1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mary Problems...

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Modock, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

For a special character and one of the best hackers in the sphere she's so underwhelming. Fast tactical uberhacker
    but the mini is far from that and she's nothing like an interventor not even close.

Defiance has so many great minis I would love something similar to Jazz (amazing sculpt). Agressive hacking pose,
    walking and shutting down everything in her reach...love it.

[​IMG]

#21 Modock, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I actually think Mary is okay. Not every pose has to be super dynamic. I like her clothing and most of the time hackers are criticised for their hacking poses, so I think it's a nice deviation. In the fluff she is described as spreading trouble where she walks and ... well, three guns are spelling trouble for me.

But I have to admit, the alternate Jazz is looking better. That's just a really great sculpt.
    (edit: and I don't have to paint eyes)

#22 Spitfire_TheCat, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Tourniquet likes this.
  3. Temudschin

Temudschin Active Member

I´m sad. I don´t know what I expected of Mary, but for me the Mini is really disappointing.

Looks like a model out of N2 and It´s sad because the whole Tunguska range otherwise is exceptionel awesome. Don´t know how I will proceed with Mary. I would have loved something in the look of alternate Jazz. This is a great Hacker pose!

Anyway, maybe it´s time to think about good proxies or kit-bashes. Obviously using one of the two Jazz versions is a Option. Maybe a Kitbash with Mary and Dart? Wait... Photoshop Magic emminent: :P mary-dart-bash.jpg

Wizzy, Keyrott, Tourniquet and 2 others like this.
  4. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Aaand now i've just my Mary proxy ! No more problems, thx @Modock !

yojamesbo and Modock like this.
  5. Maqu

Maqu Well-Known Member

Mini is terrible, I will use Laxmee for her. Loadut matches and it's a useless mini anyway cos I dont play ForCo. She will also proxy Jazz till kickstarter arrives :).

Modock and theradrussian like this.
  6. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

No problemos, glad to be useful.
    I'm gonna use Laxmee as well but I really like Jazz model, I hope I will be able to get It on ebay or something. I didn't pledge the Defiance
    cause I made a huge Infinity order right before the kickstarter.

Keyrott likes this.
  7. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Right? Gonna put that alternate Jazz to use after all!

This is an mediocre sculpt viewed in isolation, but it's just plain awful when viewed alongside the fantastic models that exist in the TJC range.

theradrussian, ev0k and chaos11 like this.
  8. Maqu

Maqu Well-Known Member

Yeah, Tunguska is best looking sectorial in the game, except Raoul and Mary...

ev0k, chaos11 and Modock like this.
  9. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Exactly, minis from Tunguska are drop-dead gorgeous...Raoul suffered the same fate as Mary ugly as sin. Something went terribly wrong, a murder machine in pajamas.

ev0k likes this.
  10. Maqu

Maqu Well-Known Member

I suspect that they are sculpted by the same person and it is not Javier Ureńa unfortunately.

Keyrott, Spitfire_TheCat and Solar like this.
  11. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

It's an okay sculpt, I think a few things are working against the pictures we have.

1. I think that she's supposed to be in a moment with her back to a wall, just drew her two guns, takes a deep breath and bursts around the corner into action.

Problem, there is no wall, so you have to imagine it, or put one on yourself.

2. I think those are cyber legs, but the choice of flesh color puts them in the uncanny valley. If the painter had gone with an obvious cybernetic leg color I think it would be better received.

Anyway not says it's a good model, but it's okay, definitely not breath taking like some other recent sculpts.

12. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I like it, the legs should be a plainly artificial color instead of flesh, but the pose is fine. I'm happy it's not some stupid jazz hands while Spiderman crouching pose.

Hachiman Taro, Ugin and Tourniquet like this.
  13. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:That's menacing.

14. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

I think her pose is pretty boring, but I don't think it's entirely out of my taste. Just a regular standing there pose, nothing exciting, nothing horrible, just kinda meh. The problem I had with it was the paint, which I'll change. I thought she may look a bit cooler with her climbing plus cyber-legs a little more chromed out (thanks for the idea @natetehaggresar I very much agree) I also thought the yellow trim was a particularly odd choice for Tunguska because yellow doesn't really appear to be much in their color scheme at all. Swapped it for the pretty standard blue that's on most models' OSL, and changed her pink gun to a bit more dulled down Magenta to flow a bit easier with the rest of the colors. Yeah I think the sculpt is boring, it's not bad (Wish it was Javier Urena like I always do) but it's serviceable. I don't think the paint is helping it to look awesome.
    [​IMG]

#34 Keyrott, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Modock likes this.
  15. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

So much this ! Not that Mary's sculpt is that bad, but compared to the existing TJC minis, it looks soooo boring ! Even the Interventor girl looks better !
    And i won't talk about Raoul, i still haven't gotten over it, it's just too painful to remember...

Modock likes this.
  16. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I guess I'm alone in this, but I think Raoul is really cool looking. I like the studio's treatment of the model a lot... kind of weird, because I hate the rest of their nomads.

Tourniquet likes this.
  17. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

You're not alone, mate. Raoul looks cool!

18. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

This might be the explanation: You don't like the "normal" Nomads, so you like the Pyjamas-Raoul. Everyone else likes the Nomads and so ... doesn't like Raoul :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alternate Defiance-Raoul is pretty cool-looking, though.

Armihaul, Tourniquet and Willen like this.
  19. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

He looks a lot better with a different paintjob.

Solar likes this.
  20. archon

archon Well-Known Member

She looks nice but she not look like a Tactical Überhacker ;-)
    Jazz II is a good example for what I would expect. Busy hacking with two devices at once, showing her hacking skills.
    Nearly every Hacker in the game has a hacking pose, but the supposed to be the best shows only her pistol collection.

The legs look like prothestic stompers not like some cyberlegs from a fancy and technicaly state of the art nomad ship.

I think the (very) old interventor, the female one with both hands up - makes a good proxy.

The pink nerf-gun on her back, is supposed to be smg with zapper? So the pitcher is a solo pistol here? That makes me wonder,
    why the hell she got her pistol out?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation