1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cirriculum for teaching new players idea

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Scribbler, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Scribbler

Scribbler Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Yesterday I was trying to coach a new player in my team about playing Infinity, and it flopped pretty badly because I threw too many new rules at him too quickly. I had a thought yesterday to prevent something like this from happening again, which was to write up a "curriculum" of sorts so that I could have a framework to use to teach new players without overloading them with rules.

I figured that I should start with looking at the Operation: Whichever-I-have-handy rulebooks and then go from there, and maybe include references to look at the rule entries on the PDF downloads. I was hoping that I could get some suggestions from other players on how I could make this work.

Thanks!

2. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

Sorry to reply with a shameless self-plug, but recently I made a YT video specifically going through the real basic rules in a nice systematic and easy to follow way.

For anyone who can learn from it or finds it useful to link to newer players, there's also a followup video that goes into a slightly more advanced set of rules (relating to marker state etc).

Florian Hanke likes this.
  3. Scribbler

Scribbler Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that you posted this, that makes life so much easier! Thanks!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation