1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jelena Kovac proxy Mary Problems?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ibn_Sina, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Ibn_Sina

Ibn_Sina New Member

Who here thinks Jelena Kovac from Dire Foes 9 makes a better representation for Mary Problems?

2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I think it could work. Though isn't Mary supposed to be from the same Baker St. module as Uhuha from the Outrage Manga? Then her model would make sense from a lore standpoint.

Bors likes this.
  3. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

I'll reserve judgement for the Mary sculpt until I have seen it either with a different paint job or in person.

I'd say though use whatever you want as a proxy, but just be aware some players regard in-faction proxies as problematic. In the high speed play of competitive events it is easy for your opponent to assume that you were actually playing Kovac and not Mary; even if you have explained the proxy before the game. The familiarity of the unit in the correct context can cause some confusion as we become accustomed to knowing the model's threat profile on visual recognition. Personally, if there aren't many proxies I won't have an issue with it, but it can still be an issue for some players.

With Tunguska, I have been forced to use some proxies to play the complete faction. I have been using Dart Optimate Huntress for Mary, and I am disinclined to switch to this new Mary model as mine was professionally painted with the rest of the faction. Especially because I'm unsure if I even like the Mary model at this point.

#3 jfunkd, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Guardian and Golem2God like this.
  4. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

That may be but I really don't want child soldiers in my army. To me "Tactical Uber Hacker" sounds like a Shadowrun decker so I'm going that direction with the female Strelok and an arm swap. Pistol to be painted like a tazer for the zapper and I'll probably throw an antenna on the backpack to represent comms gear.

Goonhammer and Golem2God like this.
  5. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

You already do.

6. Golem2God

The beauty of Wargaming is being able to write your own story within the lore and proxy to match it. So @Civilized Barbarian just needs to convert or change the model and then, Wa-la!, problem solved. There is nothing you can do on a larger lore standpoint but at least your own force of (insert faction here) is of your own imagination.
    I can see that. If you are successful let us in the forums see your work. Perhaps post a picture here and in the Conversion thread in the Miniatures section of the site.

7. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

Will do! Unfortunately I hobby at the speed of snail so we'll see if it ever gets done. Still need to finish my Tactical Muppets conversion first.

Golem2God, Tourniquet and Goonhammer like this.
  8. Golem2God

Sounds like it will be worth the wait. But we might be related somehow since I've too been a bad procrastinator as of late.

9. Darkinga

Darkinga Nómada Nómada

I think better whit laxmee

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I like Jelena's mini, and rules wise is useful, so I will not use her as proxy. Mine will be the ryuken 9 motoko with a bit of conversion

Bors and Golem2God like this.
  11. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

After having finished Jelena yesterday, I think I like my Mary more than Jelena :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Could be my painting skills, but Jelena looks more like a dude. And for Mary I used the idea someone around here had and put a wall behind her. So from the "front" of the base she is not seen at all, just the wall and from the back she is standing behind the wall, waiting to peek around and shoot someone. I think this is working pretty well.

So .. I like Mary as Mary :grinning:

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

I think Andromeda or Scylla are a lot better as Mary Problems then Jelena Kovazc... or Mary Probles.
    Mary Problems looks for me like young Securitate with shorts and hoodie. Or like Securitate Medic.
    She should look next to Securitate like Zoe looks next to the Moderators.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Funnily that's exactly how she is supposed to look. She is young and she looks young. She is no veteran like Zoe.

14. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

Maybe she is young, but she isn't Securitstr like Jelena. She should look like a little anarchistic ganger-hacker with some cyberlegs. more like Corregidor Bandit hacker.
    I like her shorts and hoodie but overall effect is just borring. Maybe I'll mix Mery and Bandit Girl.

15. Darkinga

Darkinga Nómada Nómada

The Problem with mary problems is the Posse and Sculpt, No the outfit.

Armihaul likes this.
  16. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

It's main part of a problem. Yes. The pose and ugly, simplified "cyber legs in shorts". She is very static, but Scylla also isn't the most dynamic model, but looks a lot better.
    And another think - Mery doesn't look like hacker. She have no visor and don't make "hacking gesture". She is just standing girl with two pistols.

Darkinga and Golem2God like this.
  17. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

mary has a lot of problems. Those kind of poses need extra work to make them meaningfull, like the wall behind her. She is a hacker, but is portraying like a gunslinger? Not hacking pose, not using her hacker devide or pitchers, not an "hyperdinamics" pose, just waiting to do a shotty scene?. Also, the execution of the sculpt is not the best from CB, the cyberimplants on the legs look rushed and too simple. The painting doesn't help into that matter. Uhahu has also an static pose, and is even more "child", but as a miniature is way better sculpted and her implants are better shown, even if its an older sculpt.

#17 Armihaul, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Flipswitch, Darkinga, Modock and 2 others like this.
  18. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I think the main problem with using Jelena as a Mary proxy in a Tunguska army is it could be confusing because they are both valid choices. Not the biggest deal if you are clear about it, but a model from a different army makes a clearer proxy IMHO. Like maybe the Bandit hacker would work, or as mentioned Andromeda with a little conversion.

inane.imp, Bors and Armihaul like this.
  19. Penemue

Penemue Watcher
    Warcor

I've seen someone use Jelena as "Calamity Jane" i.e. Wild Bill proxy.

Not 100% related to Mary, but hey :)

Hachiman Taro and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation