1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helot Camo + Decoy

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Wyrmnax, Nov 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Okay, all of those are plausible interpretations except for the last one "per order, the same way you can choose between your Rifle or Pistol when declaring an Order or ARO". Because that's claiming that it doesn't do anything, and they meant to just use a comma.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Frack, that was about 5 forums ago, @KestrelM1

@ijw , got anything else to say on this?

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but how much detail does the rulebook really need to cover? Does it need to contain a dictionary of common English language practices? Does it need to contain a rules of customs for "when something looks really different from every other case, it really means there's something different going on, so it doesn't work like in all other cases"?
    There's a limit for which of these are reasonable to ask. I think it's reasonable to ask whether you make the choice on list creation or during deployment, but in all other cases the player must be able to realise that the unit's profile has something very specific going on when two skills are grouped up and separated by a / and it should not be hard for a player to realise what it means and that the decision should reasonably be made as soon as it becomes relevant.
    At some point, you have to realise that the question you're asking is fishing for creating uncertainty that you bloody well should know shouldn't be there in order to bend the rules to do stuff that they reasonably should not do.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Under ammunition / is explained as being one or the other, exact phrase escapes me.

5. Jhokalups

Jhokalups Member

Xeurian and emperorsaistone like this.
  6. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, all I have is a vague memory where someone said that they were profile options and you had to pick one at list creation. But as you say that was 5 forums ago so I have no way of knowing if that was real, or even N3-related.

The last example is intentionally obtuse, but serves to illustrate there's no reason it couldn't be that way. Without any rules to refer to, any of those four timing options are equally valid, even though they're significantly different in effect.

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yeah.
    ‘How to read stuff in unit entries’ is a bit of a blind spot for CB, which is why we keep having discussions about what + and / mean, across multiple forums and editions.

My favourite is + being used for G: Servant and G: Synch, leading to a Scavenger that shanks an Auxilia being able to pick up a Combi Rifle with underslung Auxbot...

meikyoushisui, Xeurian and Mahtamori like this.
  8. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

If you print a unit with the "/" you obtain two skills with a selection box to tick
    upload_2019-11-18_12-27-14.png
    You have to choose one. Simply as that.

meikyoushisui and Xeurian like this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

I'd missed that one...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation