (Tai Sheng is, contrary to Cuervo, a great sculpt)

But yeah... Beta and Omega were great and made up for it. Cuervo is demoralizing to my efforts to paint, and I'm considering just chucking him into the trash so I don't have to look on it.

Luisjoey likes this.
  3. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

I didn’t have this issue with Cuervo at all. He went together like a charm and there were 0 issues with any gaps needing to be filled up.

Sculpt wise I think he’s fine as well and as someone that took his second Cuervo off the base I can attest that the model is not going to break off of the tactical junk easily at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luisjoey likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Interesting. Maybe there's issues with uneven material filling in molds that happens with CB miniatures made this way. I've been starting to experience this issue with CB miniatures at large, so it's definitely not unique to a specific series or mold. I'll have to see how my second Tai Sheng ends up (the first one became a Zuyong Haris miniature for Dahshat)

I'm not talking about the tactical junk, I'm talking about the right buttock unclenching from the right thigh.

Luisjoey likes this.
  5. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

my cuevo was probably the easiest to assemble within the whole wildfire pack (and i've assembled 3 sets of 0-12 starter boxes)
    its just the common issue i have with many CB models, that is their tolerance levels in their forging/ design can be inconsistent at best

sometimes they fit perfectly, other times your spending hours, bending and shaving metal just to get a 'good enough' fit

Luisjoey and Mahtamori like this.
  6. Luisjoey

Luisjoey High Marshall of Wotan
    Warcor

it´s kinda a lottery, but i do really like the effort they made to make them easy fit. maybe shall jump to plastic someday :D

Lady Numiria likes this.
  7. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

I really really hope that they never move to plastic minis. I prefer the metal ones so much more!

And yeah it’s kind of a gamble whether or not they’ll fit perfectly without any tweaking or not - but so far I haven’t had any real issues with the 90+ models I’ve assembled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rizzy likes this.
  8. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

@Bruno Braga @dhellfox @Mahtamori Question: does your Cuervo have the hexagon-shaped/bright fabric sculpted or is it plain?

I asked because mine, as well as others in another thread, does not have the sculpt and wanted confirmation.

#8 Ashen_Seeker, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation