1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined Army in N4

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@DaRedOne I'd love to see Morats get Sensor on Zerat profiles if they're not going to get Camo.

2. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

As an aside, Kendrak getting a FT Duo option in MAF is kinda neat, giving you the opportunity to take impetuous beatsticks and removing their impetuousness if you so desire.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  3. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

Zerats with added profiles are in slightly better place now, but I feel that they still need some tweaking. I'm fine with not getting camo, but imo there should be something else to compensate that. Climb+ or something. If you're going first, then yes, with red fury and BS11 you can try to do something, but if you're going second you're pretty much screwed. If you gonna drop her on the roof, good luck bringing her down, if there are no normal ladders.

Hecaton likes this.
  4. Toalpaz

Toalpaz Well-Known Member

has anyone mentioned fixing the k1 sniper vanguard? K1 has too many tradoffs compared to the standard shock sniper rifle to cost more in SWC...

csjarrat, Dragonstriker and Hecaton like this.
  5. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I agree with you. We need more Morat girls! Maybe with a nice HMG!

6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Easy fix would be to make K1SR DAM 15, or simply to make Vanguards switch rifles with Zerats. The latter would have an easier time catching targets out of cover.

7. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

A K1 Sniper zerat would still be a BS11 Sniper competing with the much, much cheaper (and also more effective considering the kinds of targets she'll hunt) Red Fury zerat.

It would be cool to have a Forward Deploying, Mimetic, BS12 "Lone Huntress" type of model with a K1 Sniper, though. Something that you'd actually want to shoot at hard targets. If she came with perimetral weapons I'd happily pay 30 points for the model.

I am on the controversial camp that Zerats are fine right now. Sure, the old profiles aren't that great, but the new ones are baller.

Probably never gonna happen. Morat females are the 'huntresses'. They're more likely to get short to medium range weaponry, unless it's the Raicho (whose pilot is, in fact, a lady).

Stiopa likes this.
  8. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

Vulcan sniper vanguard ?(ap/fire template)

9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I might have already said it in this thread, but in the interest of keeping down the number of sectorials, EI aspects should be added to Onyx. I wouldn't hate it if this meant a few Morat and Shas profiles left the sectorial.

HardDisk and Dragonstriker like this.
  10. Hecaton

K1 snipers in general should be changed to be damage 14.

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  11. SpectralOwl

I believe K1 ammo should just completely ignore cover's ARM bonus, doing the Monofilament thing of simplifying the save to pass on 13+. Would make it as good as a Sniper against ARM 0 chumps in a dug-in DZ-to-DZ duel, and just get better as the target gets heavier. Damage 14 would be pretty painful for already-struggling TAGs that have trouble finding cover on some tables anyway.

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Strongly agree with both of these. While I'm very happy with the new Zerat profiles, I'd previously been hoping that they would get some updates to be more like Moran Masai and grant better midfield control. An infiltrator without camo is frequently just a model that the opponent needs to spend fewer orders to be able to kill.

DaRedOne likes this.
  13. Hecaton

Well, K1 combis and Marksman Rifles are 1 less damage than their normal-ammo equivalents; I think there'd be some verisimilitude in making K1 snipers the same. Some recosting might be in order as well, but a situation where, even in cover, you have to roll a 12 to save is plenty scary.

14. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

That would be really nice, specially since the new Aspects sculpts are coming with the Ur style.

But i just wanted to have good reasons to use the umbras as lts and use Nexus as CoC, just like the fluff.

I want to use my agressive Umbra Lt without fear of LoL. :cry:

15. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

One of the Zerat is a sniper. While I admit you're quite right about the huntress thing, I think Kendrat changes thing. She's very much a brawler like the males.

As for the Raicho pilot, my local hobby shop list her on the website, but I never saw it in store. -.-

16. DaRedOne

Warcor

My point about the Zerat sniper is that she sucks ingame. The zerat has two heavy weapon options: Sniper rifle and Red Fury. The Red Fury is pure awesomesauce, but the sniper is expensive and kinda crappy.

As for Kendrat, she is a Krakot, she's out of the curve. But the Oznat is a short range fighter/brawler as well. She still fits a hunting theme with her sensor and pets, though. What I don't see happening is a morat female with a big support gun like an HMG or a Missile Launcher. Those aren't weapons you use to hunt. (Although considering Ugarat Megafauna, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually needed a machinegun to kill some of their stuff)

Heh, I love the Raicho and her pilot. I even have two raichos (both the old and the new one). And this is Oyat Karakot, Raicho Pilot and all around badass:
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, this chick has won me two ITS tourneys. And she even has managed to survive until the end of the game a few times (Either in or out of the TAG)

toadchild likes this.
  17. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Power to the morat girls! Give us big weapons!

Very nice pilot though!

DaRedOne likes this.
  18. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I mean, isn't that what the MULTI HMG on the Raicho is for?

DaRedOne likes this.
  19. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Imagine if a morat took one down without the Raicho

20. DaRedOne

Warcor

My headcanon (I've even written a story about it that got featured in white noise :D) is that the raizots that are used for hunting megafauna go unarmed. But there's nothing in the canon to support this idea.

This does bring back the idea of having a secondary, smaller morat TAG which would be the 'silent, cautious hunter' to the Raizot's thunder goddess, guns blazing style. I'd really love to see an S6 TAG with a big gun (Autocannon would be boss, but a feuerbach or other 2 shot, high Damage weapon would be cool too) and some neat tricks.

The problem is that we know for a fact morats will never get a native marker state, so holoecho, camouflage and decoy are right out of their league. I don't see that as an issue, to be honest. We can still get mimetism, which is cool enough, and CB has shown they are willing to give us some heavy guns (Seriously, that heavy shotty in the Raizot is ace).

I'd love to see something silly like a close combat TAG with dual heavy shotty and NBW+Martial Arts. Or some other crazy combination like that. Wouldn't even be that strong, just fun to play.

toadchild likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation