1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pakulkan Commandos - Nomads, Panoceania and now JSA

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pakulkan, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I was about to ask while reading the previous post. Thanks for confirming it.

Great job BTW.

2. Pakulkan

Pakulkan Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yes, it is black undercoat plus darth blue with airbrush. Then I repaint matt areas with black. Also delineate armour plates with black.

It is pretty fast and still quite high tech IMO

jherazob and Koin-Koin like this.
  3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I think i need to try your color scheme on something. Also that TO recast is good! I see in your blog that you had trouble. Just have in mind that these do not need to be crystal clear copies, they're hard to see after all, some blurring is OK. That depends on the problems in the sculpt of course, but i guess that even a rough one works well.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Pakulkan Excellant job on your recent posts. The Puppeteer and bots was really well done. Along with your PanO models and proxies. I'm very happy with how they turned out and I hope you're satisfied with them too.

5. Pakulkan

Hi all.
    Overall, I am very satisfied. Color shifting in the chamaleon really boosts the high tech image of an armour. On top. It is easy and no need for highlighting so win win.

Concerning TO markers... I am happy with no perfect recasts. However. I had also some problems in keeping resin in the molds (many leakages, no matter how well I close them) so getting read of entire weapons/arms/heads. Trying to fix it and making a christmas workshop focused only on that. Cause I want my camo 3D markers for sure.
    Planning to add some ink to easily differentiate from TO to regular camo. Let's see...
    Thank you all dor your comments. Truly boost my motivation!

jherazob likes this.
  6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

A coat of gloss (varnish, floor polish, the Humbrol thingy...) could help with the surface and make them more transparent. It helps with sanded airplane cockpits.

How fast does the UV resin cure when used inside molds? Hit the feeder and "chain reaction" movie style? Lots of time? Use special color of mold?

7. Pakulkan

@mobof Blondes the resin cures very fast. I tried blue and transparent instant mold. Guess blue is not optimal logically because UV light should pass through the mold.

8. Pakulkan

Hi all,
    It has been a long time since I finished an Infinity model. But have several of them for this update. Introducing my own version of Mary Problems, a Priss (Blade Runner) homenage:

[​IMG]

Don't like official Mary, so I used a miniature from Coldfront aleph starter and modify the legs, weapon and head. Overall, very satisfied with the result although she only barely resembles Priss, to be honest :)

Usashi, Abydog, Lady Numiria and 8 others like this.
  9. Pakulkan

Now, a Joan d'Arc using a spare Magister Knight:

[​IMG]

Don't like Joan d'Arc as well, so I decided to use a spare miniature with slight transformation in order to represent her.

Abydog, zapp, Oni and 4 others like this.
  10. Golem2God

Looks much better than Mary Problems. I think the work you put into this was worth it.

11. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Sry, I know it's an old entry, but where are the parts of the Hexa from?

12. Golem2God

Looks like a Neoterra Bolt Multi-Sniper with some greenstuff/epoxy putty to create the cape..

13. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

all this looks nice but the pictures are too small :p

14. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

The versions in his blog link to bigger ones http://pintaoplomo.blogspot.com/ (uh, Gargle not obsessed with httpS anymore?)

15. Pakulkan

That's right. It is a Neoterra Bolt Sniper with a cape and visor made with green stuff.
    If something works... Don't touch It ;)

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Pakulkan

Now, a bunch of Order sergeants. I recently changed the colour scheme to Green Stuff Darth Blue. Therefore, my previous troopers should be re-painted. I decided yo use this new sergeants as regular ones, and re-paint the one I painted before in dark metal, which is the scheme I use for Cano/TO troops.

[​IMG]

More pics at pintaoplomo.blogspot.com.es

Abydog, Berjiz, Koin-Koin and 3 others like this.
  17. Pakulkan

And now... I've got some JSA minis. My intention was to cap the army to something relatively small. So far, I ended with 30 or so miniatures.

These are the first batch of them. I had a colour scheme in mind, and I realized it was pretty similar to @archangeleong JSA. Therefore, thanks for the inspiration. It was very helpful to see colours already applied. Reds use precisely the same recipe from this superb painter. Thanks!
    Hope you will enjoy them. More pics at pintaoplomo.blogspot.com.es

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are Keisotsu (x2), Spec Ops, Kempeitai MSV2 and Kempeitai chain of command. The MSV one is a Raiden transformed to fit with the profile.

nehemiah, Abydog, roobot and 9 others like this.
  18. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Nice work and thanks for the shout out :-)

what did you use to convert that cool looking shikami guy? I don’t recognize them (I should as I’ve painted all the current JSA range).

19. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

The chameleon paint works really nice here.

Pakulkan likes this.
  20. Pakulkan

This is un fact a Raiden Seibutai, Shikami head, Musashi right arm with a pistol. Left arm comes from Shikami as well. I add some stuff to get a marksman rifle.

I use him as Kempeitai MSV2 marksman rifle.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation