1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ramah beginning list help

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Briaros6, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Briaros6

Briaros6 Active Member

Hey all, I’m looking to put together 300 points for my wife to play casually at the flgs and she’s shown interest in Ramah. If we get her the starter set, support pack, Jannissaries, and Al Fasid what else would we need to round out a playable list and what might it look like? We’ve checked the guide and a few other threads but got lost in the info...

2. Grotnib

Grotnib Well-Known Member

Hey there!

Sheesh, I tried making a list with the models you listed and it ended up being way over 300pts! :(

Ramah isn't really known for it's heavy infantry, though I do have a soft spot for the al Fasid. Could you be persuaded to drop the janissaries? They aren't that great to be honest, and they eat up the core option of the list... Personally I would suggest getting the ghulam and/or naffatun boxes and the khawarij box instead. As ghulams, naffatuns and khawarijs can be mixed into a core fiream this would give your wife a wide array of possibilities to choose from once she gets a feel on the army. If she finds that she needs more long range firepower, throw in the HRL khawarij or HMG ghulam. If she struggles against camo/odd, drop in the mk12 khawarij or if she's feeling aggressive, even shell out the points to built a haris around the rifle model. Oh, and naffatuns are one of the better lieutenant options in the faction (unless you go crazy like me and run zhayedan LT + chain of command khawarij).

Models in Ramah tend to be expensive, could you give a vague idea what you absolutely want in the list and then we could try and build something around that?

3. Briaros6

Briaros6 Active Member

I’m certain she can be convinced to run with whatever is put in front of her. Right now it’s matter of getting used to playing in the local meta which is all about the new players and we’ve got just about every major faction being played by someone in the group. This will also provide me another option when she’s not wanting to play and I’m not feeling JSA that day.

4. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think you could make a few variations to what you want. The starter set and support box is an alright start. Branching from there, probably the Khawarij box, Tariq, Naffutan, Nahab box, Ghulam SWC box, and maybe some remote boxes?

I think Khawarij box is a lot more unique and fun than the Jannisary box.

If you really like Jannisaries, I would look at QK.

What makes Jannisaries unique in RTF is the fact a lot of other units can join them: Hortlaks, Namurr, Leila, Tariq, and Wild Bill.

5. Briaros6

Briaros6 Active Member

Possibly looking at something like this?

Starter Ramah
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    FASID HMG + (Smoke and Normal) Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)
    SHAYTANIYAH REMOTE (Fireteam: Duo) Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    GHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
    GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    NAFFATÛN Lieutenant Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    KHAWARIJ (Chain of Command, Fatality L1) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 32)
    KHAWARIJ (Fatality L1, Multispectral Visor L2) Mk12 / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 36)
    KHAWARIJ Rifle + Light Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 27)
    NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

6 SWC | 295 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. Terrenor

Terrenor Active Member

Hi,

If your wife has no problem with proxys I would think about something like this

Ramah super baseline──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 GHULAM (NCO) Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 16) GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12) GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13) LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20) GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16) FASID HMG + (Smoke and Normal) Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53) KHAWARIJ Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 28) KHAWARIJ (Fatality L1, Multispectral Visor L2) Mk12 / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 36) KHAWARIJ (Fireteam: Haris, NCO) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 30) MUKHTAR (Multispectral Visor L2) Red Fury, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 37)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17) NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3) NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3) FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) 6 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

The tuareg sniper is a realy good proxy for leila, I for myself would not buy the 40 € dire foe pack to get the original leila.
    The zhayedan is a realy good mukhtar especially there is no mukhtar mini available.
    Additionaly to the starter you would need the Al Fasid, the khawarij box, the suport box and the REM Box.
    The list has no realy good ARO pieces but I think this is ramahs main weakness.
    With die Ghulam NCO and the Al fasid you have two sorces of smoke the mukhtar and the khawarij M12 can build on.

Have fun with ramah!

#6 Terrenor, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  7. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

To be fair, Jans can also be joined by a number of different units, maybe less varied, but what's important is that they are less expensive than Jans proper.

8. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Funny thing is, you can take a whole fireteam of Jann's without a single regular Jann.

Leila, Tarik, Wild Bill, Hortlak, and Namurr.

9. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

you need at least 1 jann's because is the only one that got the core rule.

10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Fireteam: Core is still not a skill, merely a reminder in Army.
    There was some FAQ on that IIRC, but I don't remember which cases it covers and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

11. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

To form a fireteam, you have to have atleast one member from the actual core itself.

Aka you can’t have 5 wildcards in a link, like the old “Zuyong” Dashat link of 1 rui shi+ 4 ABH.

However, both the Hortlaks and Wild Bill count as Jannisaries as opposed to being Wildcards.

Barrogh, Xeurian and emperorsaistone like this.
  12. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Hortlak counts as a Janissary, which satisfies the requirement.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation