1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small local tournament coming, what would you drop?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Tanan, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

Small local tournament is coming. 2x 300p lists from same sectoral or vanilla. Scenarios are: Acquisition, Highly Classified and Capture and Protect.

I will be playing TAC, but lets hear what kind of list pair would you drop.

Acquisition:
    • The usual last turn rush to the objective. Whoever controls midfield when the game ends effectively wins the game barring exceptional circumstances. 2nd player has a huge advantage.
    • Midfield minelayers seem good

Highly Classified:
    • Should one of the lists have a hacker?

Capture and Protect:
    • Depending on the terrain, this scenario can be very hard to pull off due to the fact that enemy can prevent Beacon from being captured by simply deploying a model b2b with the beacon during deployment phase. Dead scenario?
    • HVT isn' used. There are 3 objectives with a gear icon: Test run, Sabotage and Nanoespionage. These objectives give an extra objective point. If you manage to get one of these (or Predator/Rescue) seriously consider abandoding any efforts to pick up the Beacon.

2. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I don’t feel that those missions really force you to do anything, but to bring two lists that can do Highly Classified and have some sort of durable datatracker for Acquisition. Veteran Kazak Paramedic or FO for example would also fit for highly classified as well.

About capture and protect I don’t see what you mean. If an enemy is in b2b with the beacon: kill him.

Good luck at the tournament!

3. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

@ZlaKhon About capture and protect: Drawing a LoF to a model b2b with beacon might be difficult while keeping another model nearby (and alive) to capture the beacon.

Compare this to normal HVT objectives, which aren’t in enemy deployment area and can’t be prevented by sticking a model next to it.

For example, if I draw sabotage and I have a scout in my lists (which I most certainly have) enemy is going to lose unless he also draws a 2 point objective or somehow manages to get a model alive through my minefield, overlapping suppressive fire lanes, kill all models b2b with beacon (and rest of my army), remove unconscious bodyblocking models, get b2b with beacon and survive to the end of 3rd round...

#3 Tanan, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  4. Bellyflop

Bellyflop Well-Known Member

You should reread capture and protect. You can't deploy in base contact with the beacons. Also you can pick them up and bring them back to your deployment zone.

Tanan likes this.
  5. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

I knew I missed something.

So if you can go 1st (which you should) and choose a list can deploy trooper within 1mm of enemy beacon (which you should), you can automatically to steal the beacon during your 1st turn and enemy can't* prevent that. In addition to that you should have multiple other infiltrators nearby to prevent minelayer deployment and pick up the beacon when the point guy dies. Incoming smoke templates from backfield also help. Unfortunately, if enemy has any forward deployment models (which he should) he can box in the lead model. And from 2nd turn onwards both players should have a model b2b with friendly beacon to prevent such trick. So it's doable. Just incredibly difficult. Still a dead scenario?

* No-holds barred pre-measuring is allowed in deployment? I can deploy a mine so that is small teardrop template+0,5mm away from the point guy? Probably not.

#5 Tanan, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  6. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

Tournament over. I scored minor victory on Acquisition by holding the Tech-coffin at the end of the game. Got minor loss in Highly Classified, because I could only score 4 classifieds and opponent scored 5. In Capture and Protect, I stole the Beacon during my 1st turn using Scouts. My opponent never made an attempt to steal my beacon but instead scored his classified and kill my beacon bearer during his last turn. Minor (1-0) loss to me.

7. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

Our TO made these rulings:
    - Smoke special ammo is an Attack. Friendly models don’t take Guts Rolls from Smoke.
    - Entire Antipode assault pack can remove retreat-state with a single cmd-token. The WIP has to be retaken each round regardless if cmd token was used.
    - Each player draws 2x2 classified objectives and chooses two for main classified objectives in Highly Classified -> It’s all about choosing objectives that opponent can’t realistically score such as “Mapping”.
    - No-holds-barred premeasuring wasn’t allowed in Capture and Protect, which allowed me to steal the Beacon. My opponent tried to lay a mine using minelayer, but the it was cancelled.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation