1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VI INTERPLANETARIO

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by Interplanetario, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

You can see this on Infinity twitter account (2nd tweet include top 10 for pulpi and kraken) : https://twitter.com/InfinityTheGame

Brokenwolf, ChoTimberwolf and Urobros like this.
  2. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

I think this is not the place to debate about the jammer. They are others threads in the forum. And if you want we can debate via private message :) I'am avaiblable, still...

This Technical Weapon doesn't require LoF and acts in the user's Zone of Control, inducing the Isolated state.

• The user of a Jammer can declare a BS Attack using his WIP Attribute against a target within his ZoC. However, this weapon does not require LoF to the target.
    • A successful Roll forces the target to make a BTS Roll versus Damage 13.
    • Failing the BTS Roll causes the target to enter the Isolated state, signified by an Isolated Marker in base to base contact.
    • Critical hits with a Jammer put the target directly into the Isolated state, bypassing the usual BTS roll.
    • The user of a Jammer can declare an Intuitive Attack to target a Camouflage or TO Marker within his ZoC.
    REMEMBER
    The target of a Comms Attack can declare Reset to avoid the Attack.

Name Range (inches) DAM B Ammo Traits
    Short Medium Long Maximum
    Jammer -- -- -- -- 13 1 -- Comms Attack, Intuitive Attack, No LoF, State: Isolated, Technical Weapon, Zone of Control

Flash Pulse

A BS Weapon designed to incapacitate the target briefly without causing lasting damage.

Flash Pulse 0-8" 0 8-24" +3 24-48" -3 48-96" -6 13 1 Flash Non-Lethal, Non-Lootable, Technical Weapon

Grenades
    A BS Throwing Weapon, useful at short range against groups of enemies or obscured targets.

Grenades 0-8" +3 8-16" -3 -- -- 13 1 N Impact Template (Circular), Speculative Fire, Throwing Weapon

Technical Weapon.
    This weapon can make BS Attacks, but uses the WIP Attribute in place of BS. When using this weapon, consider all rules and MODs that would affect the trooper's BS as affecting his WIP Attribute instead.

BURST SUPPORT BONUS AUTOMATIC SKILL
    Optional
    REQUIREMENTS
    EFFECTS

FIVE MEMBER FIRETEAM BONUS

Maybe my word "tag" it wasn't the best choice. But if you read carefully, you can see how many weapon have the "wording" BS Weapon as, for example, Grenades or Flash Pulse, but in no place of the "jammer" you can find references to "BS Weapon", only to "BS Attacks". And Technical Weapon only allow you to do BS Attacks using WIP instead BS, but nothing about Technical Weapon being "for definition a BS Weapon". This is only an inference which a lot of players do because "doing a BS Attack is taken as "to be a BS Weapon", but this hardly could be true. So, that is why the +1 Burst can't be done with jammers. Now, the +3 to the WIP should be added, because the bonus is applyed while performing a BS Attack... Nothing it said about the "source" of the BS Attack.. BS Weapon or not.

So, in conclusion.

Allow to do a BS Attack isn't the same as to be a BS Weapon.

If you aren't convinced about this, please, go to the jammers threads, open a new one, or send me a PM. ;)

As @Arkhos94 said before, on twitter account you have that info. In the other hand, in the same URL I wrote previously you can see the list of players in both tournaments, with the factions played, the problem are the new sectorials which sadly don't show the logo.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  3. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Hello there. On my way back home.

I couldn't register in time for Infinity so I registered to play aristeia instead (which I love also). But when I heard there would some spot left I took my models and list just in case. I was able to register but in the pulpi tournament (not sure my ranking before the Inter would get me in the kraken anyway).

The event was a blast, like every year (my 4th inter). Especially because this time I was coming with some close friends from Paris. And meeting with other people that play Infinity all around the world is like a big family meeting.

About the game the venue was ok but I prefer the previous one because it was closer to the center with the bars and restaurants. The lack of light for the last game of Friday was indeed an issue. But the biggest for me was the lack of time. Officially it was two hours but including finding your table, unpacking your stuff etc ... I couldn't finish 2 of my 6 games and I don't think neither me or my opponent played slowly. Maybe language a barrier, rule and a line of sight checking made the game slower. Hopefully we were adulte enough to agree that we should both have two turns and nobody tried to cheat with the time.
    I feel like we should at least get 2h15 minutes (that is what we do in my local meta) even more even if it means having only 5 rounds. I would prefer to have five games with 3 turns than 6 with time issue.

Eventually thanks to all my gaming opponent, to CB for organizing that event and to all the people that made it such a pleasant experience.

#103 Marduck, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Ealthril, WarHound, ijw and 5 others like this.
  4. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

A thought on some players not marking LOF. In our big satellite there's a rule in the players pack that if you don't have your LOF marked, your opponents interpretation of what the facing of your model is gets used. In practice this means theres 100% adherence to having LOF marked.

I think that's a good rule.

5. Marduck

If some of you are interested, I just made a small video on the event.
    If you don't understand French you want to pass directly to 2.20 minute.

6. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the event, but mimic some of the comments @Marduck has made:

1) Friday event lighting was so poor on BOTH levels (Pulpi and Kraken) that players were using the flashlights on their phones. Not good.
    2) Of the 6 games I played, 2 of them we were unable to finish in time (with one game giving me 2mins for my last turn, and one me not getting getting a 3rd turn but my opponent did!). This was one case of language and one case of slow play, but even giving the Judges warning of the language barrier they were not particularly flexible (with one TO saying we got 2 mins more, then another TO coming past 30secs later saying we had to finish).
    3) Although the location was a little further out than the usual one (15min walk), I found it to be more open, cooler, less crowded and overall a better place for gaming (with the additional shade and sea breeze).

Urobros likes this.
  7. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Quick question: Does anyone know when the pictures from the Warcrow will be uploaded? And where? IP webpage?

ZlaKhon likes this.
  8. tilindir

tilindir New Member

Still no rosters/army lists of participants? Can’t find them anywhere.

indiowan likes this.
  9. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

The list of participants can you find it looking in ITS Events and filter by date, country and region. Yes, they could not to be complete because the last chance players, but it is more o less accurate. In the other hand, if I don't remember wrong, all the lists and players come near to Christmas, with an "interview" of the winner and an explanation of what he used. So, probably this year the dates will be the same.

10. Croepoek

Maybe anyone knows anything?

11. Croepoek

I am guessing there is no chance we see those sweet pictures taken from all the super nice Warcrow contributions? Does anyone maybe know the organizing club, so I could approach them and ask?

12. Marduck

Wasn't it all on the Facebook page ?

Croepoek likes this.
  13. Croepoek

Thanks so much, totally missed that. Bit of an odd way to not link it on the official page :sweat:

14. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

so I guess we're not getting player rosters from Interplanetario?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation