1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mary Problems...

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Modock, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

I was excited when I found out that Mary is coming, but everything dropped when I saw this....

[​IMG]

She's stiff as an oak also plain weird... gonna proxy her for sure. I will use Laxmee from soldier of fortune.
    What do you guys think..

Elessar, redeemer and theradrussian like this.
  2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Why even bother proxying her?

Taking her as part of your list allows CB to spin it as "she was well received!". Ignore her and there's a fairly good chance they'll end up doing a resculpt down the range, given their insistence that they view army lists.

yojamesbo and theradrussian like this.
  3. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Well, her profile is quite good...

jfunkd likes this.
  4. kanluwen

And not taking her sends a message. Whether or not CB gets the message is a different story.

5. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Need more photos to know for sure. For now, she looks... too generic...
    My main gripe about her pose, she's too static. It's an Uberhacker thats not hacking. Has climbing+ cyberlegs but there's nothing special about them, no artificial muscle, no claws or anything.
    I converted mine from kempeitai in coat and wildcat body, I'll just stick to using her.

Robock likes this.
  6. Quickit

Quickit Well-Known Member

Playing the profile and purchasing the model send two completely different messages to CB. I find the sculpt a bit plain as well, but the profile is excellent, so I will do the same thing - I thought Laxmee would make an excellent proxy. I can't even figure out what's going on with her shins - did the painter accidentally paint the lower portion of the pants a skin tone? Otherwise, those are some odd looking shins.

Elessar likes this.
  7. Shrooms

Shrooms Well-Known Member

My Laxmee is already on her way, via a weapon swap, to being a Moran, so I’ll have to look elsewhere...

Maybe try a leg swap on this one...

I’m also trying to understand her kit. What are we seeing here? A pitcher in pistol form in one hand, a normal pistol in the other (even though she seems to have another holstered...) and maybe a SMG/zapper on her back?

8. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

That pistol in her left hand might be a Zapper/Pitcher-combination.

I like the sculpt - I just have to find a profile to use her, Valerya or Jazzmine being the most likely.

9. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I thought the same thing. But I think maybe they are meant to be prosthetic. She has some nice little subtleties about her like that, like the face looks childlike. Agree she could be more tactical and more uberhacker too, though I like the model in general.

10. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I will not buy her, she doesn't looks good to me. I would end my conversion over the ryuken girl, adding a hod and trying a coat with green stuff and so. That miniature is not a hacker, neither a high-mobility operator, she is just a cosplayers postraying a gunslinger. Maybe there was too much expectatives for her, but for me, failed. Every time I see more of the news related to TJC, I am more convinced that CB didn't even care about it: "it sells good enough, so why to waste more time on it?"

resulpt so soon? in nomads? remember that we have still some n1 miniatures, and some even got to be repacked with new ones.

yojamesbo likes this.
  11. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

i did expect from Mary problems a Uhahu like miniature, so this sculpt surprised me gladly

She is OK, but she is not as Awesome as a character you want to be

12. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Most uninspired sculpt I have seen from CB in a while. They also seem to have taken a leaf from GW lately as she has a face that (to me) doesn't look feminine, but rather like that of a young street-begging urchin.

Tristan228 likes this.
  13. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

She looks like a cyber themed okay looking girl, and nothing more. As mediocre as Raoul almost.

Maybe I've been expecting to much for CB to show us some real "super" hacker, which looks like none of other hackers from human sphere. CB must have been busy preparing the Defiance, I suppose.

14. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Easy conversion idea: Cut the pistol off of her right hand, replace it with an umbrella leaning back over her shoulder. Er, Cyber-umbrella. Whatever.

It's not a great model, but it could be a basis for some fun conversions. Blank slate, really.

15. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Isn't she one of the Baker kids like Uhahu? Because in that case she would look like an adolescent as opposed to an adult.

Also if she looked more like a hacker people would be complaining that she looks too much like an interventor with out her own look.

Barrogh and LoganGarnett like this.
  16. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The lore mentions her growth was not inhibited like the other Baker Module kids.

theradrussian likes this.
  17. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I feel like it's not an accident she looks a bit cute / childlike in some aspects though.

Tunguska is a fucked up place.

LoganGarnett and chromedog like this.
  18. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

After seeing the image of her back, she seems to have no hacking device on her, which is quite strange for a person rocking two of such devices.

The SMG also seems to have the zapper attachment so her left pistol is just a pitcher?

Unless the Pitcher gun is also a Hack gun...

19. kanluwen

It's funny how the argument got presented of "people would complain she looks too much like an Interventor"...pretty sure nobody has argued that she doesn't look "hackery enough", but rather it's that this model is just not great?

Great example: if they wanted to show off that she had 'cybernetic legs' for her Climbing Plus? They could have avoided the highwaters and just had the pants terminate above the knee.

Tristan228 and theradrussian like this.
  20. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

Some of us are not criticing the design (we even didn't get the concept art), but the execution, selected options and pose. Maybe the painting creates a strange effect and when you see in hand, she gets better, but we only have three pictures, and with those, she seems more a n1-n2 filler miniature than one of the latest n3 most waited miniautres of the faction.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation