1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lieutenant BEG, reporting for Duty

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by MikeS1173, Dec 23, 2019.

1. MikeS1173

MikeS1173 Well-Known Member

Please share any advice for using Kasym Beg as my Lieutenant.

I see him as having three orders: regular, LT, and impetuous. And fast and sort of dangerous. Is he a missile to charge forward knowing I have Chain of Command Farzan to cover his inevitable death?

Or do I keep him prone on a roof, and if someone goes LT hunting, Kasym might prove a tough nut to crack. Here the benefit might just be +1SWC, and given I don't usually feel SWC constrained in Haqq anyway.

I'd love a sample list where he'll shine...

Thanks

2. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

If you really want to take Beg, you need to go all out. The board is yours, take it and own it. Take other Kums and Nazarova Twins and smoke the area. Get your Halqas, Hawwa and Hunzakuts to have full control of the midfield. Fiday to get rid of potential ARO threats. Than Kasym and Twins would get to the fun part.

Haqqislam──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]4
    KASYM BEG Lieutenant (Regular, Impetuous) Chain Rifle, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (+1 | 26)
    ZAMIRA Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 15)
    ZULEYKA 2 Light Flamethrowers, Smoke Grenades / 2 Breaker Pistols, DA CCW. (0 | 14)
    KUM Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 10)
    HALQA (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    HALQA Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 16)
    HALQA Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 16)
    HALQA Doctor Plus (Medikit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    FARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    HAWWA' Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    SHIHAB REMOTE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    4.5 SWC | 300 Points

3. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've never used Kasym as a LT, even though he's one of my favourite characters in Haqqislam. He's a beast, a killer, a ravager, but also he can be a very tactical, cunning soldier - depending on what you want him to be. Having normal Impetuous over the Extreme is much more reliable and I highly recommend trying him.
    And also his miniature is super cool ;)
    But as a LT? Don't really see to much bonuses of it. Rather would prefer to take Tarik for this +1 SWC (and I did that once in a 350pts YAMS tournament to take all 4 Fat Big Guys - all the available AzRa'ils and Al'Fassids and it was quite a fun ;) ).

About the army list above - sorry for nagging, but to be honest I wouldn't recommend it.
    It only has 10 orders scattered in two groups, while there are many units that needs orders to work - like the Kum Riders, the Fiday. There's to many irregular guys, and the regular ones - Halqa - are put closer to enemy so they can be killed easier (?). It's hard to build heavy irregular list that can work - for me that's not this one.
    With such big amount of smoke there's literally no unit that can attack from it (there should be some Djanbazan / Mukhtar, or even Khawarij). Kasym works great with units with MSV2.
    And you have 7 SWC to use, but used only 4.5. So not taking the advantage of Kasym LT.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

4. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Okay, perhaps list building isn't my thing.

5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I don't think you can deploy him dismounted, which makes this plan a little tough to execute. Basically, you go first and use an order to dismount in a prone state? I dunno.

Also, unlinked model with nothing special in its arsenal is definitely not a tough nut to crack.

6. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

I tried him a couple of times as a Lieutanant, but in the end the +1 SWC and the extra order for him arent worth 10 points more and the need for a CoC.
    He is so fast, that you usually do not need the additional order and like you said, most of the time the SWC are not an issue.

He is a tool for some mission objectives or assassinations and that will bring him into dangerous situations most of the time. So thats not a good place for a Lieutanant to begin with. And his weaponry doesnt help him to stay alive either. Its all one die or none apart from the pistol.

So my recommendation is, use the irregular profile and use the 10 spare points for another 8 point bot. Gives you one regular order more that anybody can use and some utility on top of that.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation