1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dire Foes 9

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Solar, Nov 17, 2019.

1. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Do you ever watch series or movies with police involved? Do you remember the difference between a "uniformed" cop (Securitate in this case) and a DI (Jelena)? IT bloody well fits (swearing for character immersion)

Bors and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Again:
    What does that have to do with why she is looking like Wild Bill, running around with twin 'pistols'?
    Her having twin handguns isn't in and of itself a bad thing, but she looks like a trick shooter.

Nothing about her screams 'detective' either, outside of the coat.

If you cannot understand that this isn't "oHmYgOdsHe'StErRibLe!!1!!" but saying the pose doesn't feel appropriate for the model, given the aesthetic of the Sectorial?

That's on you. Just reiterating over and over again "SHE'S A DETECTIVE!" doesn't say anything.

3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

She looks like a sci fi detective. Should be fun.

4. geckoguy

geckoguy Member

I really like her, but i have a thing for longcoats, chain colts, and detectives

she fits in well with Tunguska imo, and the theming of a special operative securitate as a detective is pretty brilliant. hope her stats are good (if shes linkable with grenzer i might finally take a core of them)

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah I like her a lot. Pretty pulpy but that's cool with me.

Remnar, colbrook and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I mean I like her, and I hope she makes TJC lists a bit of an easier puzzle to solve, but I think it's kind of awful of CB to just ignore Bakunin they way they have.

7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Securitate are just CSU with a bullet proof vest sculpted on.

I like it overall, the 'tate\grenzer combination is odd but whats a pulpy cyberpunk detective without a longcoat? Would have preferred a more sensible firing stance or weapon at rest for the pose like we saw with the securitate.

Savnock likes this.
  8. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I think they have written BJC off until N4, unless they have something more intensive planned for next year.

9. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah they share some characteristics like cool, edgy security agents.

But what I felt lacking was some details i.e. Securitates have sunglasses, magazine pouches all over the body. I thought those details made sure both of them stand as unique model, not just security agents working for different companies:cry:

Tourniquet likes this.
  10. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

>>So what if she's an officer? Is that why she looks like a Wild Bill wannabe? :P

that's Annushka Oakley to you

loricus and Dragonstriker like this.
  11. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

So.. Detective Kovac, huh?
    She's no Takeshi, but I'm looking forward to at least half as awesome combat potential)

jfunkd likes this.
  12. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

Detective... not sure what to think about it... and I cannot think of anything that a detective could bring that could help with the problems that TJC has. 2 pistols don't seem a good spearhead for securitates or even a grenzer haris. She doesn't bring any visors, maybe she has camo and is a midfield trooper to get near hecklers

13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Chain Colt + Pistol seems

Armihaul likes this.
  14. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Zhanyings are detectives and they are pretty good.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

She's got two pistols out because one is a chain colt and the other is a regular pistol. That doesn't seem too unreasonable.

16. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

I hope she will have some better weapons then pistol and chaincolt... And some interesting "officer's" skills like chain of command or something. I think She will be something like Kempeitai or "low level" Hanibal/Saladin.
    She looks ok for me... A lot better than Mary Problems. ;)

17. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Jelena is quite nice, the front of the coat is a bit strange but she's cool. I really hope she has a useful profile, Tunguska needs it.
    Chain of command would be golden but I'm pretty sure it's not happening.
    Mary is a total flop, she's on a Raoul Spector disaster level (both in Tunguska :cry:).

18. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

It looks like she may have a breaker (or hopefully multi) pistol plus chain colt. The right hand pistol looks a lot like Mary's Zapper.

Pure speculation on her, with a Detective title it implies a position of authority and command within the Securitate, so maybe CoC or NCO?

CoC would be ok, but of questionable value in a securitate core. NCO becomes more useful is she has a decent loadout.

I just hope she has two profiles, one with some midfield deployment skill.

Savnock likes this.
  19. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

She looks great. She looks plenty Tunguska, and the businesswear-meets-bullets look is really well done. Great pose, Great details.

I'm hoping @jfunkd is right and we're going to see her packing two different template weapons. Being able to always hit the opponent with a weapon which auto-hits, whatever their ARO was, would be well worth a potential piece trade when she gets shot. B2 on one of those templates when she's linked, even better.

Looks like she could be a great team-player unit, and if there's leadership skills, even better.

And if the Grenzer coat means some heavier armor, booyah.

LoganGarnett, Solar and Tristan228 like this.
  20. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Are we not gonna mention the guy has four magazines on his belt?

Honestly, this set isn't especially appealing to me. They all look too standard and I feel like we've seen pretty much the same before. It looks plain.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation