1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with TO Snipers

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Tongfa, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

How do you like to deal with snipers placed on an opposing table corner, etc?

2. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Very complicated question indeed.

1st I would avoid engaging them in long range (more than 40 cm) :
    - Smokes
    - Cautious move
    - Camo

2nd if you can come closer use chain rifle / flamethrower or put a mine near them (with warbands or chasseur). You can also do some spec fire if it's not too relisient.

3rd if you have to engage them from 40-80 cm :
    - Spetnaz HMG or HI with HMG in a 5 men link. Not great but the best you can do.

4th if you have to engage from more than 80 cm (your table probably has a problem ...) :
    - Sniper with MSV 1 in a 5 men link or knauf
    - Coordinated order with long range weapons

Foxep and sorniak like this.
  3. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Satlock might help as well.

4. sorniak

sorniak Well-Known Member

Smoke? Usually warbands are good magnets for discovering all the TO snipers (they perform aro not to allow warbands to reach deployment)... When position is known - smoke-smoke-smoke, make mission, kill deployment (though it means, good thing to have at least 2, better three smokers-warbands).

In rare cases, where snipers nests are so good, and no smoke can help... Van zant might help ?:), margo\duroc with crazy speculatives.

But basicaly, mr. Marduck's answer above is very good!

5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Smoke+chain rifles if not on very top of high tower. Also your Specnaz or linked HRL (Frontovick) have a good chance of clearing them. If not then a Strelok+ K9 should be rather easily fit to come close to it and kill it in CC.

Also: Mine Dispenser anyone?

6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Assuming vanilla, smoke's the way to go.

7. MattyG2787

MattyG2787 Member

Combined order to get 3 uncontested shots. Even better if you can do it with models under camo

barakiel likes this.
  8. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

This is the Ariadna section, so thinking about Ariadna solutions specifically vs TO snipers:

• Spetsnaz is quite good here. Can hit on very respectable 9s with Shock, which is great vs NWI or Dogged threats (Mk2, Noctifier) or else just prevent the Sniper from getting healed back up. Camo, Cover, Surprise Shot means the Spets has a good chance of staying safe too.
    • Parachutist/AD can be good, but this is more demanding and list-specific. Mirage 5 grenades or chain rifles, Van Zant, Para Commando, etc are all okay.
    • Coordinated shooting. Even vs TO, your odds are decent if you're using a hard-punching weapon. This is a better option for Haqq than Ariadna, but still possible.
    • Ariadna Sectorials all have a decent option for brute force. Linked Vet Kazak, linked Grey, linked Minuteman HMG can all hit on respectable values, with good odds of success.
    • Ignore it. As mentioned, Smoke and Camo let you ignore threats you don't like.

Golem2God, Foxep and Bellyflop like this.
  9. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Once they are revealed just send in the FO Airborne Ranger (in case you brought him instead of the Paracommando girly), use his stealth (MA grants) and enter CC from the back. TO is useless in CC.
    And yeah, murderbots to murder things...

10. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

If you are in an objective based mission : as said above smoke and ignore them

If you are in a fight based mission : move a chasseur in it's flamethrower range and burn him down or use warband (who said dog warrior ?)

Don't use Van Zant on a TO sniper, he is much better at killing the order pool

Zewrath likes this.
  11. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

It also sounds like your table might not be well set up, sitting in the back corner of the table is rarely a good choice for LOF in this game, haha.

Tourniquet likes this.
  12. Fangoman

Fangoman New Member

I played today with USAriadna versus PanO... My opponent deployed two TO-Camo snipers in hidden deployment at the opposite corner of his DZ.
    It happened that they had MSVL2 too, so to ignore them by using smoke was not an option.
    I think there was also no option to engage them from the distance (if also I deployed two Marauders with heavy rocket launcher and MSVL1): these TO-Camo snipers shoot with a decent BA and put a serious number of negative MODs on your units...

I eliminated both of them by using 1 airborne ranger and Van Zant respectively. It costed me time and Van Zant(I had to wait an opportunity and I invested a certain number of orders, Van Zant died in the cross fire after doing his job).
    Without AD unit, I think I´ve had a very bad time; the only remaining option could have been normal camos (foxtrot), with lower chances of success and at least one turn lost in specifically doing that.

#12 Fangoman, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  13. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Do you know which unit this was? because I can't find anything that matches in army. the closest is the Croc Man with an X-Visor, which just reduces range band penalties.

Hecaton likes this.
  14. Fangoman

Fangoman New Member

Hey, what the.... Ooooops... You`re right.
    I played against an overpowered enemy, and I dealt with him somehow (it could have been better and Van Zant could be still alive, drinking beer in a wild west style saloon).... but somehow I did not panic and adapted to the bad situation.

Ok, then please forget my previous comment about ignoring the TO-snipers by using smoke. It`s a valid tactic.
    I got to be more careful next time and ask to read the courtesy list of the adversary, also in friendly games...

RasPuto likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation