1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ziterdes Safety Fence Kit SciFi

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Biomckill, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Found this kit in the Ziterdes website while looking for other things. Not very expensive, but has somebody here purchased this kit? If so, comments?

[​IMG]

timberfox and jherazob like this.
  2. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Looks cool! Might pick one up myself!

3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Very nice, but this might run afoul of the no advertising unofficial brands forum rule

4. Biomckill

Yes, I thought about it. In my defense, a) not affiliated with the company and b) I am just asking if somebody has tried this and it works.

5. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

I have them for my table. Got 2x of the "steel" version. They works very well, you do have to make some decisions rule wise on how they should work with LoS and stuff.
    The fence is plastic, the corner post are wooden and the other parts are thick paper/pulp, not mdf. Construction is fairly simple (and there is an instruction video on how to do it) but it can be a bit hard to get the fence stretched so that it's straight, even in sample images the fence is not completely stretched. The razor wire on top where surprisingly easy to shape, you just wined it around one of the corner posts and then stretch it out.
    Some images are available in this thread: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/the-path-to-a-finished-table.34636/

jherazob likes this.
  6. Biomckill

Great, thanks for the advice!

I cannot understand a word of german and I had no idea if the fence was plastic or metal. I was toying with the idea of using a thin copper wire to get the top part of the fence straight (more or less like in real fences).

7. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

That could help bit but the main problem is that it's difficult to get the side parts straight, so the fence is stretched at the bottom but at the top the corners lean in just a little bit. Here is an image from straight up showing one of my best and one of my worst. On the bad one even a thin wire wouldn't really help due to the stiffness of the fence.[​IMG]

Note that I am not trying to discourage you from getting them, I am very happy with them and can highly recommend them, it just something to keep in mind with assembling them.

8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I've only got some of their hardfoam terrain pieces. Much like the MAS hardfoam pieces in durability.

9. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Fence looks like mosquito netting we use here to cover our windows. It's like 1 euro for square meter of the stuff. This just gave me idea to make my own version.

10. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

There's several ways to do something like this, here's another (which incidentally solves the issue of the fencing grid being too loose by using something else):

But the merit of the Ziterdes one is that the whole supporting infrastructure of the fence looks pretty damn nice and sci-fi, although honestly i'd just find an easy way to go for the usual "energy barrier" style instead.

timberfox, Section9 and SupersexyJohn like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation