1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hackable camo markers and cybermines

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by FinalForm74, Dec 23, 2019.

1. FinalForm74

FinalForm74 Two frogs, one dog

My hackable Camo/TO marker walks in zoc of cybermine. Cybermine needs to know is it hackable. This is closed information.
    What happens next and do we have any faq/rules solving this problem?

2. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

The Hackable Characteristic and any Hacking Devices the trooper has are considered Open Information.

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

That's not true for Camo and Hiding markers; although it is almost true for Holo Echoes (it's open information what Hacking programs will affect the Trooper not what Hacking Devices they have).

What needs to happen is:
    A) the player owning the cybermine says "this Camo marker hides a Cybermine so if your marker is Hackable or a Hacker the mine will trigger, does the mine trigger?"
    B) the player who doesn't own the Cybermine says "Yes" or "No"

Or some variation of that interaction.

The player who doesn't own the Cybermine isn't required to reveal private information, they're just required to reveal the outcome of the interaction of that private information.

The same is true if I am playing Bakunin and infiltrate a Camo Marker over the half way. If I roll a 15 I'm required to tell my opponent that it was a success. I'm not obliged to tell my opponent that it was only a success because I was using Superior Infiltration and therefore that that marker conceals Bran. But a savvy opponent will know.

#3 inane.imp, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    FinalForm74 likes this.
  4. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I do not believe any trooper in the game has access to minelayer and cybermines.

It should be really easy to remember the game state once a mine has been placed and both player could easily remind each other when a enemy marker enters the trigger area to confirm with the camo trooper’s owner if their trooper triggers it or not.

5. inane.imp

Nomad Spec Ops IIRC. But triggering isn't optional so you have to ask if the trooper is under the template, just like you need to place the template if it looks like the trooper is in the trigger area.

FinalForm74 and Diphoration like this.
  6. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Oh yeah, the triggering isn't optional, but it doesn't trigger on non-hackable camo. And the fact that cybermines are never really private information (other than the spec ops) it should always be really easy to keep the game state clear.

We always know wether a camo marker is a cybermine or not, so outside of the spec ops example, player will never have the akward scenario of having to give away private information to get private information. Otherwise we'd get situations like the following.
    "If this camo marker is a hacker or Hackable my camo marker will trigger" (which would give away the info that the marker is a cybermine for free if the enemy marker was not a hacker / Hackable) for example.

7. inane.imp

It's possible to play 'one of these mines is a Cybermine, one of these is not' games in Nomads with Spec Ops.

This lasts until something enters the trigger area.[​IMG]

Which is why, when a Camo Marker enters the Trigger Area of a Cybermine the owning player needs to go "this will only trigger if". This is the only way it can work.

#7 inane.imp, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    FinalForm74 and Diphoration like this.
  8. FinalForm74

FinalForm74 Two frogs, one dog

Laxemee has cybermines and minelayer at the same time

Diphoration and MattB89 like this.
  9. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Was this altered from the FAQ information?

Q: How do Holoprojectors interact with Hacking?
    A: In Holoprojector L1 state the Hackable Characteristic and any Hacking Devices the trooper has are considered Open Information when the trooper is inside the opponent’s Hacking Area.

10. inane.imp

Because I forgot that they wrote the FAQ that way. It's more liberal than anyone was arguing for (all the rules previously required was to know what Hacking Programs would work ie. To Brainblast a Kanren I don't need to know if it's a KHD Kanren or an AHD Kanren, just that it's a Hacker).

It's still not true of Camo markers though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation