1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Thanks mate! Haven't seen you around the forms of late, good to see you :-)

2. archangeleong

Arslan leads the troops into battle
    Little group shot just for fun.
    [​IMG]

3. archangeleong

INFINITY STARCO: KNAUF
    [​IMG]

Knauf
    The most (in)famous merc in Infinity. I really like this guy, but wasn't as much of a fan of the Dire Foes version compared to the Limited Edition one. Lucky for me I got my hands on the Limited Edition Miniature plus the Outrage manga on ebay for a good price. Part of the fun of starting Infinity has been hunting down all these limited edition miniatures that mostly seem to fall into the Mercs faction. But it's also a bit frustrating that many of the best sculpts are so hard to come by, which makes me really value getting them, but I wouldn't be upset if they became more widely available for all to enjoy.

I painted Knauf in a palette very similar to the studio one. However, whilst I did use the Studio Pano blues, I kept the overall tone darker, so I could more closely match the artwork of Knauf in the Outrage book. I also used this blue combo to differentiate Knauf subtly from my Druze, but also tie him in with my Brawlers and other mercs that may find themselves working for StarCo on occasion. The main difference with Knauf and my Ikari/Druze Mercs is the use of red and blue on Knauf, red being a primary colour of StarCo, and compared to the blue/orange combo I used on the bad guys.

Overall it was a fairly straightforward model to paint. The glowing hexes in the cape were fun to do and I deliberately avoided highlighting the black bits as this detracts from the glow effect. The camo took ages though. Lastly, I had a lot of trouble doing the freehand icon on his shoulder so small and I messed it up many times before it turned out ok. I think my eyes ended up giving out on me and I should have rested more often to avoid this but I wanted to get the Knauf finished in a couple of painting sessions only.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. archangeleong

INFINITY DIRE FOES 8 NOCTURNE: Knauf, Arslan and Susan Harlow
    [​IMG]
    Dire Foes 8: Nocturne
    I very much like all these minis as they all have a lot of character. Replaced the standard Knauf with the Limited one though. Tried to get some contrasting colours in Knauf and Arslan so that they don't look like the same team even though they are both blue. For Susan I still used blue to tie her in with my Merc teams, but also made her different enough to stand apart. Happy with this little set that has pretty much finished off my year in painting and also working on my Mercs/Ikari Co army... Almost.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Modock, Zeidan and 9 others like this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Had a bad case of Real Life kick my ass for a bit, not to mention the church's annual Christmas concerts last weekend. 3x 2hr concerts in two days! I barely had a voice left Sunday night.

You free-handed Knauf's unit badge?!? where's the *anime-explosive nosebleed* emoji when you need one?!?

archangeleong and Oni like this.
  6. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: JETHRO, DRUZE SNIPER
    [​IMG]

Jethro, Druze Sniper
    My last Ikari Co mini for 2019 and for quite a while (Got him done just before the xmas break and haven't touched a paintbrush since). Painted in Ikari/Mercs colours, I was unsure of what camo to do but settled on a surprisingly realistic pattern that includes orange. Hate the red beard on the studio version so was happy to see it in black (like the comic imho). The antagonist to Knauf, this Druze sniper has a tonne of attitude and an axe to grind. He makes a good Druze sniper proxy and expands the Druze team to seven model count (If only CB would update the old models and sculpt those currently missing trooper files...).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old buddies (RIP)
    [​IMG]

Immovable object and Unstoppable Force (Frenimies to the end)
    [​IMG]

Druze Team Ready for Action
    [​IMG]

Same pics at: https://archangelelonginfinitythega...12/infinity-druze-bayram-security-jethro.html

redeemer, Daimeow, volgo and 8 others like this.
  7. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY ARMY
    [​IMG]

Ikari Company Army
    2019 is done and dusted and these guys, my main painting project for the year, are finally finished. Happy to see them in force and nice to see the different applications of blue, orange and white/grey that bind them as a coherent force rather than a hodgepodge of minis that make up a typical Merc army. A couple of profiles are still missing but I'm in no hurry to fill them. Plus a number of units are reinforcements straight from my JSA that I may one day get and paint in dedicated Ikari colors. Happy NY and good luck with your infinity projects in 2020 - I'm looking forward to starting something new :-)

JSA have joined the party
    [​IMG]

More pics at: https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2020/01/infinity-ikari-company-army.html

#427 archangeleong, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  8. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Gorgeous army...a marvelous view.

Golem2God, melkiach and archangeleong like this.
  9. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

It is always very inspiring to see your fantastic minis. I really hope that you have more infinity Projects in the future.

Have a good start in 2020 and please keep up your awesome work :wink:.

Golem2God, archangeleong and melkiach like this.
  10. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

wow, that's quite an army. The global result is stunning, even more when you think each is a painted piece of art in itself.

Golem2God and archangeleong like this.
  11. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY ARMY - UPDATED

- January 01, 2020

[​IMG]
    Ikari Company Army
    2019 is done and dusted and these guys, my main painting project for the year, are finally finished. Happy to see them in force and nice to see the different applications of blue, orange and white/grey that bind them as a coherent force rather than a hodgepodge of minis that make up a typical Merc army. A couple of profiles are still missing but I'm in no hurry to fill them. Plus a number of units are reinforcements straight from my JSA that I may one day get and paint in dedicated Ikari colors. Happy NY and good luck with your infinity projects in 2020 - I'm looking forward to starting something new :-)

JSA have joined the party
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You may notice Saito and Arslan lurking about where they shouldn't. They are just waiting to hijack a bunch of troops for a Druze Sectorial Army (I only need a couple of additional troopers to make this happen...)

IKARI ROLL CALL
    Authorized Bounty Hunters

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bashi Bazouk
    [​IMG]
    Brawlers
    [​IMG]
    Cube Jagar
    [​IMG]
    Keisotsu
    [​IMG]
    Wardriver
    [​IMG]
    Warcor
    [​IMG]
    Armande la Silencieuse (Armand Le Muet)
    [​IMG]
    Yuan Yuan
    [​IMG]
    Fat Yuan Yuan
    [​IMG]
    Druze Shock Team
    [​IMG]
    Al Fasid
    [​IMG]
    Wu Ming Assault Corps
    [​IMG]
    Dronbots
    [​IMG]
    Scarface and Cordelia
    [​IMG]

JSA RONIN ROLL CALL
    Yojimbo

[​IMG]
    Tanko
    [​IMG]
    Daiyoukai Dengekitai
    [​IMG]
    Tachikoma (Yaopu Pangguling)
    [​IMG]
    Ninja
    [​IMG]
    Karakuri (Missing in group shot... How could I forget these killer fembots?)
    [​IMG]

So many units in one little sectorial! More (Krakot, Desperados, Keisotsu special weapons) still to come oneday...

#431 archangeleong, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  12. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that you already have plans for painting in 2020. Looking forward to see what you come up with. Thanks for sharing!

Golem2God and archangeleong like this.
  13. archangeleong

[​IMG]

Yu Jing Invincible army - Starter Pack

So the die is cast. Yu Jing Invincibles are one of my planned projects for the first half 2020 (The 2nd half will be devoted to Defiance). This year I want to do some mini army projects, dabbling in some different factions so that I can work on different colour sets as well as paint up some of my favourite minis from the Infinity range. That said I don't plan on deviating too far from the canon faction colours as I want to have a go at all of the Infinity factions some day and like the fact that they all have their own colours to help them stand apart on the tabletop.

I was keen to paint a yellow army for the first time above all else so I began with the Invincible Starter Army Pack in January. For my own spin on this iconic army I dropped the green and went with grey and blue to complement the yellow better. Enjoying the project so far and I'm not forcing myself to go to hard into collecting the whole army, but just getting key units I like and working on them at my leisure.

14. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Yay, Invincibles! :smiley:

Section9 and archangeleong like this.
  15. archangeleong

Thanks Zapp! I’m joining your ranks :-)

16. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Finally, proper looking troops. It took you a long time, to realise the error of your ways. :grinning:

archangeleong likes this.
  17. archangeleong

lol! It’s strange to now be working on a main faction after all this time. But I was inspired by yourself, Zapp and others on this forum to do Yu Jing next.

Usashi likes this.
  18. Ashtroboy

Ashtroboy Well-Known Member

The karakuri are they converted?

19. archangeleong

Ashtroboy likes this.
  20. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Looks like the Hong Kong Killer Fembots are not on sale anymore, i hope it's just some site reorganization and not discontinuation as i never bought any :sob:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation