1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Flying Daoying

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

I forgot about those ones! Thinking of a badass AD HI falling on 17' with Controlled Jump has made me blind to them :smile:

Section9 likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Sadly it's not stackable with Control Jump. I don't know whey the EVO even has it! Why would you ever use it?

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

*shrug* they're barely using PH as it is and dropping dow to 13 is only going to be a benefit as it would drop cost to more manageable levels of about 40 or 41 for the basic CombiFlamer

I doubt he's a new troop type, but if he is I'd expect he's either a character Daoying or that the new troop will be very similar to Daoying. Or a hybrid. I wouldn't expect NWI at least

4. Space Ranger

Why do you think he’s like a Daoying? Other that being Medium Infantry and the figure superficially looking like one, there’s nothing in the profile to say it.

5. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Start with a Zulu Cobra FO(26)
    +1CC(1) +2ARM(3) +3BTS(1)
    +C+(3) +2xSMG(?)
    -FD1(1) -FO(1)
    solve for the SMGs and you end up with something like 5 points for the SMGs. Makes perfect sense an SMG costs at least 3 or 4 points (price for Assault Pistol and LSG) and twin weapons usually get a discount (different weapons however do not). Might also get a random 1 point discount for being MI despite being 4-4 in there.

Uma is priced correctly and her problem is the same that plagues the Uhlan and Combi+LSG troops - paying for 2 main weapons. Could have easily solved that by using a creative solution to make her expensive and potent. Breaker MMR + Marksmanship L1 would get her to 43 but boy would she hit hard with pseudo Plasma and positive Rangebands from 0-24". That would have been a pretty interesting troop.

Enough of that, Lei Gong SMMR is neato. He won't be killing any linked Kamau (Sixth Sense L2 means the Kamau shoots back at full BS... vs everything that doesn't have Full Auto L2 or Cover). Nevertheless unhackable, 6-4 Mov, 2.0 Wounds with 4 weapons to pick from that all matter and MSV1 0SWC to sell it over a Red Fury/Spitfire.
    The SMG CoC is awful though, the Profile is meant to be a Gunner and an SMG is not enough without having a Deployment Skill and Marker State on top.

6. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

You don't use it to kill the Kamau directly. At least, not right away. You use it to freely kill the Kamau's support, and then the Kamau.

7. Teslarod

Neither a Linked Fusilier nor the 3 Helots on the table will be very impressed with a BS13 B3 dude. With WIP14 MSV1 he's better at picking off Camo Markers and troops that care about getting hit with Shock/Warbands. Main selling point is being somewhat cheap + fast on top of unhackable and Mine/Koala resistant. Other than Jammers and Madtraps he'll be fine flanking cheerleaders, Flashpulsebots etc. Anything with a bit more spunk (like a core linked Combi Rifle) is already dangerous for him 2.0 Wounds or not.

barakiel likes this.
  8. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

Shooting even a fully linked Fusilier is not what I'd call "dangerous." And that's assuming you can't deny the Fusilier cover with your 6-4 movement.

9. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

@Space Ranger His lore says he's been recruited from the daoying regiment.

Space Ranger likes this.
  10. Teslarod

Put the Fusilier in +3. You're not going to just randomly get 16-24" rangebands on a member of a Kamau Link from anywhere in the midfield. Bet your ass on having to work your way to close quarters through Warcor/Techbee/Helots/Fugazi before you can just go start chipping away at the Kamau's Link boni.

http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/n3/?...Blackout&p2.hack_b=1&p2.cover=3&p2.misc_mod=0

Either way he's not good at it and not supposed to be. If any random BS13 dude with a Rifle equivalent in damage output could outperform Core linked LI we'd have an entirely different problem.
    Quite possible they're Prone on a roof/stairs or tucked in a corner where you're down to Breaker Pistol/Nanopulser. If you happen to get a Link member outside cover in 16-24" you can obviously go for it, but I wouldn't make it part of a plan.

11. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

Why would I do that? It's generous to give the Fusilier cover, let alone just assuming you can't possibly engage from over 16".

It only takes one straggling Fusilier to knock out the team's +3 modifier and make dealing with the rest of them a much easier proposition. It's not a foolproof plan, nothing in Infinity is, but I'd say it's one of the most solid plans you'll come by for engaging that team directly.

#151 KestrelM1, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  12. Space Ranger

There's been lore?

13. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

And 2 wounds and MSV. So not at all. Why so quick to jump at me?

Dragonstriker likes this.
  14. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

@Space Ranger Kickstarter actu N°24

15. Mahtamori

Sorry to give that impression.

It just looked weird coming from you in particular, removing NWI and making it hackable without adding a second wound and while obviously a typo I couldn't tell if you were gunning for a special version of a Tiger or an actual HI. Since there's been many who repeat the sentiment that Tigers should be in there, I made the wrong assumption.

(Edit: a "special operations" version of a Tiger with MSV over Mimetism isn't unreasonable, IMO)

16. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Well, at least that cherrypicking Dashat won't get a Lei Gong profile. I am happy man with it.

17. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I should be apologising, I thought adding 1 W very intently but never wrote it. I am the villain here.

18. Space Ranger

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be about what I was expecting the LX to be, assuming Tigers were going to be part of IA.

Explode L:X optional, but fun.

EVO gives a flat +3 to the Airborne Deployment skill, so a Shang Ji with wings would be dropping on 17s!

Wanna bet? Dashat didn't start out with the TacAware Zuyong, either!

20. Mahtamori

Haven't read Lei Gong's backstory, but Dahshat doesn't get the ethnic Korean character, nor the ethnic Han Chinese character. If Lei Gong is ethnic Uighur then we can bet our asses he's gonna be in Dahshat.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation