1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dire Foes 9

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Solar, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

What up freaks, we have a new Spec Op character in January.

Probably for Tunguska but maybe Bakunin? I would almost prefer the latter but we shall see.

Anyway, speculation, thoughts? If I could wishlist it would be for a Moderator with BS 12 and some sort of MSV or mimetism to give that link some gunfighting edge, but any new character is always fun and interesting and I'm sure that they'll be good.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  2. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

a moderator on a motorcycle with a stun rifle and a riotstopper

Savnock, Hachiman Taro, Ugin and 2 others like this.
  3. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

Bs 11 moderator with msv1, bio immunity, akrylat kanone, chain colt, multi terrain.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  4. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

BS 11 would suffice, and I hope it gets some neutralising gears like Riotstopper of MadTraps..

TecPPu and Hachiman Taro like this.
  5. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

I would actually prefer something more on expensive side, like IA characters. Something Moira-based (and so maybe it can be an experiment in updating Moiras? please?).

Savnock likes this.
  6. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

for BJC I would like a trully reverend assassin... TO, climbing+ and something to do good killing, or a 20s linkable reverend doctor.

7. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

For me it's highly unlikely to get a Dire Foe for Bakunin. And a Moira is even less likely since all Dire Foes (exception Knauf and Arslan) are based on the Infinity Spec-Ops troops.
    Also a Bakunin Dire Foe would propably look like another pathetic ComicCon cosplayer - nothing I'd actually want.
    My bet is on a Securitate based Vortex vs. a Varuna flavoured Fusilier based Indigo.

ZlaKhon, DaRedOne and Savnock like this.
  8. Armihaul

yes, that makes sense, but one think is what we think we are gonna get, and what we would like to get XD. In TJC, I would like a cheap dude, a linkable warband-like as valeria, or a MS2 killing machine. Something we lack and can help fix some of TJC problems, but latelly CB seems that they hate nomads so they will bring someone that will make some of the troopers irrelevant as they did with jazz-valeria

9. Freki

Freki Well-Known Member

A Securitate with a feuerbach, they can give it whatever name they want

Hecaton, deltakilo and Remnar like this.
  10. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

What about some more Angus and Joan? ;D

11. Armihaul

for the pano side? I dont mind what they get... the profile of theirs might be good or a meh...but if they like the mini, they will spam CB until they get a good profile, and after that, they will still be spamming for extra bits while they call everyone else a cryer

Maybe, if it is a moderator, we will get an starlord-like to finish the theme, to go with the other moderators of the galaxy, with a sincronized rackoon-bot

12. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I'd prefer them to fix the Rev Healer than invalidate it with a cheaper model and not make Spektr 2.0.

A character Chimera with Impersonation (given they are often undercover IIRC) could be good, but given the name I'd expect some thing from TJC. Which I hope isn't another hacker (as TJC is saturated with good hackers so it'll just get lost in background noise), I'd prefer something with other fun defensive toys, like Albedo, crazy Koalas, E/Maulers, etc.

borisgreymenace likes this.
  13. Armihaul

that's a good point, I didn't think it well. That would create the same problem that will come with jazz/valeria. But I also think CB will not fix reverend healers the way we want, and will leave her as the weak point in the fireteam

14. SpectralOwl

Honestly, I'd like an NCA-flavoured Fusilier, or even better an NCA-flavoured anything else since Fusiliers are the most unbearably dull units in Infinity, fluff-wise. The faction representing the rishest capital of the largest faction in the setting is starved for fluff and flavour in a bad way and it would be nice to get an option that can really show off something NeoTerran to give the faction a bit more character. At the moment it's more defined by what it doesn't have (basically any method of moving up the board without shooting) than what it does. Something that can really bully the guerilla tactics used by the poorer nations while employing superior technology or even just a really accurate Hexa Sniper to reliably drop out of Hidden Deployment and assassinate key opposing figures would be great.

15. geckoguy

geckoguy Member

TUNGUSKA UNIT TUNGUSKA UNIT TUNGUSKA UNIT

would love something with a toy nomads lack, like holo2 (or even 1 but 2 would be ideal). and some sort of long gun (*cough* Feuerbach *Cough*) but i wont push my luck. I mostly expect some form of securitate or grenzer character with *low* chance of hollow man character. Don't want but kinda expect *another* new hacker.

Savnock likes this.
  16. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Honestly be a bit annoyed if Tunguska gets a Dire Foe while Bakunin lacks one. BJC are feeling pretty neglected and stale at this point, which is a pity for a force with so much potential character.

Hopefully Kusanagi being in defiance is a sign of some love incoming.

Solar likes this.
  17. Armihaul

I don't spect to see kusanagi next year but 2021. Maybe BJC would see some love mid 2020, but CB seems to neglect nomads a bit (luckyly not in miniatures, but we are the ones with the most old school miniatures, with 3 weapon size/model). Some sectorials when they get revised, some of their troops gets revised, they gain some extra profile, and they check fireteams. That's not what happened to CJC, and I fear that is neither going to happen to BJC

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Bakunin needs some love, yes. Or at least: make the Moderator team useful in some way.

I'd honestly say let up to two Taskmasters and up to one Clockmaker join a Moderator team, and give em a spec op that's cool in some way.

#18 Solar, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Remnar likes this.
  19. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Moderators are cops. So it doesn’t make sense for a lot of super soldiers to mix with cops. That’s part of what makes Bakunin great. You got Cops, religious super soldiers, genetically modified peoples, black ops assassins, and feminazis. I suppose CB could break “fluff” to make them the same as everyone else, but Carlos and the team have been really good about keeping to “what would make sense in our world?”

20. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

The Moderator Corps also have Taskmasters Team, Morlocks Gruppe and Überfallkommando.
    Being a cop in Bakunin is not being an "ordinary" cop considering the inhabitants of the ship.

loricus and Dragonstriker like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation