1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January (D)20(D)20 predictions

Discussion in 'News' started by roobot, Oct 10, 2019.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I think you're right. And I'm also pretty sure it's been longer since neoterra got new models than it has been since military orders did.

2. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Vanguard Officer

I'm with you on this - Knights are an iconic part of Infinity as a whole, and their removal would either lead to Joan being placed in Sval or not being in a sectorial at all. NCA feels very thematically close to vanilla PanO anyway, so I really wouldn't be too suprised about it going away.

3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Knights are only iconic if you ignore literally anything else. Joan's already going to get shoved into Svalarheima, and frankly? The removal of Knights from PanO would be nothing but a GOOD thing. We have Non-Aligned Armies now, a thing that we didn't have when MO were first introduced as a sectorial.

Additionally? NCA "feels very thematically close to vanilla PanO" because they did a poor job actually making sure it kept a unique flavor. When NCA first dropped, it kinda/sorta had flavor--but as time has worn on, they diluted anything unique and interesting and made it "Vanilla, Kinda/Sorta".

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

In the last couple of years several MO units have gotten resculpts (Joan, Magisters, De Fersen, etc). During that same time, NCA has not gotten any new sculpts at all. As far as I can tell, age of sculpts is the best predictor for when a sectorial is going to be taken out of production, in which case it's clearly NCA that's up next for PanO.

5. kanluwen

Shock Army got a brand new starter set and was pretty promptly canned.

The most recent sculpts for NCA are the Locust and the Swiss Guard from Beyond Icestorm.

Age of sculpts is a good indicator certainly, but what throws wrenches in that is the widespread availability. Bolts, for example, are shoveled into the Foreign Company.

6. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

And Uma!!!! :D

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Here we are on January 6th with still no word of what the Dire Foes will do.... Could a poor boy get a belated Christmas present....?

natetehaggresar likes this.
  8. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

Yes, I've already pre-ordered it.

I would really like to know whether I got it for the sake of completion or if I'm actually going to be excited to take the profiles for a spin!

9. kanluwen

Assume "for the sake of completion", and be happily surprised if you actually give a crap to field them?

10. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I pre ordered it too, mostly because I like the Securiate Lady, but yes it make me a bit sad that we got no information. The latest news on the Infinity Website is "how to make a X-Mas Yuan" ... erm ... yeah ... maybe they are too busy sculpting svarlaheima battle box ;-)

11. Forbino1

Forbino1 Well-Known Member

Or they are still on holiday break, and we won't see anything until probably the 8th earliest.

12. kanluwen

The additions to the army roster could be set to be added automatically or via remote.

In any regards, the more appropriate answer is genuinely "They don't think people would buy it if they saw the profiles first".

csjarrat likes this.
  13. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Well tunguska lady is likely to be meh, the starting price for securitate is expensive enough and she's likely to have a bit of bloat. They're a force that already struggles with high cost per unit.

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't know when 13 points started being regarded as expensive, but both Zhuge and Leila turned out quite excellent and their respective base troops are 13 and 12 points respectively. More likely, I'd level the accusation at Securitate for being already at the elevated stats that we expect from Dire Foes style characters, leaving little room for improvement other than more or less dubious equipment and skills, and even so 7-9 points of equipment and skills is broadly speaking a lot of room for great skills and equipment as well as the more dubious ones and Nomads don't tend to get the dubious stuff - I think that at worst you'll be looking at two different hacking devices again, and in any other faction that'd not be a bad thing.

Errhile and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  15. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

In Nomads neither. More hackers, more fun. But she doesn't look like a hacker. I am still curious ...

Mahtamori likes this.
  16. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I don't know why so many people dislike Mary, she looks fine to me. She look like someone infiltrating a base, back to the wall and preparing to peek from a corner. The legs may look a little weird but hear me out. Paint them differently.

17. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

For being a fast tactical uberhacker she's bored af. She has the most rigid pose out-there and that face under hood gives a virgin Mary vibe. Also the turned up pants shoving her cyber legs looks weird.
    Overall she's a total mess. We're talking about a special character here, if she was a line trooper it wouldn't be such big of a deal but...she's not.
    Just look a the new majestic Kusanagi. Static mini done perfectly...jaw dropping miniature.

#297 Modock, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Dr.Dressler and emperorsaistone like this.
  18. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

The face really has Nothing to do with anything. Being called Mary "Problems" doesn't mean she has to be some messed up punk teenager with weird makeup and scars. The pose is Nothing special, but it's Nothing horrible either. Again, try to imagine her in a place instead of on a blank canvas. And the legs can EASILY be turned into boots or full cybernetic legs by simply matching the shoots and legs colors.

I think it's a huge fuss over nothing. Not every mini can be super amazingly awesome.

Florian Hanke likes this.
  19. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Why are you trying to convince me how I see her and please don't put words in my mouth. The pose is the biggest culprit. Like I said she's a special char not like every other mini.

Dr.Dressler likes this.
  20. Dr.Dressler

Dr.Dressler Active Member

Totally understand you Modock. I buy Infinity Models for their looks and Mary...
    I have to say I got everything Tunguska so far, half of it painted. Mary won't be part of my collection.
    Every single securitate so far looks better than her. Will have to come up with a conversion I guess.

Modock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation