1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convince Me

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Ibn_Sina, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Ibn_Sina

Ibn_Sina New Member

Good Day Commanders of The Sword of Allah. New Player here stuck between Haqqislam, Nomads and Combined Army.
    Nomads: I like their models and how they fight not so much why they fight.
    Combined Army: Like their Models no experience playing them don't like why they fight
    Haqqislam: I like their models no experience playing them but I do like why they fight

Can you convince me that The Search of Knowledge and Wisdom is the Direction to go?

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Faction playstyles are becoming less distinct over time, anyway. Maybe that'll change in N4, but on the whole I don't think you'll find a huge difference between those three factions. In support of Haqq, I give you Fiday, Saladin, Maggie, Mutt, Mukhtar. The first two are fun; the last three are debatably fun, but undebatably will win you games.

Also our models are the best, except for the stupid Hassassin motocycle helmets / football shoulder pads. Mukhtar look dumb but you can proxy with an Odalisque.

3. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Do you have a source for a Mukhtar miniature pic or render? All I can find is the promotional pic - and I like that pic. But I haven't seen anything of the real miniature

Xeurian likes this.
  4. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I think it's a highly debatable claim.

I second the point above, there are no minis of them yet as far as I'm aware. Their concepts are... underwhelming in a way.

I, for one, am a fan of our motorcycle helmets :P

Urobros likes this.
  5. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Heh, my attempt at a controversial post has succeeded :-)

I haven't seen any Mukhtar renders. I'm assuming they'll look like the dossier art, i.e. dumb. Who puts a hood on a motorcycle jacket??

6. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Superheroes

yoink101, Solar, Xeurian and 3 others like this.
  7. VicBanjo

VicBanjo Máster of Kaboom

Haqqislam will make you think how to deal with a somehow superior adversary: better at shooting, better at hacking, better at CC, more CAMO, better Remotes. This play style towards "unbalanced" matches will exercise the "tactical awareness" muscle heavily on you. How to deploy better, better map awareness and maybe better armies knowledge as you must be prepared to play against everyone.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

Like VicBanjo said. It is the most challenging but fun way to play infinity. For me, no other faction combines so many cool miniatures, so much space to run them and the need to be a good player as Haqqislam does. And of course you have the unique flavour of our forces and community! If you need an other point: Loosing one trooper in Haqqislam most of the time is part of your plan, while it hurts in other factions.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

The Haqq forum (here) is probably one of the better groups. So, that's a thing.

bladerunner_35 and Errhile like this.
  10. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

- Great Irregular Units
    - Underbarrel Shotguns everywhere
    - Best Doctors in the game
    - Plenty of toolkit units for (almost) every situation
    - Damn cool visors on Hassassins!
    - You can get a legal bike-only 3 group list, if you insist!
    - We got supersoldiers
    - Troll the hell out of your opponents with Holoprojectors!

11. LoganGarnett

If someone told me this before I bought my first Hassassin box, I'd have though, "Ok, maybe Haqqislam is not the best choice for starting this game, this sounds a lot like New Game+ or something." ;)

12. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

I've played quite a bit of CA last year (Vanilla, Onyx, and Morat) They are definitely an Elite army and having a bad day rolling the die will hurt you quickly.

I haven't touched Nomads as while I like all the Hacking and Tech they represent a society that I think will implode on itself eventually. Though down the line I may give them a try.

For 2020, I am a new picking up Haqq. I fell into it while trying to get into Dahshat Company, but the Haqq models sucked me in. I am starting with Hassassin Bahram instead of play Vanilla because I like Sectorial fireteams (a Muyib Fireteam with 3 X-Visor Heavy rocket Launchers has be stoked) and HB seemed to be focused on mechanics/tactics that I have no experience using or am weak.

It also helps that CB has been hinting at 2020 being the year of Haqq on Facebook, which means that the next book will probably bolster the faction quite a bit.

LoganGarnett likes this.
  13. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

If "2019, the year of Tohaa" is anything to go by, it's time to mothball Haqq :P

Seriously though, 2018/2019 were rather eventful for Haqq. I don't think we need a ton more attention than we generally get.

Ariwch likes this.
  14. LoganGarnett

Yeah, we got lots of stuff these years. Can't imagine getting even more. What would that be anyway? Khanate or whatever is the Kums' place called?

Errhile and Barrogh like this.
  15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Yup, we need Ramah (Muktar & Monstrucker, plus maybe some not-yet-released loadouts like Namurr Spitfire) to be fleshed out in metal, and maybe some Hassasin & QK resculpts (at least where the troops weren't discontinued to keep the SKU in check...).
    Apart from that, I'd say we're good.

16. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

We need Asariwas sculpts too

17. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I prefer the old look honestly... But yes, we have yet to see a boarding shotgun Asawira.

Urobros likes this.
  18. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

I may have mis-interpretted the "Guess the Year" posts that Infinity's FB group keeps posting cause as soon as I posted my comment i saw one from a completely different faction. So should probably scratch that one.

19. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

Yeah, the old and more elegant design is better, but we don't have one with ap rifle too, right? Would be really nice to use all that AVA4 some day...

20. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

We do and it's quite a fun one at that:

[​IMG]

Urobros and HardDisk like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation