1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk shop

Discussion in 'O-12' started by MikeTheScrivener, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

They have a Repeater. Overclock them both.

Goonhammer and ZlaKhon like this.
  2. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

2x Red Fury Sirius Teams. (Omega FO DT and Liaison). Baggage Bot to reload MadTraps
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    ALPHA Lieutenant (Strategos L2) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    OMEGA (Forward Observer) MULTI Rifle + Heavy Riotstopper / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 46)
    EPSILON HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    SIRIUS Red Fury + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
    [​IMG] SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    SIRIUS Red Fury + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
    [​IMG] SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    CYBERGHOSTS Hacker(Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 26)
    GANGBUSTER Combi Rifle + Light Riotstopper, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    GANGBUSTER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    KYTTÄ Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    KYTTÄ Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2
    LAMBDA Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    VARANGIAN Light Shotgun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    VARANGIAN Light Shotgun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    FUZZBOT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    4 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Agree wholeheartedly, Sirius teams are nutso. You almost want to double down on the Red Fury profile and take two of them since they own so hard. They are the big brothers (sisters?) to the N2 horrors that was Neoterra Auxilia spam.

The best use for the Omega isn't intended as a HMG platform, given that you have the Epilson and plentiful smoke (and white noise which the Sirius can exploit) for HMG/mid range gunfights. His best use is as a hyper (relatively) durable Datatracker + Liason combo that also allows him to lean on his relatively high WIP and Elite status.

Whenever you take Gangbusters you should always take a Baggage bot so you can first order drop the Madtraps around the the Alpha, reload then go. It's a trick that Yu Jing often does and the Combi Gangbuster adds some nice range variety.

thirteenpixels likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

'That Army list is really amazing.' Zaphod said. 'That Army List really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it.'
    A marvelous presidential quote, absolutely true to form.

I'm wondering, though, whether Cho might not be a better LT, allowing a re-grade of one of the Kyttä to a Millicent (while staying in the Tactical Window format)

4. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Took this list to a 3 round tournament last weekend and was crushed. Opponents were playing shasvastii, shasvastii, and ia yujing.

0-12 List 1──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2 SIRIUS Red Fury + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29) [​IMG] SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5) GAMMA Feuerbach / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 58) EPSILON HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30) DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21) VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12) VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12) ALPHA Lieutenant (Strategos L2) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 26) KYTTÄ Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) KYTTÄ Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) GANGBUSTER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1 GANGBUSTER Combi Rifle + Light Riotstopper, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23) LAMBDA Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16) YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3) YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3) WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3) CYBERGHOSTS Hacker(Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 26) 5.5 SWC | 299 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

Lessons learned:
    -army is even more fragile than I thought. Everything was a glass cannon and while the damage output was great, when it wasn’t my turn my whole army died. Without mines and defensive options, it’s going to be rough against shasvastii and the other fatality/hi pain train lists
    - glue is good, but has to be committed to. You need multiple expendable troops with glue to utilize it effectively and that means leaving a lot of big guns at home. Not sure it’s a playstyle I’d enjoy.

- Sirius team is an auto-include unit for the army. The red fury with a repeater to cast white noise was invaluable to hunting down enemy visors.

-The epsilon is great at bullying non-msv units with the help of Varangian smoke, but against other msv aro snipers, it isn’t the best. The lack of camo state really hurts it. Lots of albedo now in game too. Not the ARO piece I was hoping for.

-Gamma also not an aro piece.

-Dakini HMG is probably going to be taken out of my lists soon. The cheap cost is not worth it. Without link bonuses, was outshot every time. Total reaction remote would have been better.

#124 Jason839, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  5. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Thanks for sharing. It is interesting that your list is very similar to something I would run, but we come to very different conclusions.

E.g. my army usually doesn’t take much damage, especially not on turn one where the mad traps and Sirius bots provide a nice speed bump.
    Epsilon HMG is super prepared to take down any sniper with very few exceptions (only linked Kamau comes to mind) in my experience.
    Gamma Feuerbach works well as an Aro piece for oblique lanes, just don’t expose him to stuff that can take him down directly from the enemy DZ.
    Dakini HMG performs as well as in Vanilla Aleph for me. Mimetic 6-4 HMG typically hitting on 14s when buffed is still great. Not sure why I‘d want to trade that for a TR bot unless the mission really wants area denial.

Maybe you can share a bit more on how you use these units and what went wrong in your games?

6. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Sure. All 3 games I deployed with the gangbusters and madtraps up towards the middle of the board on the flanks to suppress any advancing troops. Team sirius deployed in the middle of the board in good spitfire range and to make good defensive aro hacking if anything gets too close. Varingians deployed behind lof blocking terrain towards the middle of my deployment zone and the epsilon for smoke shenanigans. Gamma deployed on one side of the deployment zone with the best long range firelane, dakini hmg deployed on the opposite side of the deployment zone in a position to guard my alpha, while the eplison would set up somewhere high towards the middle of the deployement to make best use of mvs2 and his hmg. This deployment has worked for me in the past and seems to provide difficult aros and speedbumps as you mentioned.

Rounds 1 and 2 my shasvastii opponent got to go first. They ran their sacrificial taigha creatures to trigger the madtraps, and then began hunting my units 1 by 1 with gwailos and 5 man sheskiin link teams. Without the ability to go first, I wasnt able to leverage the firepower my guys can put out against them, and with albedos shutting down the epsilon, the other 0-12 guys were outshot. I lost most of my army before i ever got a turn.

Round 3 I got to go first, and did a good amount of damage to the IA players forces, but was unable to cripple his hi 5 man link. With NCO and tactical awareness spam, his pain train still had about 10 orders to charge across the board and outshoot my units. They were able to kill all my big guns that turn, and in the following turns my remaining troops could not finish the link off.

5 man pain train lists seem very difficult for 0-12 to beat unless we go first. In my nomads for example, I dont care. All my zeros and morlocks are cheap and expendable. I am able to force my opponent to waste his entire turn just to get out of the delployment zone, slowing down the enemy and making life annoying. In o-12, everything is expensive, and losing a single piece hurts. Especially a big gun as we dont have link teams to pump up our little guys yet. This hurts a lot.

7. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thats interesting, O-12 never seemed to struggle that much against HI Links to me.
    • Siruis Bots are basically the antithesis of HI Links
    • Fuzzbots, Warcors, Dakini and ABH are all inexpensive and reliable defensive AROs
    • Varangian, Kendrat, Monstruckers are of course all-star warbands
    • Gang Busters and Razor can both bring mines/Mad Traps into position with minimal risk
    • Hackers and Repeaters are both readily available to bring area deterrence to bear.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

For me the big anti-HI link weapon is the Lynx MSR. Typically a Lynx can outrange a HI link HMG or get within their ML optimum range, and then the negative mods stack up. It's an active turn weapon but it cleans em out for sure. Reactively we don't have anything that amazing outside of the Gangbusters and Gamma, but both of those are pretty solid.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation