1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White banner

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Khalipo, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Could just be a very special fireteam like the alien buggers becoming regular in the team. Kinda like alternate non-disposable KuangShi that provide recon teams to the White Banner.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm just saying this, but about two years ago we had some people who pretty much had IA completely figured out, filling it up with political officers, etc etc, leaving no room for new units beyond one or two new units at most.

Then IA came out, and even though it was the smallest non-Ariadnan sectorial to date, it still had 7 new units of which 6 were HI of which one was a character. Now a bit down the line we have another 3 new characters. I'd be surprised if White Banner didn't bring something similar.

You do not need to bring Judicial Forces into this. You do not need to bring the Invincible Army sub-section into this. This can and probably will be an all-Banner army without them shiny boys. And above all else, Yu Jing isn't at the "unit cap" like Pan-O or Ariadna and we've got quite a bit of catching up to do to reach the same numbers as Haqq, Nomads, Combined, and Aleph - there's no need to recycle units from other distinct military subsections into this one.

Modock, Savnock, Aldo and 7 others like this.
  3. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Or an equipment/skill that allowed you to, like the Oznat Hungries Core

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I don't mind either IA or ISS troops being in WB because 1. I don't want to wait 5-10 years for figures to come out. 2. I can't afford whole new armies when I have figures I could use.

5. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

Just paint a white mask on everyhting you want to play in WB, and let the proxy rule do the rest !

Stuffist, Section9 and Space Ranger like this.
  6. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I could see White Banner having snowmobile units instead of bikes and I would love to see that happen. I did read at some point about HI on Salv out in the cold turning their heaters up past regulation level and discoloring the paint on their armor. I will have to go did it up.

Tibooper likes this.
  7. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

I totally approve the snowbikes idea!
    About the heater story, this is about one specific Zuyong contingent in the Third Offensive book, and the story takes place in the Al-Hadiye mountains during the NeoColonial Wars (I've got the book under my eyes as I write this, their pattern is brown/green).
    However, there is another scheme that represent a Zuyong with an ice pattern and this one is based on Svalarheima according to the text, so I think we can expect them to appears in WB after all, with a smaller role than in IA maybe.

Bohrdog likes this.
  8. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

All I know is that AVA 3 or higher Guilangs are probably going to be a thing and that makes me very, very happy. I don't care what else is in the force if I can have 3 Guilangs and 2 Daofei. All I need then is some field control from TR bots and warbands (Monks) and it's on like Tron.

I'LL BE IN MY BUNK
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    DÀOFĚI Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 55)
    DÀOFĚI HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 57)
    GŬILÁNG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
    GŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    GŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    ZHANSHI Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    HÙSÒNG Yaókòng HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Azuset and Tibooper like this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

More to the point, just about the ONLY ARM4 HI with that 4-4MOV. Everything else was ARM3!

Thanks muchly!

Yup.

Today, if I was making a near-match for the N2 Shang Ji stats, I'd make a Shang Ji have Kinematika L2 for the faster movement and Deflector L2 on all profiles for the protection against hacking.

Dragonstriker and Savnock like this.
  10. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

That would be a decent start. Another interesting choice would be to make them 6-2, like our new Lord of Thunder.

Willen likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Totally on board with 6-2 move. Kinematika is ok but it's not really going to "move" them much since it's ARO. Multi-terrain would be cool and I think appropriate for the force.

12. Section9

Depends on how much you dodge versus shoot ARO.

And if 'mere mortals' (ie, natural humans or baseline LHosts) can get a 6-2 move now, I'd go with that.

Yes, that would be a good addition.

Kinematika L2 and Deflector L2 were baseline upgrades, the closest things to the N2 effects. (Actually, I think 6-2 Move with Kinematika L2 for that 4" dodge would be hilarious)

13. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I think it's "mountain terrain"that covers arctic areas so probably see more of that.
    Given what we've seen in frostbyte and such, if it is svarlheima, I'd expect there to at least be a smattering of HI for those deep penetration missions where you'll need those personal heater units!!
    I don't think another bland "5LI core and a beat stick" sectoral is particularly useful for YJ so I'm hoping for something a bit more inspired from a design POV. Be nice to see some new units and some new mechanics.
    That said, I'd guess it'll be one of the first code:one compatible forces so might just be bland and boring to make it easy for noobs

Azuset and Tourniquet like this.
  14. Khalipo

Khalipo Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the white banner as mny individuals, most of them camo markers or with visual mods. I'd kill for a strong cc attack piece... With camo or to. That would be awesome for generic too

Azuset likes this.
  15. Section9

I am honestly expecting White Banner to be pretty close to "Vanilla YJ with Fireteams", almost certainly with Guilang and Daofei getting increased AVA.

I wouldn't mind a Shaolin special character that can make them Regular (or at least make a fireteam of Shaolin even though they remain Irregular!).

I kinda hope to see a 'Huang Di Regular' to replace the Zanshi, Marksman Rifles instead of combis, and Mountain Terrain. Maybe MSV1. Yes, essentially Briscards. Model-wise, greatcoat and ushanka fur hats.

If the Blue Wolf is not just a Named Guija regiment, I would like it to be a Manned S6 TAG with Holo2. Spitfire and Feuerbach for weapons. Yes, very close in concept to the Uhlan, just with a downgraded anti-infantry weapon compared to the PanO TAG. Though honestly, the Su Jian would also do much the same job.

16. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

That's exactly why I don't think White Banner is happening with all of those units. Of almost all the factions, CB has avoided giving YJ options more than any other. I doubt they'll give them a sectorial like that; that's the purview of factions like PanO and ALEPH.

17. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Do you really see it that way? IMO Yu Jing can do almost anything in terms of options/approaches to the game. Sure, we don't get HD+ for White Noise (because where are not uber-hackers), Impersonation (because we're not aliens) and Eclipse Grenades (because of balance, I guess), but other than those you have tools for every trade.

Granted, we don't have Jammers and those are OP, but that's kinda it. I feel like everything else has a reason why we don't get it and it's fluff related.

But "of almost all the factions, CB has avoided giving YJ options more than any other" sounds like a bit too much. I mean, some factions don't even have MSV2. Or Multi Snipers. Or regular smoke. Or TO: Camo... I don't know man, maybe I'm just a "glass half-full kinda guy".

Edit: grammar.

moyamoya, Willen, Mahtamori and 3 others like this.
  18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

White Banner's initial design concept was "old style Yu Jing" so I expect the original troops that aren't already in IA or ISS to have increased AVA, but I also expect the new troops to make White Banner into the camouflage sectorial for Yu Jing.
    Will Daoying be there? Probably not, but I'm sort of expecting a similar unit with acceptable stats, camouflage, and starting in home zone that allows you to form a base line for your army that's... very annoying to deal with - and expecting that to be the tagline for White Banner.

The glass is essentially empty due to the vastness of space inside all matter, and I'm not sure the glass even exists or if it is a metafor for the futility of mankind.

In either case, Yu Jing does seem to have some pretty clear defined restrictions that are starting to loosen up for the other factions (Pan-O getting low-tech stuff, Haqq getting high-tech stuff, Ariadna getting hackable HI), partly because Yu Jing had a bit fewer faction restrictions than I'd say other factions had. Ariadna is still the ones with most restrictions and Pan-O's hard-no on regular smoke is probably the one that feels most limiting considering how good smoke can be.

On Impersonation, keep in mind that now a days Inferior Impersonation exists and the first version of Basic Impersonation was seen in Haqq, just like the first version of Smoke+MSV2 was seen in Yu Jing, so this is not an alien thing.

Sedral likes this.
  19. Space Ranger

I thought i'd put in an idea of what I want for WB.

If it was one thing i was mad about Uprising, it was loosing Aragoto. So I'd like a biker based on Mongolian Empire horse nomads. Something good in CC but mainly shooting. The Mongols were known for the wall of arrows that would fall on the enemy, shot from their horses. So I think something like Red Fury, Spitfire, 2 Combi Rifles, 2 Assault Pistols. It would be interesting if they had multi-terrain too. I'm thinking of them as light cavalry that harasses the enemy. Not sure about smoke but it would helpful. It would be interesting if they flipped them around and instead of smoke, they got MSV, Biovisor, and X-Visor.

Edit: oh something to add, since Ariadna has Doctors on bikes, how about we get Engineer on bikes?

#59 Space Ranger, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Section9 and Ceilican like this.
  20. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

I really like this train of thought. A bike-mounted (or otherwise very mobile) Scout Unit would work fantastically within the confines of WB.

For myself, I associate WB with a more main-line standing military. I'd like to see heavier equipment with an eye toward sustained warfare. To that end, I'm imagining a "Main Battle Remote"-like larger, heavy remotes with serious firepower. Not to the extent of the Megalodron, but like, an S8 Remote with HRMC or Heavy Grenade Launcher.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation