1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White banner

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Khalipo, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

I would prefer Blue Wolf definitely wouldn't be just renamed Guija, but something like S7/S4 Mechanical Transmutation MOV 6-4/8-6 TAG (or – o-lo-lo, PanO! – S7/S4 Remote Presence Heavyweight HI) with something like AP Spitfire + Large DTF (preferably EM/2 or Glue, but HFT is fine too :smiling_imp:) + BS 14 in a humangoes ;-) and CC 22 in a wolf form. AND Holo lvl 2. Why, all my REMs are exactly what they are looking like, we Tiandians do not cheat each other! (except one of us is a Svalarheiman...)

#61 Ariwch, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yeah, it seems to be a matter of design philosophy. Varuna in particular looked like "What cool stuff can we put in here to make PanO players happy?" whereas IA was a begrudging "Ok, we have to put this sectorial out but don't make it too powerful or fun. If people want to have fun with Tactical Awareness they can play Dashat."

the huanglong likes this.
  3. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a legged tankette, I loved the execution of the new aleph 2w remote so I would be happy with anything in between the two.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I agree and disagree. I talked with Carlos at Adepticon last year and asked about Zhencha being in there and it wasn't shown in the preview. He said they were making changes up to the point of publishing. So I'm not sure they had Dahshat in mind before IA, however, it does show how they were rushing things if they were making changes at the minute. Also, probably not play testing.

Dragonstriker and Mahtamori like this.
  5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Wonderful. And with no transparency as well.

the huanglong likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

What company do you know that is? He at least answered my question and was honest about it. Some of that is my speculation too.

Savnock and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be really cool and fitting.

Remember, the original design brief for White Banner was N2-style Yu Jing army lists, lots of poorly trained light infantry.

Hopefully this has changed somewhat.

So, an even bigger Su Jian with Holo2?

That'd be evil incarnate. I like it! :smiling_imp: (I might go for S6/S3 MechTrans to make it a lighter TAG, but S7/S4 is also reasonable)

Savnock likes this.
  8. Khalipo

Khalipo Well-Known Member

I would love to see it as a transmutating cc tag, with spitfire or something..

9. Space Ranger

I'd like a smaller version so the Su-Jian to sort of replace the Karakuri. But a transforming TAG would be awesome too.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Until Total Immunity gets brought back to reason, I don't want anything sort of replacing the Karakuri.

Savnock and darthchapswag like this.
  11. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

The problem with the White Banner is that it's supposed to be the old school Yu-Jing army, mostly outdated units from before Yu-jing's military decided TAGs were overrated and Heavy Infantry was the bees knees, which led to the Invincible Army programm and new high-tech stuff like the Su-Jian.
    So I'm sorry but while a transforming TAG would be super cool, it wouldn't make sense lorewise since the unit existed since before Yu-jing had the technology to do it, and now that it has the technology it isn't into TAGs anymore and Banners are old stuff anyway.
    I'm expecting the Blue Wolf to either be a special Guijia squadron, like varuna squalo/ORCs, or an old smaller TAG like the Gecko, but definitely nothing high tech.

I think that, at best, we might end-up with a "modernizing" banner army, including some new units alongside the old ones, like zhenchas, maybe even some zuyongs since in the far future the Invincible Army will supposedly replace banners armies.

On zhanshis: their lore say they have better CQB training than most other factions standard infantry trooper, which in game translates to the dreaded CC tax. However CQB isn't just stabbing and punching, it's also using shotguns and pistols. So maybe zhanshis should get fancier pistols, and/or some shotguns profiles? I'd love a boarding shotgun + forward obs profile like the celestial guards.

Dragonstriker, Myomer and Golem2God like this.
  12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

If this Blue Wolf TAGs hunt in packs, it would be nice to get a box like Gecko/Overdrones. I would be happy to get at least a second TAG for YJ lore or not. We lost one, so give us one back (or two small ones).

I doubt Zhanshis getting something that has to be displayed visualy on the model like a new weapon option. And CG already has the BSG/FO (unfortunatly without a (new/availably) model) Profile. And we got a FO in the paintbox already. That makes me wonder what linetroops will be in the svarlaheima box. Zhanshis already in the starter box. A new starter, so soon? Same for the Pan O side.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Gecko size little TAG, with either FTO duo options or Holo 2 would be super interesting yes (and I wouldn't say holo 2 is especially high tech considering haqqis unit like bashi bazouk)

#73 Sedral, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a more Backwater-Dump-Jury-Rig-Engineering kind of upgrades on existing concepts. Like a new HI unit based off of a modified Wu Ming chassi made for skirmishing work to either make for a low-grade ODD HI (I'm thinking a BS 12 Omega here) or a camouflage HI (no infiltration)? Maybe they took their Guijia's and re-built the cockpit to be able to slap in a Weibing instead of a pilot to acquire a shoddy version of Ghost: Remote Presence (i.e. downgraded stats) so that it can be aerially inserted (maybe dropship, maybe artillery cannon)? What if they were issued a bunch of Karakuri pre-uprising (we know there was a significant JSA presence there) that they were able to deactivate and recommission (I'm not saying straight up Karakuri, I'm saying something that somewhat resembles Karakuri in shape)?
    Speaking of, what happened to the JSA there?

Savnock likes this.
  15. Omni

Omni New Member

I am personally hoping for more traditional kind of army, bit more on the low tech side and more focused on warbands/irregulars&skrimishers&Tigers, and more focused on LI/MIs than fancy HIs, which due to their problems in game I'm getting tired of. Lots of camos, tricks, playstyle bit closer in general idea to Ariadna/Haqq than what we know, while still being different.
    I also wish WB is the kind of army that can fill 2 combat groups with ease. CAuse what's the fun in playing the army that can't, really?

16. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Same as everywhere other than Kuramori. PanO/O-12 mandated ceasefire and independence, AFAIK.

17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

JSA on Svalarheima didn't have civilians there, Yu Jing are there as usurpers/late comers. The JSA were, if memory serves, an auxiliary attachment mostly containing JSA troops that kind of were there as a punishment. Second hand lore, mind you, so imperfect to say the least.

18. Space Ranger

Sorry but i don't know of this anywhere in the background. You have one of the most important worlds, besides the capital, in your empire and you are going to just have your old, least important troops there? The resources on the the planet, Teseum, are way to important for that. Especially when you have a neighbor that wants you off of there. YJ is essentially gone for squatters rights and now have to try to keep it. You are not going to do that by having old clunky stuff. Especially when you are fighting one of the most technologically advanced powers.

Savnock and Bohrdog like this.
  19. Yinsania

Yinsania айхаас хэт галзуурсан

I want Ghengis Khan and a motorized troop called Mangudai

20. Space Ranger

Well, i don't expect or want a copy-paste of the Karakuri. I'm just saying a smaller version of the Su-Jian. Transforms, Remote presence, fast.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation