1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo.... what's gonna be in Svalarheima?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Mikes, Nov 27, 2019.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So new article on main page confirms that N4 starter will have PanO Vs YuJing which means Shval Vs White Banner is confirmed.

This also means that 90% MO is going the way of ASA.

Judge Dredd likes this.
  2. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Or NCA. It's a hard call to see which is going

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So far MO got their models axed.

On the other hand NCA is similar to Varuna...

4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

My bet is on NCA. We already have Aquila and Swiss in their bad ass profiles for vanilla use. The Uhlan can find a new home, I doubt that it will be discontinued. Starter is outdated, Hexas are old, Auxililias are very old, they even have the ugly combis. Bolts are still unloved. So starter, two boxes and two blisters go away. Not much, but for MO it is the starter and the OS spitfire only.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

If the Military Order presence in PanO was actually represented by Filipino and South American characters rather than being extremely European in flavour then I might accept "but huge amounts of Oceania are heavily Catholic!" but they are not.

Also this idea that NeoChristianity is The Major Religion in PanO because it's so prevalent in the countries that originally made up PanO. By that argument, The Major Religion should be the Hindu faith by far cos there's like, literally a billion Hindus in India. That's more than twice as many people that live in South America. That's more people than are in the rest of the PanO founding nations combined.

Hecaton and kanluwen like this.
  6. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

If they want to take away NCA, then they better damn well take the entirety of NCA away from Vanilla and the stupid Foreign Company too.

The "starter" isn't outdated, by the by. They were lazy when they did it, releasing it as a repackage with the three new Bolt models instead of actually doing a whole starter.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well, or the question about what happened to all the SEA Muslims and Hindus is answered the same way the Turks answer questions about what happened to all the Armenians...

Musterkrux likes this.
  8. kanluwen

Entirely possible, given that CB went out of their way to jam Confederate trash into USARF.

Musterkrux likes this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I don't like Confederate shit in anything but there is an argument that USAriadna holds a bizarrely regressive and strange cultural reflection of the US which is actually pretty much the descendants of the original colonists' ideas about what America is... although no. Just no. Get Confederate shit out.

Anyway I think that background wise PanO does have loads of Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims etc. And presumably loads of Atheists too! Religion being and important part of PanO life is fair enough but it's Christianity Christianity Christianity in terms of the portrayal, which is kind of lame. I mean I've read Endymion too, which is cool, but still, I think that PanO as a culture of highly automated and socially technological Pacific and Indian Ocean hypercorporates on paradise planets is a fantastic cool idea but, like

Not what we get?

Mikes likes this.
  10. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

By my count, assuming everything is on the chopping block, NCA is like seven products, MO is 14. If they need a lot of room for Sval, the MO is the way to go.
    This could change, though, if Sval has a significant MO presence.

11. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

They’ll likely have Hospitallers at a minimum, since Svalarheima is where their HQ is.

Judge Dredd and Golem2God like this.
  12. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Another whole Sectorial cut is delusional.
    The MO stuff is way too new for a cut.
    There's loads of NCA stuff sprinkled into boxes, staple to Vanilla or other Sectorials.

The logistics aren't anywhere close to SAA and FRRM where most of the sculpts were either rare picks or old sculpts with little bleed over onto Vanilla.
    Chasseurs and Tik being the obvious exceptions - but those weren't discontinued for a reason.

13. Hecaton

I think that was much more likely a misreading of political norms from across the pond. It wasn't that long ago that it was more normalized; there were guys wearing Confederate flag belt buckles at my high school, back in the early 2000's. At least some of them were racist twats, sure, but it was normalized as part of the spectrum of political expression.

14. Hecaton

Hindus, yeah, though apparently they don't express themselves politically or in the broader PanO culture. Muslims, not so much, because I think Gutier didn't understand how many Muslims there were in SEA and just wrote the idea that they all converted to Space Catholicism as a footnote.

15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

That will not happen I guess.

Yes I know, basicaly it is a repack. Same like the QK starter. All carry old weapons, except the Bolts. I call that out of date. I doubt, that they will repack the Combi-Bolts again.

I don´t want to say, MO stuff is too new because CB kicked the Acon Starter of the shelfes, but yes I think there is too much new stuff.

NCA got only the two HMG-Elite-HIs and the Locust. I am not sure about him. He is only Vanilla and NCA.
    So you have NCA Starter, Bolts Box, Auxila Box, Hexa Blister and perhaps the Locust. Black Friar is MO too.

Okay MO has the old starter, Spitfire OS, Teutons and maybe the KothS. The rest is to new I think. And - will they realy discontinue a sectorial, that has Joan in it? Many Joans? :innocent:

16. kanluwen

Probably not, because they refuse to commit to anything one way or the other.

The QK starter was all repacks.

Try actually understanding the point that was made:
    The NCA starter? It was a half-cocked product. They took models that they knew people already owned(Hexa, Swiss ML, Aquila MR) and bundled it with what they were billing as THE new hotness for NCA: Bolts. They also had the Bolts available in a triple blister of Combi-Rifles.

It remains, to this day, a product that is hard to call "out of date" since they can't be bothered to actually update those units.

17. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Don't remember if someone noted it but if they cut MO we will have tik in sval, otherwise we will have uhlans
    Or we will have one of these tags without its sectorial' starterf

18. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Using your idea of "new" (ie, the weapons are up-to-date), something like half of the Acon-specific product was new (I'll call it Current)

Old was: Dragoe, Guarda de Assalto, Montesa blister, Kirpal Singh
    Current was: Starter, Bagh Box, Bagh HMG blister, Stephen Rao

And the Akali Spitfire wasn't taken out of production, IIRC. (Neither the Tikbalang, obviously).

Now, IMO, the thing to go will be NCA. We might get a Swiss Missile Launcher resculpt because that has use in Vanilla. I'm half certain the Bolts box will hang around because of it's use in another force (FoCo). The Uhlan will probably see use in Sval (a Camo Tag in that Sectoral makes a degree of sense).

It doesn't open up MUCH space for the new sectoral, but between Fusiliers and Orcs being universal and the Jotum and Nisse already existing, Sval may not need much room.

Alternately, they could tighten up the MO stuff. For example, put Joan, Joan, DeFersen and maybe the FK Spitfire into a box as "MO Champions" or somesuch and that opens up some room.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  19. kanluwen

We already have one of those TAGs without its Sectorial.

Tikbalang was Shock Army. It had literally nothing to do with the Montesas until they ganked SAA.

Frankly, it would have made FAR more sense for the Tikbalang to end up with NCA than Knights getting another TAG.

20. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Yes and I think that both tik and uhlan have nothing to do with svalarheima. But the other option is removing stingray box from store

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation