1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movement inside ZoC and Total Cover

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by LoganGarnett, Dec 19, 2019.

1. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Situation:
    It is the last turn. A humble Ghulam is guarding a point. Meanwhile an even more humble Fusilier makes a desperate run to the point. Neither have Stealth or SS.
    The Fusilier finishes his first move just behind the corner where the Ghulam stands on guard. The Ghulam hears the Fusilier, knows that his time is running out and draws his shotgun, expecting the Fusilier to run out straight to the point... Or does he expect that?

In this situation Ghulam gains the ARO when the Fusilier enters his ZoC behind the Total Cover. Can he now declare ARO BS Attack just in case the Fusilier is brave enough to run out with his second Short Order? Or is he locked into Change Facing?
    It would've been so much easier if Fusiliers had Stealth.. Come on, PanO! Learn not to stomp the ground so hard!

2. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

You've got about 2 seconds before keyboard warriors see this post and start attacking!

LoganGarnett and inane.imp like this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

^ That was an attack post, so I think you overestimated the timeline by 2 seconds. [emoji14]

Yes, he can only Change Facing or Reset.

Mahtamori, chromedog and LoganGarnett like this.
  4. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

But the implications of that for the overall game.... argh!!! The can of galactic worms has been released >:)

5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I sure the OP didn't... intend... anything by his question.

Mahtamori and Hecaton like this.
  6. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

This is the future. People have overcome their fear of commitment and getting engaged.

7. LoganGarnett

Yeah, it's an honest question. The more we play the game here, the more questions we ask. Especially when people from other cities come.
    Hell, last tournament one of my opponents argued that you can split your Burst during ARO against Fireteams and Coordinated Orders.. And I couldn't find anything saying otherwise, yet could've sworn you can't do that.

Oh, and thank you for the answers, makes sense rules-wise. But if the moving opponent had stealth or the reacting trooper had SS he could've declared BS Attack, right? So having stealth in such situations is gonna backfire.
    If so, I can only imagine results as follows:
    - vs Stealth - *Blam* "Oh crap, where did you come from?"
    - with SS - *Blam* "Gotcha!"
    - normal - *Drops the gun* "What is that madman doing??"

8. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

And you were right. No one can split Burst when declaring ARO against multiple active models.

With SS you are right. The reacting model has right to declare his ARO after the second skill.
    With Stealth, if the active model wants to pop out in the open with the second skill, he can simply non activate Stealth (that is an Optional Skill) and you are in the opening scenario. Using Stealth in this case is wanting a bullet in the head!

9. LoganGarnett

Oh, totally forgot about it being optional. Never could have guessed that deciding to stomp the ground extra hard to confuse anyone nearby is a plausible decision XD

Could you please tell me where can I find that just in case I run into that player again or someone picks up his habit? Because our TO also couldn't say anything against that that time :_(

10. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The main thing is that you only get to react to one Trooper, but it's also spelled out in each of the rules that increase Burst in ARO.

From the Burst Support Bonus for Fireteams:
    • In the Reactive Turn, all the Fireteam members benefit from this bonus. However, all the BS Attacks of that member's Burst must be performed against the same target.
    From Total Reaction:
    • The user may use the full Burst (B) of his weapon against a single target in ARO.
    Suppressive Fire State:
    • Suppressive Fire allows the affected trooper to react in ARO with its full Burst (B) value: B3. The full Burst must be used against a single target and cannot be divided between several active enemies (when reacting against a Coordinated Order, for example).
    Enhanced Reaction FAQ:
    Q: Can you Split the weapon’s Burst in a Reactive Turn with an active Hacking Program: Enhanced Reaction?
    A: No.

Xeurian and LoganGarnett like this.
  11. LoganGarnett

Thank you! For some reason couldn't find it during the match. Perhaps because I was already doomed regardless of that ARO

ijw likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation